Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2023, 08:21 AM

Default We all have to VOTE!

With all the problems that democracies have the worst by far is apathy! Just because you don't like any of the candidates, too bad, you didn't volunteer yourself you you have to pick from the people who did offer themselves as a candidates.

My vote does not count. It does count, just like all the rest.

If you are a candidate and a member here, I wish you all the best.

Just a historical note, when our constitution was drawn up the separation of responsibilities between Federal and Provincial governments was to prevent the type of arguments that we hear all the time now. For example Health is a provincial responsibility but due to universal health care in Canada (a Tommy Douglas idea) the provinces either have to tax more or get federal help, and thus was born Ottawa bashing.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:26 AM

Confederation was set up with Ottawa being the deciding power, the provinces have been fighting that ever since, it's important that we have a strong counter force, get out and vote.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-19-2023, 08:37 AM

Voting is important , only if you have a reason in voting for a certain candidate/party, voting just for the sake of voting, and voting for a random candidate is meaningless. And I have seen students run out and vote, just because they were eligible, without having a clue who they were voting for, and not even knowing what party they represented.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Voting is important , only if you have a reason in voting for a certain candidate/party, voting just for the sake of voting, and voting for a random candidate is meaningless. And I have seen students run out and vote, just because they were eligible, without having a clue who they were voting for, and not even knowing what party they represented.
And we seen a provincial & federal party line up students who had no clue just to fill candidates so they could run a full slate. My adult kids have no interest in voting so best they stay home rather than help the wrong side I think my son will soon as he has been a home owner for 2 years and now see's what town councils, provincial and federal parties do to your wallet.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:21 AM
Banned

People still believe their vote actually matters.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderweb View Post
People still believe their vote actually matters.
Fully support any left wingers that want to stay home because they believe their vote doesn’t count haha

Voting does matter.
Old 05-19-2023, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Fully support any left wingers that want to stay home because they believe their vote doesn’t count haha

Voting does matter.
Oh those with strong liberal views would never miss an opportunity to vote because of their drive regarding social issues

But the average citizen the works hard and is just concerned about trying to get by looking after their household is more likely to view their time more valuable than their vote

This is why we have become represented by the extreme of either side because this people are more passionate about their political views/change than the majority that are just trying to get by
Old 05-19-2023, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:

Voting does matter.
Left wing, right wing, 2 wings of the same bird my friend and people are finally waking up to it. I don't subscribe to either, just a critical thinker that knows what's going on.
Old 05-19-2023, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Left wing, right wing, 2 wings of the same bird my friend and people are finally waking up to it. I don't subscribe to either, just a critical thinker that knows what's going on.
The difference being a right winger tends to want to do as he/she pleases, while paying his way. The left winger wants to force everyone to do as he pleases, and pay for him to do it.
Old 05-19-2023, 12:51 PM

Default Vote

Just awaiting orders from Beijing before casting my ballot
Old 05-19-2023, 12:52 PM

I wonder what the percent of people that vote because they were told to vote and have no idea what they are doing, and just pick a person maybe because the way they look ,or they just heard some adds they liked or disliked.

My guess is 50 %
Are they doing more harm ?
Old 05-19-2023, 12:53 PM

Default voting hasn't mattered so far

It's who counts the votes
Old 05-19-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I wonder what the percent of people that vote because they were told to vote and have no idea what they are doing, and just pick a person maybe because the way they look ,or they just heard some adds they liked or disliked.

My guess is 50 %
I bet the portion who vote for a party without knowing anything about the platform or stance is even higher. I bet most just vote according to being told a party is good or bad enough times by those around them
Old 05-19-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
The difference being a right winger tends to want to do as he/she pleases, while paying his way. The left winger wants to force everyone to do as he pleases, and pay for him to do it.
Let’s not pretend the right winger doesn’t want to force the other to do as they wish just like the left.

Spiderweb is the correct one here.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:09 PM

I just think we are voting on who will be the next millionaire
Old 05-19-2023, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
It's who counts the votes
Give that man a cigar, and it goes right back to the beginning.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I bet the portion who vote for a party without knowing anything about the platform or stance is even higher. I bet most just vote according to being told a party is good or bad enough times by those around them
And some people don't vote based on party, but on who the best candidate for their riding might be...
Old 05-19-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlic View Post
And some people don't vote based on party, but on who the best candidate for their riding might be...
And that candidate may represent the party that is worst for the riding, so that candidate may not be able to help the riding in any way.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Voting does matter.
Not in the west it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post

My guess is 50 %
I'd say AT LEAST 50%. How else can you explain Zoolander not only getting elected, but also RE-elected, TWICE?!

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average voter.

I REALLY dig what's going on stateside with the southern boarder.

Texas and Arizona both are bussing all those ILLEGAL (not irregular, ILLEGAL) boarder jumpers to sanctuary states like Washington and New York, where they overwhelmingly vote Demo-RAT. Chicago is up in arms over this, HOW DARE we suffer from our own MORONIC decisions? I LOVE IT!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gxz9KP...YnVzc2luZyA%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhaie...YnVzc2luZyA%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtcPZ7...YnVzc2luZyA%3D

The best footage I've watched had Chicago folk blowing a fuse saying "what about us?" Only problem is they are the same folks that are looting and burning their city's to the ground and rarely contribute to society in any meaningful way.

These videos give me HUGE amounts of happiness, elections SHOULD have consequences, and these idiot sanctuary states are all finding out what exactly they voted for, open boarders. That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard, just let them all in all willy nilly. What's the worst that can happen? SURPRISE! Anyone with a half a brain could of saw this coming a mile away, but most aren't used to having to suffer any consequences for their terrible decisions, now they are and I LOVE IT!! What a beautiful thing thats happening down there.

What did they think would happen? Idiots..

Too bad we couldn't put all our "new guests", aka, ILLEGAL immigrants in Liberal strongholds.

They voted for that insanity, let them deal with it!

They are having the same issues down south with their new ungrateful guests, they are busting up and destroying the hotels they are being put up in and smearing you know what all over the walls. Nothing says thank you like destroying the room you have been graciously givin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75ty9m...hvdGVsIHJvb21z

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4OGYMnlogTo

They are even kicking veterans out to make way for these ILLEGAL Immigrants

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OaEO-d...hvdGVsIHJvb21z

I suspect this issue is going to become an explosive issue in no time. Chicago says this is costing them 20-25 million a month, and they are getting more bus loads of criminals by the day. They are putting them up in Times Square in New York City, $400 & $500 a night rooms for these law breaking folk.

Most people I know couldn't afford to stay at those places, but there they are, Illegals get to stay there, on the taxpayers dime. What a world we live in.

And Chicago just lost 4 of its 8 Walmart's due to theft and looting, another problem the left has created for itself. And they just got rid of their worst Mayor they've ever had, Beetlejuice just to elect an even farther left leaning dummy. They just jumped out of the pan & into the fire. That city has ZERO chance, within the next few years that city will be far worse than Oakland ever could be.

Being that 97% of them vote Liberal, I can't wait to watch it burn.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
Let’s not pretend the right winger doesn’t want to force the other to do as they wish just like the left.

Spiderweb is the correct one here.
Which bill did the conservatives pass to control the media, and ban free speech?

Which bills did the Conservatives pass to ban private property?

The liberals have passed C-11 to censor the media and free speech, C-21 to ban many firearms, and they outlawed the sale of vehicles that burn gasoline/diesel after 2035.
The ndp implemented mandatory government insurance in multiple provinces, and forced coal fired power plants go close down, and implemented a carbon tax to promote their green agenda.

The liberals/ndp don't just virtue signal, they force everyone to participate.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-19-2023 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2023, 04:01 PM
Banned

Here's my thought on the outcome of Alberta's election.

Notley gets at least a minority, and the opposition will back her.

Quote:
Which bill did the conservatives pass to control the media, and ban free speech?

Which bills did the Conservatives pass to ban private property?

The liberals have passed C-11 to censor the media and free speech, C-21 to ban many firearms, and they outlawed the sale of vehicles that burn gasoline/diesel after 2035.
The ndp implemented mandatory government insurance in multiple provinces, and forced coal fired power plants go close down, and implemented a carbon tax to promote their green agenda.

The liberals/ndp don't just virtue signal, they force everyone to participate.
How about the Red Queen and her carbon laws? She took away private property rights through surface carbon.

go back and read Harpers omnibus bills. read the anti-bullying bill. It'll shock you at what Harper did.

NONE of them are any good. There are no ndp, liberals, conservatives. There is only government and they don't give a squat about you.

For proof of that, watch the National Citizens inquiry on covid. Not one politician stood up through it all the last 3 years, they all followed the leader.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Here's my thought on the outcome of Alberta's election.

Notley gets at least a minority, and the opposition will back her.

How about the Red Queen and her carbon laws? She took away private property rights through surface carbon.

go back and read Harpers omnibus bills. read the anti-bullying bill. It'll shock you at what Harper did.

NONE of them are any good. There are no ndp, liberals, conservatives. There is only government and they don't give a squat about you.

For proof of that, watch the National Citizens inquiry on covid. Not one politician stood up through it all the last 3 years, they all followed the leader.
I hope you are wrong as I personally think the NDP is not a positive for Alberta or my personal lifestyle. Dealt with my fair share of NDP in B.C. no interest in anymore of their style of government But I don’t think the UCP would do amazing things either

I do agree with the rest of your points and the reality is all parties bring some negative to the table it’s more so trying to find who will have the least impact on your life
Old 05-19-2023, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
it’s more so trying to find who will have the least impact on your life
There you go, the most honest post in this thread. Who will take less away from you. That's politics. Vote them in and bitch for the next 4 years. "If you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain!".

I can only shake my head.

Well, they all took - you have nothing left to give.

Enjoy your vote. Do you think Trudeau was elected?
Old 05-19-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
There you go, the most honest post in this thread. Who will take less away from you. That's politics. Vote them in and bitch for the next 4 years. "If you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain!".

I can only shake my head.

Well, they all took - you have nothing left to give.

Enjoy your vote. Do you think Trudeau was elected?
I really hope not but I didn’t expect him to get in last go around

Trudeau gets in again I am gone no joke. I promised my wife we would stay in Canada till my mother in law passes(fatal cancer so time is limited) is the main reason I stuck around riding out his re election. The scary thing is he has been just as damaging as I thought he would be

Figure if I am going to deal with a crappy government that is going to take the country in a direction that is negative to my lifestyle I might as well be in a country with better weather
Old 05-19-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Man ... you've seen it all ... maybe you should throw your hat in ... you know what's best for us all ...
Old 05-19-2023, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
I really hope not but I didn’t expect him to get in last go around

Trudeau gets in again I am gone no joke. I promised my wife we would stay in Canada till my mother in law passes(fatal cancer so time is limited) is the main reason I stuck around riding out his re election. The scary thing is he has been just as damaging as I thought he would be

Figure if I am going to deal with a crappy government that is going to take the country in a direction that is negative to my lifestyle I might as well be in a country with better weather
Do people ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe it's time to stand up and fight for your country? 40 million ruled and regulated by 1000's.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Do people ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe it's time to stand up and fight for your country? 40 million ruled and regulated by 1000's.
Support it or not the results of the Freedom convoy in Ottawa(not the border blockades) showed peaceful protest is not going to make any ground. We will not see people support separation in Alberta because people fear the unknown. Voting it Canada is questionably effective when we are governed by a party that was not voted into power by majority of the public but instead because of seat distribution

Really the Canadian population is divided and extremely polarized in opposite directions when it comes to how they view this country’s future and there is no effort to seek middle ground

It’s kinda hard to get the public to stand up and fight for our country when there is no unity or cohesive vision or willings to even consider working together

I can admit I am no longer proud of Canada and my desire to fight for a country so divided seems futile.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
What’s the plan? When do we start?
Old 05-19-2023, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Support it or not the results of the Freedom convoy in Ottawa(not the border blockades) showed peaceful protest is not going to make any ground. We will not see people support separation in Alberta because people fear the unknown. Voting it Canada is questionably effective when we are governed by a party that was not voted into power by majority of the public but instead because of seat distribution

Really the Canadian population is divided and extremely polarized in opposite directions when it comes to how they view this country’s future and there is no effort to seek middle ground

It’s kinda hard to get the public to stand up and fight for our country when there is no unity or cohesive vision or willings to even consider working together

I can admit I am no longer proud of Canada and my desire to fight for a country so divided seems futile.
People have become scared of their government, and that my friend has allowed tyranny to take over. And it didn't happen yesterday.

When people finally wake up to the reality of what the last 3 years was about? That's what I'm waiting for. It's going to be beyond anger, beyond being mad. When the 5+ billion people that got that shot wake up?

There is going to be nowhere for these tyrants to hide. I'll refrain from saying what I really want to say.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
What’s the plan? When do we start?
Sawdust Caesar? Took people enough time but...