Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The same thickness???? Not quite.
I'm not sure about that -

Lund = .200 double plated hull to midship and .100 for balance of hull

Tracker = .100 troughout

I'm guessing the Tracker is even thinner on the sides as it is not specified ....the lund uses .080 for the sides ....... can't find any data on tracker but it was remarkably thin. I can tell you, there is a big difference. The lund will not defelect anywhere near that of the tracker. I'm sure there are some structural members in the Lund maybe - but just tesat it out yourself.

Use the same links, if you can't figure out where to find it I can post the info - just let me know.

I don't want to trash any boat - but I do want the OP and other reader to get FACTUAL information so they can make educted descisions. I hate to see good members become victims of clever marketing.

I appoligize if I've made you angry, just trying to present the facts.

Nope...im not angry. I really dont know why i bother with these threads, as mentioned they turn into a chevy,dodge, ford faithfulls.

Just find the 900 lbs capacity laughable. I see it is person weight and i still see max weight capacity as being 1650 and i see lund capacity as 1700. However you want to break it down is fine, but guessing its the same thing.

Also the material thickness, if a lund is twice the "thickness" i wonder where the added weight comes in as total approx weigth is showing the tracker almost 300 lbs heavier....hmmmm, must be some lead weight in the seats of a tracker, as everyone knows lund has the best and thickest hull, plywood flooring, carpets seats ever made
Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
finally somebody saying positive things on Evinrude e-tech outboards i own one since 08 i thought i was alone everyone i know has Mercs or Honda, just some thoughts the break in period is hammer down and bring it back in three years for a check and they are virtually smokeless , my checkup was a verbal the tech asked how much injection oil used i said almost three jugs of your best what about the lower end i said amsol synthetic marine 80 -90 every fall and new gas in spring still runs good he said may be plugs next year see ya these motors will automatically fog the cylinders down for the winter when you command them, the garden hose screws in a port at back for running in your drive way, you can,t get off the key fast enough they start so quick user friendly lots of power and they sip oil, a little more money maybe since Lund uses Merc cheaper combo deals i am sure i had to shop for my combo but i think its worth it if you marry this engine on any fishing rig you will be pleased thats it thanx for the rant everyone
If you are going two stroke - Evinrude BRP are the very best motors out there. There is simply no comparison.

Unfortunately if you match hp to hp and $ to $ a Evinrude is about $3000-$3500 more for a 115 Evinrude HO vs. a 125 Merc 2 stroke optimax.

That is the only drawback - but I guess If you are spending $30K on a decent fishing boat - it's money well spent.

I prefer the 2 strokes in smaller HP and the 4 strokes after about 115-125hp and up.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swath View Post
Hey Viper,

I heard that Sylvan is no longer building boats, just pontoons. You will need to buy a Smoker (same company)......FYI
Not in the market for a new boat yet, I looked at the Smokers and don't like them. They my have taken over Sylvan but they sure aren't the same.

Nothin wrong with Tracker my tracker 175 is 106" wide. Very roomy boat. Next one will be a river boat.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM

Default easy lift

i would suggest a boat that the wife can load and unload while you drink a cool one
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyesmith View Post
i would suggest a boat that the wife can load and unload while you drink a cool one
I'm pretty sure that's like looking to find a Unicorn. With my wife anyway.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Lund 1825 Rebel XL -Hull Design IPS
Freeboard Thickness 0.063"
Bottom Thickness 0.08"
Double-Plated Bow Thickness 0.16"
Min/Max Horsepower 75/125 HP
Min/Max Horsepower MPH (Approx.) 35/48 MPH
Package -1850 lbs (Sport)
Beam Width 85"
Chine Width 71"
Amidship Depth 33' 6"
Bow Depth 36' 6"
Transom Height 20"
Standard Boat Weight (lbs) 895 lbs
Maximum Persons 6
Capacity (lbs) 1525 lbs
Fuel Tank Capacity 19 gallons

Tracker Targa V-18
Length 19' 1''
Bottom width 88"
Max. recommended HP 150 HP
Package width 8' 6''
Fuel capacity 40 Gallons
Deadrise 20 Degrees
Beam 102"
Approx. weight 1730 Lbs.
Max. person capacity 6 Persons
Depth inside 28"
Hull material 0.100 5052 Marine Alloy
Transom height 23"
Max. weight capacity 1650 Lbs.
Max. person weight 900 Lbs.

Not that I have a dog in this fight but here is some copy paste from lund to tracker for comparison of apples to apples. I will let everyone draw there own conclusions.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM

Forgot a quick price comparison. Not sure on these dealers as far as price goes but closest I could find for comparison.

http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/c-cars...AdIdZ464379769

http://www.albertamarine.com/Page.as...-XL-Sport.aspx
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 PM

Default Purchase made.

Went to the boat show Friday and looked at pretty much all the boat there. At the end it was between the Lund Crossover and the Crestliner Super Hawk for me. Finally decided to go with the Super Hawk. After looking at both very closely i found them very similar in quality and built. Lund as a bit more storage but Crestliner has more interior space. But what did it in the end was the price. Both boats optioned the same were at about 5K difference. For the life of me i couldn't see the 5k premium on the Lund beside the name on the hull.

I ended up picking the Super Hawk 1750 with:

Eveinude Etec 135 HO
Icon Gauges
Full top
Pro seats
Aft jump seats
Ski tow bar
Hummingbird 386c
Terranova 80 ipilot

All for a great price, Thane from Free Spirit was awesome all along. I should mention that Corrie from Riverside Honda was very helpful on the Lund as well. Both are highly recommended for anybody boat shopping.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM

Congrats I'm sure you will enjoy your new boat. Have a great summer.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 PM

Great boat Ptemomo ..... you will be happy with that Crestliner and especially that High Output Evinrude.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM

Good choice man. Enjoy.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:32 PM

Now I'M jealous congrats!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 PM

Big update i guess. After having troubles with my dealer i cancelled the deal today. Good news is im picking up a Lund Crossover from Rainbow marine tomorrow. Jon and Udo were awesome. Really excited right now.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptemomo View Post
Big update i guess. After having troubles with my dealer i cancelled the deal today. Good news is im picking up a Lund Crossover from Rainbow marine tomorrow. Jon and Udo were awesome. Really excited right now.
You are going to love that boat too - great boat .......... congrats
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
finally somebody saying positive things on Evinrude e-tech outboards i own one since 08 i thought i was alone everyone i know has Mercs or Honda, just some thoughts the break in period is hammer down and bring it back in three years for a check and they are virtually smokeless , my checkup was a verbal the tech asked how much injection oil used i said almost three jugs of your best what about the lower end i said amsol synthetic marine 80 -90 every fall and new gas in spring still runs good he said may be plugs next year see ya these motors will automatically fog the cylinders down for the winter when you command them, the garden hose screws in a port at back for running in your drive way, you can,t get off the key fast enough they start so quick user friendly lots of power and they sip oil, a little more money maybe since Lund uses Merc cheaper combo deals i am sure i had to shop for my combo but i think its worth it if you marry this engine on any fishing rig you will be pleased thats it thanx for the rant everyone
Ive have an plder 2025 LUND with a New 250 E-Tech.She comes out of the hole in a blink, top end 55ish.Great combo, WOULD LOVE a NEW 2075 with 300 HO E-TECH "SHWING!!!"
Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Not sure why a Crestliner gets u wet but the fact is Brunswick Corporation owns Lund, Crestliner, Princecraft, Bayliner, Searay, Mercury, etc. etc.. The fact is Lund and Crestliner are now made in the same factory. Ps Brunswick still makes a great pool table as well a few bowling balls.
"Ptemomo". You won't go wrong with any product Brunswick builds. Check them out at
Www.brunswick.com.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 PM

Here"s the girl! Picked her up Saturday morning and drove straight to Slave Lake pumped to put her in the water. Only to find the lake and the river still full of ice Better luck next week i guess!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Here"s the girl! Picked her up Saturday morning and drove straight to Slave Lake pumped to put her in the water. Only to find the lake and the river still full of ice Better luck next week i guess!
NOW that is one pretty boat!! .LOve the color .I drool thinking of a 2075 with a 300 and that color.Be afraid to take it any where.You will love that boat and it is way smoother and dryer than anything else you were looking at.Have fun and be safe
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM

My dad just bought another new one got it outta nipawan sask, Lund with 200 outboard, just waiting to water test it then off to the 40 mile.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Beautiful boat! Good for you!