Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Default Crooked Lake Ice Fishing

I am new to the area and wld like to go from Fox Creek into Crooked Lake, but need directions. Anyword on how the fishing is this time of year
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Last I heard Crooked lake winter killed a few years ago. Check with F&W before you go.But if you care to try here is some help.

Take Bigstone south to Tony Tower road(KM17), Turn right stay on road until you cross Tony creek bridge and follow road to a Y-interesction and stay left. Go until you see a sign for a gas plant(3-5 KM) operated by CNRL crooked creek(at least that was what is was called last time I went) turn right, Follow it to the plant then go just a few kilometers past that. There is a left hand turn going into a cutblock. Hunter use this exit to camp at so should see signs of camps. If you see a lake in front of you you've gone too far (that's little crooked lake). Here is where it gets tricky the trail is rough and very soft - ATV's a good choice from here. The trail through the cut block will turn to your left when you start heading west and will take you to the lake. Lots of Muskeg the closer you get to the lake

Good Luck
Old 12-16-2008, 02:27 PM

Thank you very much for the information and directions. I will check with the local F&W, before I head in that direction.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 PM

Why Crooked lake? Very hard acces in winter and far away from main road.
Was fishing there last summer cought few pikes not that big, maybe winter kill. Water there is clean and would be good for ice fishing. If you end up going there a quad would be good and drive to narrows.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 AM

The lake is dead. Don't waste your time...