Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
lethalconnection

Default Home made rod holder(pics)

So i found myself at work today with nothing to do so i decided to whip together some rod holders that wont tip over if a pig of a fish hooks on. I made it so that it can collapse so its easy storage and not awkward for transporting, i also added little spikes on the bottom so i can drive it right in to the ice, and i also re-enforced the pvc pipe with some metal so if a fish is pulling really hard the bar that the pvc is attached too doesnt start to bend or give in anyway so the rod does what its meant to do. Now all i want to go is coat it in a type of rubbery paint(like the black stuff they coat the bottom of vehicles with now in days) so it doesnt freeze to the ice or get ice build up on it as easily. But i will be testing them out tomorrow so im kind of excited to see them in action.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
ULTRAlite

Lookin good - did you loose a rod down the hole recently:x ?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:59 AM
lethalconnection

Yah it was the one you so rudely threw in the garbage you jerk:lol :lol :lol no when me and my buddy were out a while ago he almost lost my rod down the hole when a pike nailed it and ive been a little cautious lately so i just decided to make some good ones.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

those things look sweet.

I'd pay for something that solid.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:52 PM
lethalconnection

well my rods holders worked great today, caught some pike while using them and my buddy had their summer 6.5' rods in there and they were bent right over a few times and those rod holders didnt budge so im soo glade the test went well
Old 03-04-2007, 02:19 AM
bigbore

awesome stuff, sometimes the best things in life are homemade