Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Default Lake Pend Oreille

Looking at renting a small little lakefront cabin this July on Lake Pend Oreille. Has anyone any info on what the fishing is like on that lake, we would be looking at a place on Bottle Bay, which is a few minutes from Sandpoint?

Thanks....
Old 05-26-2011, 11:57 AM

We are booked in for the first 8 nights of July this year right in that area of Sandpoint. Have no idea about the fishing my self. That was something i had planned to look in to but havent got around to it yet. But i will be checking back to this thread to see if there is any feedback.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 PM

That place has very very good bass fishing. I am not sure if there are trout in there or anything else. I think there is a bunch bass tournaments held on there.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM

there used to be huge gerrard rainbows in there.
never fished for them as we stayed at cocalalla lake
a few miles south.
i believe they fished them very deep though.
very, very, deep lake. they actually tested submarines in it many years ago.
nice country though.

orv.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 PM

I've driven through the area the last 4 years and it looks like a really neat place. I heard the same thing about the submarines the last time I was through there. Seems to be a fairly diverse fishery, some research suggests they are dealing with a kokanee collapse and actually paying people to harvest lakers and rainbows. Not sure how current the information I looked at was, but found that kinda interesting.....
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Default bottle bay

stayed at bottle bay a few years ago,rented a 14ft boat and explored the area.Theres a ton of fish in there, mainly perch and largemouth bass.Nice clear water you can see down a long ways had tons of perch and bass chasing the jig on every cast.There are some big bass in there but not real up on bass fishing tons of structure right in the bay, its a acool place to visit would go back there anytime.It will take you at least 30 mins to reach sandpoint as the lake road is very twisty and narrow beautiful scenery, hope you have a great holiday
Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 AM

Where did you rent the boat from? Looking to get a fishing boat, not really into the waterskiing and that sort of stuff....
Old 05-30-2011, 12:34 PM

fished it several times, excellent fishery. you are correct there was a bounty on lakers and rainbows to help replenish the kokanee population, not sure if its still on this year. not sure where bottle bay is but if your near sandpoint go upstream of the bridge and you should find lots of perch and bass
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Default bottle bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk View Post
Where did you rent the boat from? Looking to get a fishing boat, not really into the waterskiing and that sort of stuff....
rented the boat right at the resort, it was kinda of a turd leaky and old with a 10hrse but cheap enough and got us around for a couple afternoons
Old 06-01-2011, 10:55 PM

fished Garfield bay many times.....awesome lake