Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-04-2018, 10:31 PM

Planting false evidence happens all the time when someone learns that they don't have a leg to stand on.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Banned

Jump online and ask the Western wheel to investigate this in the comment section. I think the story here is the BSbeing sprayed by this woman.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:24 AM

When a person has to falsify evidence to back up their mostly baseless paranoia, they should be held accountable for their lies. No wonder the person wanted to remain anonymous, who in their right mind would want to attach their name to such a blatant lie?

I realize The Western Wheel is not the pinnacle of investigative journalism, but my 9 year old would be able to spot the lack of logic in the utter fabrication that this woman is putting forth. Hand over the bullet lady.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:07 AM

This story has been put forward and getting attention because of the need to satisfy the opinions, social pressure, and no real evidence of a small group. These are the voices that are being heard and getting the attention. It really is scary that these are the types of stories that gets land use, laws changed to reflect what a squeaky wheel wants. I think there should be more consultation and evidence review and pushback from the groups like hunters and trappers to keep the lifestyle alive.
I don't disagree that there are people with guns that do shoot from and at the wrong places and targets. But lets see some real facts in the augment. Was it one instance or 22 instances?

for the media to show the bullet like that is just a way to tug at the heart strings of the public to gain support and that is working also.

OMG she found a bullet so close like that BOOHOO , but actually they reload themselves and placed it there for picture reasons. What is real and what gets attention.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Banned

That bullet is pristine and certainly has no rifling marks on it that I could see. Had it been shot out of a rifle, I doubt that there would fingerprints on it. I bet that there are fingerprints on it. In which case, the police could do a bit of forensic work and link it to whom put it there.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:22 AM

Respectfully contacting author and publisher.

kconrad@greatwest.onmicrosoft.com
mrockley@okotoks.greatwest.ca
Old 02-05-2018, 04:20 PM

Where would she find bare gravel and green grass with the cold weather and snow we have had?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:50 PM

Let me do the devils advocate thing,

If you zoom in there is a hint of rifling but the resolution is not good enough to tell for sure.

It is an FMJ and if it happens to be steel cored 7.62x39 that steel cored stuff is really tough.

Just to illustrate in my youth I worked at a gun shop (the good old days) and we got this thompson (converted to semi and yes it was sweet). For testing purposes we had a sand box that we could fire into. Well I used steel core ammo to test fire I fire two shots and I felt something hit my toe, I look down and I see a 45 slug spinning on the concrete by my foot. Sand is really tough on bullets the head blew through and it did not looked scratched.

A kid of mine has an SKS and that steel core ammo is nasty, we shot it down hill to a bottom of a coulee that was soft and wet , 3 shot 3 ricochets and we stopped. I would never shoot that stuff at an adhoc range.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
Let me do the devils advocate thing,

If you zoom in there is a hint of rifling but the resolution is not good enough to tell for sure.

It is an FMJ and if it happens to be steel cored 7.62x39 that steel cored stuff is really tough.

Just to illustrate in my youth I worked at a gun shop (the good old days) and we got this thompson (converted to semi and yes it was sweet). For testing purposes we had a sand box that we could fire into. Well I used steel core ammo to test fire I fire two shots and I felt something hit my toe, I look down and I see a 45 slug spinning on the concrete by my foot. Sand is really tough on bullets the head blew through and it did not looked scratched.

A kid of mine has an SKS and that steel core ammo is nasty, we shot it down hill to a bottom of a coulee that was soft and wet , 3 shot 3 ricochets and we stopped. I would never shoot that stuff at an adhoc range.
Great story. Does that bullet look like a FMJ 7.62x39 steel cored stuff by your supposedly "expert" account?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:46 PM

No Cathy I did not say I was an expert, just a devils advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1285...8SjjiVOueYhMF0
Old 02-05-2018, 07:08 PM

Just as the ecoterroists attacked ohv's; they are now turning towards hunters,
This is just the beginning.
Can't say you guys weren't warned by the ohv crowd
Old 02-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
Check this artical out. It was in our local paper foothills county. I’m not saying It couldn’t happen but I hope if this resident is lieing that they are charged. Bullet doesn’t have any visible evidence of being fired.

http://www.westernwheel.com/article/...tions-20180131
Odd
Old 02-05-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacisaac View Post
Impressive! You can't even see the teeth marks from where it was bitten and pulled out of the shell before she dropped it on the ground.
She had a bullet puller
Old 02-07-2018, 08:49 AM

Found this a few years back... any ideas as to what caliber it might be?

I was shooting the bow into a block and when I went to pull arrows noticed laying right there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56D7D7B1-E7F3-4549-87C9-74A072DDE068.jpg (18.9 KB, 41 views)