Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-30-2016, 11:42 AM

Default What happen ?

Is strange .

I post many firearms for sale , brand new one
because i buy a left stock of my friend store .
He close the store and make me a price for all firearms left in the backstore.
All new one .

i have about 30 member post me answer about it , i answer then .
Price are really low compare from a store .

many same very interested .. but i was just over buried under the Private message . and the next day nothing , no news from any of those guy wanted firearms so badly .

What happen , i can understand a couple can be just curious or not serious .... but more than 30 members ... it same impossible that are all not serious . first day i answer those guys from about 8 hours , finish to answer all of them around 3h am . and now nothing ..... Do someone know what happen .
Old 07-30-2016, 12:39 PM

I'd be interested in your magic 45-70
Old 07-30-2016, 01:05 PM

Is strange indeed.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:38 PM

Location?
Low feedback score?
QC registry?
Impending postal issues?

You name it.

Too many scammers from outta province these days.

I won't deal too far from home anymore, unless I know the guy or know someone who knows them.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-30-2016, 02:56 PM

Same here, if they can't text or call me 1 on 1 and come see what I'm selling, then too bad for them.

Local sales only for me, or it gose too consignment house too be gone.

Scammers, spammers every where in todays world of tech.

1 on 1 or your gone has been my motto for since the invention of the computer box, Ha.

If I have to reply, they can get hold of me by calling.

Pal Don.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:58 PM

* #123*****

*07-27-2016, 09:05 AM

Venom725*

for my self for a hunt at 600 to 800 yards , i choose the .45-70 gov't*
with a Marlin 1895 cowboy or a Sharps 1874 .*

A moose at 800 yards 4 year ago with Sharps Replica .*
500 gr bullet fly at 1965 fps out of the 32 inch barrel . with the Lyman Ladder peep sights . moose was down , he not make 10 feet he drop about 3 to 4 feet from where he was.

This probably doesn't help
Old 07-30-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPackHunter View Post

* #123*****

*07-27-2016, 09:05 AM

Venom725*

for my self for a hunt at 600 to 800 yards , i choose the .45-70 gov't*
with a Marlin 1895 cowboy or a Sharps 1874 .*

A moose at 800 yards 4 year ago with Sharps Replica .*
500 gr bullet fly at 1965 fps out of the 32 inch barrel . with the Lyman Ladder peep sights . moose was down , he not make 10 feet he drop about 3 to 4 feet from where he was.

This probably doesn't help
Coupled with a trader rating of only 1 and being from Quebec where scammers are common, and they still have the registry, I can understand why many people would shy away.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:51 PM

In quebec the registry are gone for long , but may return in 2018-2019 because the new gouvernement wanted it .

I sale many firearms out here but not one give me feedback .
maybe they don't know how to do it .

and I can't not understand why can be bad to tell have shot a Moose at 800 yards with .45-70 Sharps ..... Is commun thing with SHarp hunter .
Here i am rookie , Mr.Jacque Rioux from La tuque shoot at 1300 yards for 75 year old man without glass , Only with ladder sights , Sharps rifle are still today one of the most accurate rifle you can find .I don't wanted to pass to buy a ''king of shooter'' because i'm not . i'm poor shooter the most hunting was don't inside the 300 yards with my .45-70 , except for the sharps rifle the sight give just the good elevation to shoot to 500-1000 yards with a 500 grain .

My most salling is outside Quebec because poeple here not wanted to pay a dawn thing , they want all for free .

Outside i not have problem to find good buyer , fast paying . Here in quebec people are king to make us lost our time . Is bad but is true i don't like to sell here . And I never find scammer from here , maybe i'm lucky only one if find is B.C. , Edmonton and some other Province like that .

I always give proof . I many time give picture of the firearms with a paper with the name of the buyer at side , to know was real . I tell to ask me to do something that proof all is right . many add me on facebook and talk with me . for the year i'm here i probably sold more than 100 firearms . than i buy and resale or some i have trade .
Old 08-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Banned

I hope you resolve the issues. Good luck on future sales.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:08 PM

The most of my Customers if i can use the therm . Find helpfull my 12 year of firearms & gunsmith , shooting , reloading experience .

I do not try to brag even many seem to thought, I'm not like this, I continue to learn days after days. But I also know my knowledge with the big bore caliber, and here and several places we asks me advice on this kind of caliber, people looking for rare caliber know me and know that I may have or find this type of weapons. I'm not a store , I make that for hobby , is my passion .
in 12 year i have own more than 500 different firearms . Here in canada i was one of the first to have build and shoot smokeless .50-90 sharps loaded with modern powder , and the .45-100 sharps . 500 nitro express & 450 nitro express at they true potentiel .

Is just bad that people looking more the feedback .
Many good deal good firearms have been lost because of that .
For my self i never look the feedback score , i talk with guy ask for proof and when i'm sure i do business with .
Old 08-02-2016, 05:09 PM

I will ask when deal end to give feedback store on my services .
Old 08-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom725 View Post

and I can't not understand why can be bad to tell have shot a Moose at 800 yards with .45-70 Sharps ..... Is commun thing with SHarp hunter .
Here i am rookie , Mr.Jacque Rioux from La tuque shoot at 1300 yards for 75 year old man without glass , Only with ladder sights , Sharps rifle are still today one of the most accurate rifle you can find .I don't wanted to pass to buy a ''king of shooter'' because i'm not . i'm poor shooter the most hunting was don't inside the 300 yards with my .45-70 , except for the sharps rifle the sight give just the good elevation to shoot to 500-1000 yards with a 500 grain .

It's common to shoot moose at 800 yards with a Sharps? And an old guy did it at 1300 yards. Really?? Wow. Is your name Quigley? Just wondering......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
It's common to shoot moose at 800 yards with a Sharps? And an old guy did it at 1300 yards. Really?? Wow. Is your name Quigley? Just wondering......
Nah…..Quigley only shoots people
Old 08-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
The most of my Customers if i can use the therm . Find helpfull my 12 year of firearms & gunsmith , shooting , reloading experience .

I do not try to brag even many seem to thought, I'm not like this, I continue to learn days after days. But I also know my knowledge with the big bore caliber, and here and several places we asks me advice on this kind of caliber, people looking for rare caliber know me and know that I may have or find this type of weapons. I'm not a store , I make that for hobby , is my passion .
in 12 year i have own more than 500 different firearms . Here in canada i was one of the first to have build and shoot smokeless .50-90 sharps loaded with modern powder , and the .45-100 sharps . 500 nitro express & 450 nitro express at they true potentiel .

Is just bad that people looking more the feedback .
Many good deal good firearms have been lost because of that .
For my self i never look the feedback score , i talk with guy ask for proof and when i'm sure i do business with .
There are a few of us in this forum (and others ) that have far more than twelve years experience shooting black powder big bores at long range in hunting and competition and I can tell you without a doubt that an 800 yard shot with a moose with a BP cartridge rifle set up for long range shooting is anything but common be it with BP OR smokeless powder !
Cat
Old 08-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Is strange .

I post many firearms for sale , brand new one
because i buy a left stock of my friend store .
He close the store and make me a price for all firearms left in the backstore.
All new one .

i have about 30 member post me answer about it , i answer then .
Price are really low compare from a store .

many same very interested .. but i was just over buried under the Private message . and the next day nothing , no news from any of those guy wanted firearms so badly .

What happen , i can understand a couple can be just curious or not serious .... but more than 30 members ... it same impossible that are all not serious . first day i answer those guys from about 8 hours , finish to answer all of them around 3h am . and now nothing ..... Do someone know what happen .
Maybe if you posted a list of firearms you might garner more interest.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Maybe if you posted a list of firearms you might garner more interest.
Some of his guns have been sold on the exchange already
Cat
Old 08-02-2016, 07:36 PM

the Old guy Was Mr.Jacque Rioux , he win many cup in national shooting late 70-80 , with some other guy like the Legendary Louis Stratch '' pistol long range guy '' . Mr.Rioux style shoot at those distance . Mr.Gerard Proteau.
Their are all champion shooter from canadian Silhouette league . And style Today guy like Mr.Rioux And Mr.Stratch are hard to beat .

Mr.Rioux is open to show to anybody the way he shoot . because the first time i hear that i was like many ..... in my mind that can happen .

but i see him , i know what is capable to do . And if you look on the web you can find many other can do it .

Mr.Rioux sold me my first ladder sight .
If you look in history many shot too have been made , Billy Dixon shoot at 1300 yard with a 50-90 sharps blackpowder .

I don't tell is easy to do , 800 yards happen to me one time . is not a commun thing i do . like i say i shoot at 300 yards range maximum , the most of time . the .45-70 gov't have enough power to do it . Out of a 18 inch barrel 400 gr @ 2000 fps . i can tell at 300 yards still have lot of power down . I not tell is a straight shooting . is arch one , but with 500 grain .

Maybe some people here have to make some search about it before thinking is Impossible thing to do . The Pedersolie sharps come with creedmore sight s . and those sight can be buy , for Mid range 400-700 yards , medium range 800-1000 yards , long range at 1100-1300 fps , and extreme long range . some of those sight can match ballistic to accomodate the drop , with that kind of caliber , no scope match the ballistic over 300 yards shot . is why the ladder sight is made for .
Old 08-02-2016, 08:50 PM

Watched a show regarding the Sharps rifle and the new ones that Pedersoli makes. They have long range competitions and not a scope in sight!!!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:53 PM

Oh Jeepers Dixon was shooting at a GROUP of warriors and managed to hit one in the arm , he himself said it was a lucky shot.
Cat
Old 08-02-2016, 09:18 PM

for the 800 yards shot , i not make it offhand , i train to hit at this distance , i manage the place to shot , a i make all in my favors to hit that shot

all summer i train on 18 inch plate place at this distance on the opposite hills . cut all the tree around that spot , and in the fall i make all what i can to call and lure a Moose at this point . take 3 years to try before a Moose can it that spot , and Hi hit it .

but some competition shooter , have the eye better than my .

I'm not a sniper , is just try to hit that dawn spot couple time , know my sight have ajusted to do only that shot .
Old 08-02-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
for the 800 yards shot , i not make it offhand , i train to hit at this distance , i manage the place to shot , a i make all in my favors to hit that shot

all summer i train on 18 inch plate place at this distance on the opposite hills . cut all the tree around that spot , and in the fall i make all what i can to call and lure a Moose at this point . take 3 years to try before a Moose can it that spot , and Hi hit it .

but some competition shooter , have the eye better than my .

I'm not a sniper , is just try to hit that dawn spot couple time , know my sight have ajusted to do only that shot .
Would you happen to have a Huskemaw Blue Diamond scope on that shootin iron of yours?
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM

Hi use Leopold Ultimate slam 3-9x40 sabr reticle , is a slug scope but match my ballistic out of 300 yards with it .

and some manufacturer made specific scope to match .45-70 ballistic , but many have to by buy from usa . but is very good scope .

I take the slugger scope and same to work pretty well .

me 325 gr at 265 yards on deer last year . i will try to have closer encounter this year . because i aim the lung and shot little low to left take the shoulder .

My moose 800 yards shot i was lucky take the lung . He lif the front leg and go down on the rack spin in circle and fall . but is not something i will do again , i only wanted to try one time . And is a little too much of luck for me to shoot at this distance . but sharp rifle are just the finest rifle i ever use . I have own savage 338 lapua mag . And my favorite will always be the Sharps .

I think everyone have to try those rifle one time in is life .
Old 08-03-2016, 05:56 PM

I believe to achieve a 800 yards kill shot with a 45-70, that you would actually have to aim in the air, shoot the rifle towards a herd, and hope for the best, am I wrong?
Old 08-03-2016, 06:05 PM

Like I said
I'm interested in the magic stick
Old 08-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Here is a youtube video of a guy shooting Sharps in 45-70 long range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMZ4yTGl1Q
Old 08-03-2016, 06:37 PM

2 for five tries, wonder how big the steel is?
To put things in perspective, our DCRA long range black powder target is 8'X6' with a 48" aiming mark and a 24" bull.
Cat
Old 08-03-2016, 07:05 PM

I'm just as skeptical about what you've posted and I haven't even been shooting very long and usually listen and respect what people say...You're 800 yard kill seems tough to believe.

Doesn't take much to scare away buyers than saying something they wont believe, looks pretty sketchy man.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:32 PM

I only buy cash on sight. A person can't be too careful these days
Old 08-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Some of guy at who i sold firearms just say to me .
They try to leave me feedback and it same my account are blocked or like if was blocked , they can't give me feedback ....

So i don't know what happen , same they make that for unknown reason .
I know many not wanted to buy firearms from me because i not have feedback , but if Admin blocked the option for buyer to give me feedback ....

I think that not help me to have new feedback add to my account .
Old 08-15-2016, 10:47 PM

I have in hands a vintage Sharps rifle , in .50-140 sharps .
I not fire it for now , but is in shootable condition .
is a Original one , after christian sharps close the factory , Garrett Arms buy factory and start to make some Sharps on Garrett name . but quality of sharps still on that brand .