Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-10-2007, 10:09 PM

Default glenmore reservoir

Hello all, I'd like to take my 6 yr old daughter fishing on the reservoir. Can anyone point me to a likely spot? We went last year down by the boat club but didn't get any action. she's used to fishing northern Sask. so she's a little spoiled. The reservoir is so close though that I'd sure like to get her "hooked" on local fishing.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Default The reservoir

I haven't fished the reservoir for ages but I once did very well around the small island near the golf course. On foot you can access it from the Rowing Club (not the sailing club, with the launch), just head towards the direction of the dam and you won't miss it. Or you can cast off the point just south of the spill way. There used to be a great weed line along that shore.

If you have a boat, which you'll need to use muscle power to drive (no motors of any kind allowed) you can also hit the south shore on the way up to and into the Weasel Head. There are some good weed beds that should hold pike.

It won't be anything like N Sask but I hope this helps.

Remi
Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 PM

Hey CC! You must have read my mind! As I was stuck in traffic on the causeway this afternoon, I, for the thousandth time eyed that point! It looks great. I've never fished there yet, but one day will!

Can you use bait in there? I don't have the regs in front of me right now, and since I don't fish there, I'm not sure. If you can, send me a PM!

Tree
Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 AM

When I was a kid, we used to fish out at Weaselhed. Probably a good safe place for kids, since the banks didn't drop off as rapidly, as elsewhere. Lot's of mosquitos though, as I remember.
Grizz
Old 07-12-2007, 01:27 PM

I grew up on the south side of the reervoir, as a kid i use to fish regularily, lots of good spots along the south side i remember it being fairly weedy, as well if you park at 24th street and 90th ave and walk to the right you come to a point almost directly across from heritage park, the bank has been retained by chain link fence that make steps down into the water, i remember that spot fishing well, good luck to you, and bring some Off because the mosquitos were always bad, i remember there being lots of wasps as well.