Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Default Waders??????????

Hey ladies and gents
I have a question on waders for at the moment I heve a cheepy pair but my main problem putting 200 or more in a set is that none fit I've been to bass pro wss fishin hole you name it and never had a pair fit because I have size 13 feet but I am the body type of a size of a size 8-9 person can I get custom or do they have a place with some sort of odd sizes
Thanks

"Theirs a fine Line between fishing and standing on the shore like a dummy" - steven
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM

I also have the same problem with my size 13 feet. Shopping for waders is a serious nightmare but I have luck with streamside products, they're no Simms but they definitely do the trick for a couple years. It's worth a look my friend.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 PM

Go to Springbrook here in Calgary and try on some Wardells. For 20 bucks extra they will put a custom size stocking foot on any size waders you want. Very underrated waders for sure....
Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 PM

So happy to hear that, been trying to find waders for size 15 shoe for a long time
Old 04-10-2013, 07:39 PM

Simple answer...

SIMMS. They have a "custom shop" available. Made in Montana, great quality, good customer service, and overall the best waders on the market.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown trout View Post
Simple answer...

SIMMS. They have a "custom shop" available. Made in Montana, great quality, good customer service, and overall the best waders on the market.

I agree can't go wrong with Simms
Wayne
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM

i'm a simms fan aswell, but i get them for free. i think they're way over priced. if i had to buy a pair of waders. i would get these.

https://usia.com/shop/waders/

custom size, color,boot/stocking, what ever you want. starting at 200$ made in the states for the military.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 PM

Simms all the way
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Thanks guys I'll look into it

"Theirs a fine Line between fishing and standing on the shore like a dummy" - steven
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclennanchris View Post
Simms all the way
X 2. Get the g4z. Ull thank me later
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braggadoe View Post
i'm a simms fan aswell, but i get them for free. i think they're way over priced. if i had to buy a pair of waders. i would get these.

https://usia.com/shop/waders/

custom size, color,boot/stocking, what ever you want. starting at 200$ made in the states for the military.
Just looked at the web site, really cool stuff there!
Never heard of them but that does not mean anything. Have you tried them or have friends who use them? 200 + and they target usage for twenty years-wow I would be interested to look at a pair. I think most of us have spent way more on waders and gear like that then we would have liked to. I try to make as many purchases for any kind of gear in the off season. Only down side is it sure would be nice to see a pair at a Canadian dealer. No Montana dealer either unfortunately.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 AM

i first saw them 3-4 years ago. they're big in oregon,washington st. ever since simms stopped making insulated bootfoot foots. the hard core winter steelheaders really like them.

i phoned them, ordered a pair for my father inlaw. they look great, the urban camo is pretty cool.haven't gave them to him yet, might keep'em.

i like the simms product, but couldn't imagine paying retail 700-800$ for a pair of simms waders that is only going to last 70-90 days. even the prodeal is too much, IMO. i go through 2 pair each summer. when i was doing double seasons, it was 3-4 pair a year.

side note: i also ordered a drysuit. it's awesome,haven't swam in it yet. but its very well built. can't wait to use it. i'm wearing it now!..........just kidding.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 AM

Is that dry suit to keep your scent in for turkey hunting?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:04 AM

might be a good idea. i haven't washed my turkey hunting clothes in 20 yrs.

no turkey hunting for me this year. got called back to work early. super bummed!!!!!!!!! going to work on the line, and bear hunt before work.

just got back from fishing/camping at the lake. didn't hear any gobbles or seen any tracks, should of heard some??

good luck!!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikecrazed View Post
Hey ladies and gents
I have a question on waders for at the moment I heve a cheepy pair but my main problem putting 200 or more in a set is that none fit I've been to bass pro wss fishin hole you name it and never had a pair fit because I have size 13 feet but I am the body type of a size of a size 8-9 person can I get custom or do they have a place with some sort of odd sizes
Thanks
I have the same pair of Simms Guide waders for 18 years on my size 12 feet. They are indestructible. Before gettting the Simms, I wore out a pair of waders every 3-4 years. The trade off was $450 for the Simms vs $200-$250 for a cheaper pair. I reckon the Simms were more than paid off in the first 6 years, as I would have had to replace two cheap pairs in that time frame.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM

Look at the orvis silver sonics. They have a pretty good sizing system that will fit you. They are arguable the nicest waders on the market and not as expensive as Simms either. You won't regret buying the silver sonics.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:04 PM

I have had a pair of Orvis Pro Guide waders for five years now and absolutely love them. They do come on sale periodically to help with the pocket book and I highly recommend them. JMO
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 AM

I have used simms for years, but they have stopped making their waders in the size I need, except for in their high end waders which is more than I wanted to pay. Quite a few guys I know have switched to Patagonia and haven't looked back, so I decided to give them a try. They make their waders in a large range of sizes, the ones I bought fit better than any Simms waders I have owned. Of course you could always order custom from Simms as well. I was told Patagonia has awesome customer service, never had to deal with them yet, but from what the guys say, it's great. Plus they donate a portion of every wader sold to conservation, which to me is a a big plus.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Banned

Default Wader Shootout Results

From the same folks that bring us the annual "5wt Shootout",Yellowstone Angler's 2013 Top 10 Wader Shootout"
http://www.yellowstoneangler.com/gea...elas-bootfoots
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 PM

Default Waders??????????

Just bought some XL Frogg Togg hellbender waders read some good things about them especially for the price,havent had a chance to use them but tried them on and went for a little hike i found them very comfortable and im 250 and change, worth a look
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 PM

Simms....go with the G4s
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM

how are the g4's in the summer time. Are they hot as hell like my headwater wadders by Simms
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 PM

Yes!!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycoma View Post
how are the g4's in the summer time. Are they hot as hell like my headwater wadders by Simms
They are twice as hot. Pant waders rule for summer.

I've worn many Simms models and now I am wearing Redington Sonic Pros, Simms will never last a season, just like every other wader so purchase the most comfortable. It's only a matter of time before they leak.