Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2023, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
You never gave an answer of what should be done to solve the problem only elaborated on the problems you see?
Why don't you tell me what the solution is before we end up like Cuba? That's where we are heading.

People will call each other out. But they won't call out the government.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
Why don't you tell me what the solution is before we end up like Cuba? That's where we are heading.

Got nothing eh…
Old 05-22-2023, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Never claimed to have the answers for this country and have little faith in the direction it’s headed. I am asking you what the answer is because you have chose to come and preach like we should all do something so figured you might have put thought into it

I only have faith in what I can personally control myself so any options I will have considered are not going to change the direction of this country.

We can all list issues on what we see and the list would likely be huge but answers are always harder for people to come up with
Old 05-22-2023, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Never claimed to have the answers for this country and have little faith in the direction it’s headed. I am asking you what the answer is because you have chose to come and preach like we should all do something so figured you might have put thought into it

I only have faith in what I can personally control myself so any options I will have considered are not going to change the direction of this country.

We can all list issues on what we see and the list would likely be huge but answers are always harder for people to come up with
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Got nothing eh…
If I say what I wanted to say, I won't be here very long. Lets put it this way. There is much trash in our government. What do you do with trash?

But it has to start with discussion. And that's the hardest thing to get.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
If I say what I wanted to say, I won't be here very long. Lets put it this way. There is much trash in our government. What do you do with trash?

What was the previous username you used to preach under before you were banned? Pretty sure you’ve been here before.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
What was the previous username you used to preach under before you were banned? Pretty sure you’ve been here before.
There you go. You want to call me out instead of discussing the issues.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
There you go. You want to call me out instead of discussing the issues.
A quick look at your post history shows that you showed up to preach. Usually when someone is political fairly early on after joining can pretty much insure they’ve been here before.

So tell us oh wise one, what’s the plan? You want to discuss? Then discuss your high and mighty plan to save this country from all the idiot politicians and stupid people like us that keep voting.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
You do realize we have a 10,000,000,000 surplus despite the NDP leaving us 80,000,000,000 in debt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
They conveniently forget that in their hatred for Smith. Totally blinds them to the truth and the reality of another NDP government.
And I wonder what oil prices are now compared to then...

Even still, that has little to do with Smith spending huge on her government/caucus. Conservative governments used to be known as small government and less spending. Now...? Good lord. Bigger government and continually filling the pockets of their buddies. End of the day, in Alberta right now, it doesn't matter who is forming government, government size and cost and overall spending is out of control. No such thing as "conservative" any longer.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:

You will never get everyone on the same page because you are not against a single tyrant but instead just an ideology of what direction Canada should move towards for the future. This is a divided population not just a government. Remember we still vote for our leadership here and often people actually agree with the platform they vote for

So to take out the trash as you hint at would actually mean civil war

Hope you have a better plan because I don’t think you are charismatic enough to convince people to get on board with that one
Old 05-22-2023, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
You will never get everyone on the same page because you are not against a single tyrant but instead just an ideology of what direction Canada should move towards for the future. This is a divided population not just a government. Remember we still vote for our leadership here and often people actually agree with the platform they vote for

So to take out the trash as you hint at would actually mean civil war

Hope you have a better plan because I don’t think you are charismatic enough to convince people to get on board with that one
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

How do people visualize Alberta after 4 more years of Notley?
Old 05-22-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:

High unemployment, massive debt, companies leaving due to huge corporate tax hikes and taking their jobs with them.
Old 05-22-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
A quick look at your post history shows that you showed up to preach. Usually when someone is political fairly early on after joining can pretty much insure they’ve been here before.

So tell us oh wise one, what’s the plan? You want to discuss? Then discuss your high and mighty plan to save this country from all the idiot politicians and stupid people like us that keep voting.
He has definitely been here before.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-22-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Naah everything is good, mission accomplish give yourself a pat at the back

https://www.istockphoto.com/vector/w...91476-82692335

and Good Riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

PS

Please don't forget to bring your buddy with you

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/two-high...-ndp-1.6408896

Last edited by igorot; 05-22-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-22-2023, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Probably the same as any other province that has had a term of poor management by a political party

I definitely see it as a negative and as an ex BC resident(with friends/family still there) I am fully aware how well the NDP can twist things

Still not civil war worthy and still would need to be voted in by your fellow Albertans

Now maybe start thinking a common sense approach like I don’t know like people taking more time to become involved with their political leaders as a cohesive unit in an attempt to encourage policies that are less polarized and will benefit all Albertans

But that’s crazy talk I know
Old 05-22-2023, 06:33 PM

Default What great comments

I had no idea, but I suspected that there are enough people on this site to get a pretty good idea what everyone in the province is thinking.

"Democracy is the worst form of government...except for every other one that we have tried" Winston Churchill

I think that you all have outlined most of the short comings.

Just think of the ancient Greeks with the first democracy, when Pericles needed a decision made he just got all the men together in the town square and had a show of hands.

No one has mentioned, maybe due to the ranting of "election stealing" in the USA, but we have the technology I think to have as many plebiscites, as we want. Do you support helping Ukraine? Oil and Gas, higher taxes? GST? that sort of thing, do you think that would be better than an election every 4 years?
Anyway thanks to you all. I'm very impressed with the thoughtful comments, but just try to remember we are working with people and contrary to what we may think, we are an imperfect species.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
And I wonder what oil prices are now compared to then...

Even still, that has little to do with Smith spending huge on her government/caucus. Conservative governments used to be known as small government and less spending. Now...? Good lord. Bigger government and continually filling the pockets of their buddies. End of the day, in Alberta right now, it doesn't matter who is forming government, government size and cost and overall spending is out of control. No such thing as "conservative" any longer.
With the NDP we wouldn't have oil and gas revenue.

Truth is none of these people are working for Albertans or Canadians for that matter. There working for the WEF and the global elites to destroy western culture and our way of life.

I could tell you things about the government and the RCMP that would turn your hair white, but I don't live in a free country anymore.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Society is like an alcoholic, they are addicted. Stockholm syndrome. First thing that needs to happen is admitting there is a problem, and that is the hardest part for people, actually seeing it. For example.

In my 50 years, I witnessed total gun control - people complained but the people allowed it to happen. When cops or military follow bad orders, bad things happen. When doctors and nurses follow bad orders, bad things happen. When a society follows bad orders, bad things happen. That's exactly what Canadians did, followed bad orders and now here we are. And, bad things are happening.

When I was a kid, one could walk down the street with a firearm, nobody batted an eyelash. Walk down a street with a 30-30 today, and you know what the result is going to be. I watched as people signed up for an FAC, permission from the government to own a firearm - and that became PAL? It's like Oliver Twist, please sir can I have some more. Then the firearms registry, then the handgun becoming restricted and now, you can't even buy one in Canada. Then more firearms getting prohibited. Some toerag changed the rules, you became a criminal. Nobody wants to be a criminal. Funny that. You see, you've been turned into a law abiding citizen, but you are ruled by crooks and corruption on all levels.

You lie to government, you can end up in jail. Government lies to you, that's politics. Of, for and by the people? Where did that go? It never existed in the first place.
This isn't the 50's, Mayberry no longer exists and apparently Huck Finn is long dead, times change and the world evolves. It's pretty obvious the high-def spectacle taking place in the U.S. with their "gun freedom" promotions in the last 25 odd years has created a lot of fear and anxiety among the majority of Canadians as well as many Americans in regard to being uncomfortable with casual gun culture, reasonably these people also have votes in a democracy. You may see yourself as a rational person but what about the guy who looks and acts like a lunatic that lives on the outskirts of town, do you trust his judgement or understand his issues? Coincidentally he may view you as a lunatic, who's to judge?

The Intl. border allows us the opportunity to choose a different path and create a different environment that that meets the needs of the majority of it's citizens. If you really want something a bit more "spicy" the border isn't hard to find, just head South.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:59 PM

I voted today, the girl that I registered with told me it was exceptionally all morning.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-23-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
With the NDP we wouldn't have oil and gas revenue.

Truth is none of these people are working for Albertans or Canadians for that matter. There working for the WEF and the global elites to destroy western culture and our way of life.

I could tell you things about the government and the RCMP that would turn your hair white, but I don't live in a free country anymore.
Ok then.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:52 PM

Default I’m in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
This isn't the 50's, Mayberry no longer exists and apparently Huck Finn is long dead, times change and the world evolves. It's pretty obvious the high-def spectacle taking place in the U.S. with their "gun freedom" promotions in the last 25 odd years has created a lot of fear and anxiety among the majority of Canadians as well as many Americans in regard to being uncomfortable with casual gun culture, reasonably these people also have votes in a democracy. You may see yourself as a rational person but what about the guy who looks and acts like a lunatic that lives on the outskirts of town, do you trust his judgement or understand his issues? Coincidentally he may view you as a lunatic, who's to judge?

The Intl. border allows us the opportunity to choose a different path and create a different environment that that meets the needs of the majority of it's citizens. If you really want something a bit more "spicy" the border isn't hard to find, just head South.
If you find a decently fast path to a USA citizenship as a Heavy Equipment Technician give me a PM because I’m all in.
I don’t mean just a green card I mean full citizenship.
It’s a lot harder than it seems if your blue collar.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:09 PM

I think one thing people should remember is that one party directly supports the current federal government and the other does not. Please do not support the current government in Ottawa
Old 05-23-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
I think one thing people should remember is that one party directly supports the current federal government and the other does not. Please do not support the current government in Ottawa
So a vote for Notley, is in fact support for the federal liberal/ndp coalition, or, a vote for Trudeau.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So a vote for Notley, is in fact support for the federal liberal/ndp coalition, or, a vote for Trudeau.
Indeed it does.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:29 PM

Okay guys, let's dial it back to somewhere between the lines please. Thanks. I've sent a PM to one overly boisterous fella, for sure a hot button topic but let's ease up a bit, Thanks again!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-23-2023, 10:10 PM

Quote:

I am sure it will be utopia. All the little animals will be safe in the woods once the big bad hunters are gone and all the land has been turned into well manicured lawns with certain special people who will convers with nature and be one with their vegan selves. Crime will disappear because everyone knows once you disarm all those bad firearms owners the world will turn to peace, love and everyone will be singing kumbha. You will never have to worry about where you live or how to earn money because the Government will take care of you. And all those bad fossil fuel companies will be kicked out of the province and we can heat our homes with wind turbines and solar panels and all drive EV car with batteries dug up by child labor in some far off land but at least it is not in our utopia so it is all good.

That is what I see, now excuse me while I go turn my solar powered BBQ and cook and organic mushroom for supper which was grown in the back of the local grocery store.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-24-2023, 01:18 AM

Default How will Alberta be after the election?

The question has been asked in a number of ways and here is my best guess.
If the UCP wins a majority the Premier can correctly assume that most if not all of her pronouncements have the approval of the majority of votes, so I would guess that there will be a lot of rapid change as she would have an experienced cabinet and a mandate from the voters.

If the NDs win I would expect modest changes, as there will be new MLAs, a new and mostly inexperienced cabinet and the belief that people vited against the government as opposed to for the NDP.

If there is a minority either way all I'd predict as there will be a leadership convention for the losers and a very rough ride for the "winners".

Get out and vote so we can see what most of us want.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:30 AM

Casted my vote last night no line up, in the advanced polling. quick and easy.

all you need is your drivers license and vote for the right party ( preferably blue).
Old 05-25-2023, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
The question has been asked in a number of ways and here is my best guess.
If the UCP wins a majority the Premier can correctly assume that most if not all of her pronouncements have the approval of the majority of votes, so I would guess that there will be a lot of rapid change as she would have an experienced cabinet and a mandate from the voters.

If the NDs win I would expect modest changes, as there will be new MLAs, a new and mostly inexperienced cabinet and the belief that people vited against the government as opposed to for the NDP.

If there is a minority either way all I'd predict as there will be a leadership convention for the losers and a very rough ride for the "winners".

Get out and vote so we can see what most of us want.
Biggest problem is the NDP really don't have any true members. Seems they picked up most of their members from the bars and the "oil is bad rallies" They never expected to win and were at best ill prepared to run the province last time they "won". At best I see the same thing this time, just with flasher PR.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.