Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-20-2013, 06:44 PM

Default Satan is in my outboard, Rock Island SLOWWWWW

Went up to Rock Island on Sunday. A few boats were out. STILL some snow in the ditches!!!!

A few FN's were using the SQUARE HOOK, otherwise, pretty quiet.

Right off the start, had to put new plugs in the 92 Johnson 120 that I bought last year as a Rebuild. 135 PSI on each cylinder, if she will start.

New plugs and we were off. Went up to the Rock island, southern one under water. Not a hit dead sticking a jig with minnow, jig with worm, etc. Went over to the river mouth. Marked fish, but again, no hits. Talked to the net guys from Slave Lake who where in a john boat with a jet. They were hitting spawning walleye in the net, and letting them go if they were still alive. Good for them. They did have an honest 25 ++ Pike, and some easy 8 - 9 whites, and I am talking true jumbos. they had some walleye that had died in the net, but not many. Water was still very cold, but VERY TEA STAINED.

Anyways, back to Satan and the outboard. Adjusting the low idle lever (red, behind the carbs) it would start and start easily. Then it would be hard to start and another adjustment and it would start easily. Got dropped off to get the truck and trailer, and left my son and two friends with SATAN, and they drifted out about 300 yards, with a motor that would not start. Borrowed a row boat, and was half way to them, and it started.

So, does anyone know a good shop to do a rebuild? I am really hoping to find a guy named DARREN, who used to run AQUA MARINE, here in the city. He moved to Nanimo to try and open a shop, and then I heard he came back to Edmonton.

Alternatively, are any of you Ordained Priests who have been trained to do Exorcisms??? I have a perfect candidate, or it could be a loose low speed jet and seat that needs a rebuild to fix it.

Drewski