Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Default Rex Murphy - Jason Kenney

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGE3T5HztQ

Rex Murphy sits down with Alberta’s premier. Obviously a federalist premier, but Jason Kenney is not blind at the serious issues facing Alberta as a province and Canada as a country. I think he is well intended in bringing back the Alberta advantage ( and then some ), but still wearing the white gloves too much.

For the people who still say: ‘oh, I didn’t know all that’, please watch and get a little bit more of the facts straight, one day at a time. This time around: Alberta’s energy sector.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:12 AM

very interesting interview . kenney is very well spoken and points out a lot of facts . unfortunately , i dont think all the facts in the world are going to change how the " elite " out east run our country and how they view canada as belonging to quebec ( as pointed out by our prime minister )

everyone should listen to this .
Old 11-26-2019, 08:35 AM

Default Alberta

The government in power has a long history of looking after their base (and their own financial interests) in the east over the needs of the west, and unfortunately quite often at the expense of the west.

The interview is fairly historically accurate, and things need to change.

A lot of people want Kenny to be more aggressive and drop the gloves NOW.

That's not how things work in business or even more so in government, the big wheels turn slowly.

I feel Kenny has a good plan going forward and am willing to give him a little time. With the Libs losing even more seats this last election, this will take some wind out of their sails and they will need to be a little more amiable towards the west.

Kenny was not my choice in the Leadership race, I was a Brian Jean supporter. Kenny is more of a career politician and I'm weary of those guys. I sincerely hope he does have the experience and skills to bring Alberta back to her former glory.I also lost my job due to the downturn in Alberta and am still under employed at a time when I should have been packing money away for a nearing retirement.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
The government in power has a long history of looking after their base (and their own financial interests) in the east over the needs of the west, and unfortunately quite often at the expense of the west.

The interview is fairly historically accurate, and things need to change.

A lot of people want Kenny to be more aggressive and drop the gloves NOW.

That's not how things work in business or even more so in government, the big wheels turn slowly.

I feel Kenny has a good plan going forward and am willing to give him a little time. With the Libs losing even more seats this last election, this will take some wind out of their sails and they will need to be a little more amiable towards the west.

Kenny was not my choice in the Leadership race, I was a Brian Jean supporter. Kenny is more of a career politician and I'm weary of those guys. I sincerely hope he does have the experience and skills to bring Alberta back to her former glory.I also lost my job due to the downturn in Alberta and am still under employed at a time when I should have been packing money away for a nearing retirement.
i dont think the last election knocked any wind out of their sails . i honestly believe that the ridings that control our parliament despise us for being successful and truly hate us and will do anything to make us suffer , even at their own peril . i hope i am wrong .
Old 11-27-2019, 02:41 AM

Kenney is in a tough spot against the Liberals, I sure as heck wouldn't want his job at the moment. Not a lot you can do, when they have no intention of doing anything about the issues, and the fractured federal opposition can't or won't help. The things he is doing will take time, not sure how much patience the people here really have for his methods.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:12 AM

he knows a lot more about business and politics than i do , and he may be right about patience , however the list of companies moving or closing their doors is growing almost daily . i dont think we have the luxury of time anymore .
Old 11-27-2019, 09:25 AM

Truth be told, I think that pulling the pension monies that were earned in Alberta and placing them into an Alberta pension fund is a lot bigger stick than most realize.

I've heard that some estimates of the amount contributed by and owed to Albertans is about 3.2 trillion dollars. That is a very large amount of money to be taking away from eastern banks. Especially since lately these pensions have been invested in silly 'socially responsible' or 'green' things. I've heard that they've lost a lot of money doing that.

Also, especially liberal governments have been borrowing from the pension plans to reduce budget deficits for years, and not repaying the amounts.

I'd bet that if Alberta withdrew the amount owed, and Saskatchewan followed, there were be a big problem, as I bet that the pension checks would stop shortly after. That would make the rest of Canada very mad as it happened under a liberal watch. It wouldn't just be seniors either. Working people who contributed to CPP under the guise of getting a pension later will be very ****ed as well.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i dont think the last election knocked any wind out of their sails . i honestly believe that the ridings that control our parliament despise us for being successful and truly hate us and will do anything to make us suffer , even at their own peril . i hope i am wrong .
You are wrong. They dont dispise us at all and they're certainly not jealous. We just dont matter to them. They're all to busy living their own lives trying to slug it out. When they do take time to think about us all they see are a bunch of whiners with a larger gpa (per capita) complaining. We still make more money then most even as our economy returns to reality.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:41 PM

There's no end in sight. When you're repeatedly lied to, taken advantage of, and shat upon by a larger, more powerful player, your only recourse is to turn, collect your marbles and walk away. A provincial Pension Plan is a good first, but small step. Keep walking away Kenny. As long as any liberal is at the helm, expect the worst and don't expect any pleasant surprises.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:52 PM

Rex Murphy has been fired by multiple news organizations for conflict of interest so he got ****ed off and started a YouTube channel. He's mad because the "MSM" thinks that getting paid to speak on behalf of industry organizations means he's biased and his opinion is being influenced by private interests.

Kenney shouldn't be appearing on these types of "shows."
Old 11-28-2019, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Rex Murphy has been fired by multiple news organizations for conflict of interest so he got ****ed off and started a YouTube channel. He's mad because the "MSM" thinks that getting paid to speak on behalf of industry organizations means he's biased and his opinion is being influenced by private interests.

Kenney shouldn't be appearing on these types of "shows."
Nothing to add, only wanted to quote you, so you would try to make sense of what you meant. Try reading it backwards if it doesn’t make sense.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:16 AM

The reason that the east wants to keep the west down, is that power was moving west, head offices in the east were relocating in the west and the east did not like that. They want the power to remain in eastern Canada. If the west becomes the power base for the country, it would diminish Ontario and Quebec's role in confederation, and they do not want that to happen.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
The reason that the east wants to keep the west down, is that power was moving west, head offices in the east were relocating in the west and the east did not like that. They want the power to remain in eastern Canada. If the west becomes the power base for the country, it would diminish Ontario and Quebec's role in confederation, and they do not want that to happen.
No, it's because the eastern elite are simply more evolved than us. They are more clever, more cultured and above working in the dirt, growing crops, consorting with cows and pumping dirty oil. In short, their sh*t don't stink!

Now don't be uppity - doff your cap, cast your eyes downwards, tug your forelock, and be silent while your eastern betters decide what's good for you.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Truth be told, I think that pulling the pension monies that were earned in Alberta and placing them into an Alberta pension fund is a lot bigger stick than most realize.

I've heard that some estimates of the amount contributed by and owed to Albertans is about 3.2 trillion dollars. That is a very large amount of money to be taking away from eastern banks. Especially since lately these pensions have been invested in silly 'socially responsible' or 'green' things. I've heard that they've lost a lot of money doing that.

Also, especially liberal governments have been borrowing from the pension plans to reduce budget deficits for years, and not repaying the amounts.

I'd bet that if Alberta withdrew the amount owed, and Saskatchewan followed, there were be a big problem, as I bet that the pension checks would stop shortly after. That would make the rest of Canada very mad as it happened under a liberal watch. It wouldn't just be seniors either. Working people who contributed to CPP under the guise of getting a pension later will be very ****ed as well.
Interesting. I follow the news pretty regularly, but I haven’t seen anything about pension funds losing in these activist investment schemes, perhaps by design on the medias part. Any sources you can share?
Old 11-28-2019, 03:23 PM

The most recent one was they were investing pension funds in building low cost housing in India.

A girl I know that used to work in one of the pension administration offices told me that they were investing pensions in wind and solar energy, and had lost a lot of money doing that. They didn't invest in the companies, rather bought into the projects as co-owners to get profits. None ever came and the projects were always behind.

You used to be able to get a list of the investments made with the pensions. I haven't seen one online for a while, but that doesn't meant hat one doesn't exist.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
I think you are totally 100% correct...Unfortunately
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
I also lost my job due to the downturn in Alberta and am still under employed at a time when I should have been packing money away for a nearing retirement.
Not sure where your location is but if you're in Edmonton/Leduc/St Albert area, PM me your resume,, not the patch wages but pretty good, benefits, profit sharing, decent hours, a little bit of out of town work but usually only a night or two.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:30 AM
Banned

Last edited by drhu22; 11-29-2019 at 01:44 AM.