Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2016, 09:53 PM

Default You've probably never seen anything like this before!!

So let me preface this story by saying that I don't like to see any animal suffer, especially not as a direct result of human ignorance.

Was walking down one of my favorite little streams this weekend and looked across to notice something hanging from a piece of fishing line caught in a bunch of branches. I thought it was a dead bird at first tangled up so crossed the creek to go cut it down. Once I got to the otherside I noticed it was definitely not a bird and was very much still alive.

So I wasn't just going to let this thing hang there suffer and die, after all with all the mosquitoes and other annoying bugs that these things eat its the least I can do and since its because of us that this animal is in this predicament.... Once I grabbed the line and broke it off the tree I noticed that not only was the bat holding onto the fly but it was also stuck in one of its feet. The hook popped out relatively easy although you wouldn't have known it by the teeth it was showing me and the noises it was making.

After the hook was out it hung out on the log like this for about 15 minutes until the girlfriend went back to see if it was still there and it flew away. I don't know how long it had a fly stuck in it and was hanging there for, but glad to see it survived.

Oh yeah, the Green Drakes were hatching to and the fish were looking UP!!!!!!

Have also never caught a cutt with the spotting going right into the eyes like this before.