Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2014, 04:53 PM

Kudos to all who stepped up and helped these folks out.

It is this forum that and some of its great members that are usually re-affirm my "faith in people" when things like the mainstream media are only spewing negativity. Again good job AO members for helping out, it makes me proud to be a member of this fine community.

Nikanit - I hope the DB's who took your Dad's money and never finished the job are caught and prosecuted. A nice throat punch would also suffice.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 01-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

Another AO success story......ya gotta love it!

Cudos to you fellas that took the time to help this gentleman.....Good Karma coming your way!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:28 PM

Default Thanks a bunch folks!

When my sister told me about what happened with my mother and stepfather, I was appalled. Unfortunately, I was unable to get out there right away. (I live in Calgary, and got smacked down with the flu) When she told me about the generosity of you folks, I was godsmacked!
I find nowadays, that this kind of concern for others is far too rare.
I registered with this forum just so I could thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I hope the elk roasts are enjoyed!
Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Thumbs up Well Done

Well done gents If I was still living in Red Deer I would have been there to help out.

A few years ago we had a good dump of snow on the island. While I was shovelling my driveway, my neighbour asked if I would shovel his driveway, and he would pay me for it.

I told him that I would shovel his driveway, but if he attempted to pay me, I would shovel all the snow back into his driveway To this day, when we get a dump of snow, I always shovel his driveway, and some of my older neighbours driveways as well.

Mr Conservation
Old 01-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Veterans Independence Program (VIP)

Please check it out! There may be other benefits that he is not aware of as well!

"The Veterans Independence Program (VIP) helps you remain independent and self-sufficient in your home and your community. Depending on your circumstances and health needs you may qualify for financial assistance to obtain services such as grounds maintenance; housekeeping; personal care; access to nutrition; health and support services provided by a health professional.

VIP does not replace other federal, provincial or municipal programs. Instead its role is to complement existing programs to help meet your needs."

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/servi...ndence-program
Good intel Dave but it does take time to process.
Be a good thing to get started for help this summer and next winter though.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:19 PM

Well done gents, always great to hear something positive posted
Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM

Hats off to you gents!! If your in west Edmonton PM me, I'll buy the beers.