Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-01-2023, 02:14 PM

Interesting that I came across a rebate for these e-bikes as well. Upto $1400.

This is in BC, but may also be rebates in Alberta?
Old 06-02-2023, 09:06 AM

You can look up via google Electric bike rebates across Canada. Not many times I agree with what BC is doing but they offer different rebate programs, and also making the purchase of an ebike tax exempt if certain qualifications are met.
Alberta is woefully behind in the rebate program it offers for Ebikes.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:02 AM

Yup, Alberta is behind in the EV rebates as well... I was looking into an EV just because of the amount of city commuting that I was doing at the time, and with the rebates being offered in Ontario, it made an electric VW (base model compact) comparable to the gasser that I was driving at the time. I wished the same incentives were available here.

Of course, not an option for me now, have a completely different driving pattern for my current job.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
Interesting that I came across a rebate for these e-bikes as well. Upto $1400.

This is in BC, but may also be rebates in Alberta?

https://bcebikerebates.ca/myrebate/

Rebate is scaled to income. If your Net Income is $51,131 or over your rebate is $350. The purchase price of the bike before taxes must be minimum $2,000.

The town of Banff offers a rebate for residents: https://banff.ca/701/Residential-Rebates

E-bike

Buy when you are ready. There is no funding limit or deadline
Receipts must be dated January 16, 2023 or later
Bikes must have operable pedals. Max power = 500 W
Used or refurbished e-bikes are not eligible, regardless of origin
Bicycles with a pre-tax purchase price over $5,000 are not eligible. Exceptions may be granted to residents with special needs, at the Town’s discretion.
Banff Resident: Lesser of 50% or $500
Banff Access Tier 2: Lesser of 50% or $750
Banff Access Tier 1: Lesser of 50% or $1000

Last edited by CNP; 06-02-2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2023, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
You can look up via google Electric bike rebates across Canada. Not many times I agree with what BC is doing but they offer different rebate programs, and also making the purchase of an ebike tax exempt if certain qualifications are met.
Alberta is woefully behind in the rebate program it offers for Ebikes.
I have to ask, why should the government rebate anything? Take from one tax payer and give to someone else. Tired of the social engineering.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-04-2023, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I have to ask, why should the government rebate anything? Take from one tax payer and give to someone else. Tired of the social engineering.
X2 and that goes for no licensing or insurance required as well.

Bit of an aside, son took me to super bike store yesterday that includes a multitude of E bikes, in the country just East of Linden. Not promoting the place, but no need to go to the big city. Cal's cycle.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-15-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I've got the same bike. I made some changes in the software that control power, power levels and max assisted speed. I'm running mine at 1,000 watts, reduced the power levels from 9 to 5 and changed the max assisted speed to 40 km/h. I've had it running at these settings for a couple years. Over 3,500 km on the bike and the only maintenance I've done was to change the rear tire........not a flat just went bald.
These e bikes are sure popular in CNP. I haven't seen one in the bush yet, but on the local paved path every day.
I could see them being useful for getting in and out of a tree stand spot quickly, or getting into a spot for first light.
Easier on the trails than a ohv.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colvert View Post
Motorized vehicles allow deep penetration into wildlife habitat. Those E-bikes are even more armful due to the lack of noise. They will eventually be classified as motorized. They should be banned where other ATVs access is already restricted.
I'll happily compete with e-biker hunters all day long. Just like horse hunters, they'll be too busy focusing on the ride to see the animals they pass!
Old 06-15-2023, 04:35 PM

I don't have a issue with ebikes out hunting, though I agree the Government is bound to ban them.
They can't get to where I can with my horses, they might be able to get to a good camp spot faster than you would by hiking, but from there you would have to hike up the mountain anyway.
But for the trail in, I can see a definite advantage.
They are not noisy, and they don't tear up the trails, so I don't have a issue with them at all.
I am not sure how you would charge there battery up when you are in the bush, but maybe you can pack a big enough solar pannel to charge it once it has been sitting for a few days.