Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Coe

Default Anyone hunted hog/exotics with Savage Encounters?

Anyone out there been out on a hunt with this outfit? Just looking at maybe spending a couple days after some hogs or something........Just looking for some input, or any recomendations for places where a guy can get some winter withdrawls looked after! Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Craftyhunter

Default Craftyhunter

Craftyhunter has in the past showed some good pics of his hunts pm him .Good luck
Old 01-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Rackmastr

Default Re: Craftyhunter

Chad runs a hell of a good fun hunt for exotics...you'll not be disapointed and you can have a good time out there. A good top knotch place and highly reccommended...
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Coe

Default Savage

Appreciate the quick feedback, have some time off here to fill and figured what better way to spend it!?!? I will give him a call and see if we can make something work out. Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
varmitr

Default hogn

this fall we heard the locals talking about in the peace/fairveiw country they are getting a real population of feral boars. farmers are more than happy to let you on for free!!
its just a million miles to there from anywhere!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Craftyhunter

Default Re: hogn

If your going to Chads go with the bow only. Trust me it will be much more rewarding. Leave the gun at home.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Savage Encounters

Default Savage Encounters

Great place to hunt exotics...good cover...just stay away from the large 'feeder' in the enclosure.
A bunch of us took some Corsican's there last year and I just finished mounting them up...nice looking animals.
I used a gun, but as Crafty stated, a bow would be a good choice if you're into that.
We'll be back there later this year for sure.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Coe

Default Savage

Right on, well it just so happens I have a 1 month old new Hoyt Vectrix that is looking to get it's first notch into it! Appreciate the input from everyone here. Schedule is looking like it may not work out here for the next week, but I will share the pics when I get the opportunity up there!