Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-28-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 REM MAG View Post
i asked the question because i couldnt find my copy of the regs. I dont need to be scolded or told that im not a good hunter because i dont know what the minimum calibre is to hunt in alberta. The are no dumb or stupid questions only some that may or may not need an answer. in this case it would be better for someone to ask then to assume and be wrong is it not? Nobody needs to be belittled because they dont know the answer to a relatively simple question

Then say you cant find a copy of the regs, someone will undoubatably point you to a place where this information is harboured.
Heck nothing drives me up the bend faster than, I knew I saw it somewhere, and I'm sure it was here, but where the heck is it. that's quasy normal
I think the issues lies in how the question is asked, not why the question is asked. Just like how some relpies are conscrewed a terse or spiteful. The internet does not lend it's self to reading the tone or even body language of the person posting, and hence the confusion that some times ensues.
Sorry to ruffle some feathers, but once all the parties have hashed it out and the big picture is grasped it becomes clearer.
I suppose more detail could have been provided on both sided of this one.

There are no absolutes
Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 AM

I keep two magnums in my desk.
One is a gun that I keep loaded.
The other is a bottle of booze that keeps me loaded!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:17 AM
50BMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
there is nothing worse than not knowing something because you are scared to ask.
amen brother!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
sheephunter

I do understand what you are saying Dick. A lot of people on this board have no clue that Google and Yahoo exist. It likely takes longer to type their question than it would to search for the info they want. The ones about the regs do drive me nuts sometimes as well. More often than not it's sheer laziness that stops them from loooking themselves. On the other hand, I'd hate to dissuade anyone from asking a question just because it seems simple to some of us.