Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Banned

Lightbulb My name is ReconWilly(AKA Brian) and i'm a fish-a-holic...

Hey everyone, i've been doin some recon around these forums for a year or two now but haven't jumped in on any topics yet as i'm still somewhat of a "NOOB" on Alberta waters, only having moved back from the Lower Mainland in the last 4 plus years, i grew up Fishing the Fraser, the Veddar, the Capilano and various other Salmon rich waters as well as Trout fishing the local stocked ponds and lakes, when i lived and attended school in White Rock there were many after school days spent at the end of the pier fishing for Bullhead and Mud Sharks in between checking the Crab traps.
4 years ago i left BC behind and returned to the city where i was born 27 years earlier, i'm once again a VERY proud Calgarian!! Anyways i continue to be amazed at the incredible Trout fishing around, since returning i've also landed my 1st Walleye and many more, as well as my 1st Pike and many more!!
Anyways 1 day i'll get the photo posting down and put together a nice thread with my favorite photos(not many lately due to the fact my fishing buds are hundreds of miles away and 90% of my fishing is done solo lately) however i'll do my best with what i have.
I'd like to SINCERLLY thank all of the great AO members for sharing your adventures and pics you guys can really make a guys day!
A shout out to a few of my favorite posters: Chubbdarter i can relate to your generous nature and your charitable work is amazing and i hope you know what a difference someone like you can make, i'd love to fish and sponge knowledge from you some day.
BGSH and Fishhunter7, WOW you guys might just love fishing as much as me!? Your photos and youthful passion are inspiring! Keep it up! your well on your way!
Willowtrail your willingness to help put others on to fish is refreshing in a culture to full of secrets and people trying to hoard more than anyone will ever need, So cheers for standing out!! oh and congrats on that 1st Laker, i'm still a deprived "LAKER VIRGIN".
BeeGuy always posting thought provoking topics that get my brain some much needed exercise LOL, i believe we chatted once on Glenmore res, you were in a yellow canoe and i was on shore by the golf course trying to catch a big brown who was relentlessly teasing me, i'd like to hit the river with you sometime, i live across from Edworthy park, 10mins to your hood.
Wayne Christie, great name btw, your up there with BGSH and Fishhunter7 when it comes to your love of the game, i'd love to hang out on the shores of the lower Bow someday and catch one of everythin in there, never caught a Sauger, Mooneye, Goldeye or one of them Dinosaurs!!
Speckle, what could i have to say to such humble and helpful WORLD record holder, man would i love to pick that mind while spending a day on the water!!
FISHING GEEKS- NUFF SAID!! can't get enough of those bros!! Very informed and technically sound, huge props to you guys.
SORRY this is WAAAAAAAAAY longer than i intended, thanks AO and all of the incredible sponsors and mods for this awesome resource, and thanks to ALL the great contributors, obviously i couldn't thank everyone individually. My mame is ReconWilly(aka Brian) and i am a fish-a-holic.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 PM

welcome to the forum, you are welcome to come hang out in my neck of the woods anytime and cross a few species off your list.Lots of good people on this forum for sure and more knowledge than you could fit even in horsetraders trailer! better get to know him quick, hes hooked on those timeouts

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned

Smile

Thanks Wayne, i'll take you up on that offer after the great thaw, we'll get along real good.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Wayne is a top notch guy , Pretty good at fishing to . Anyway Ill keep this short and sweet , Welcome to the Forum Brian you will fit in no problem . Lots of great Info here .
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

Thanks John btw thats a frikin sweet ride you picked up!! very jealous,i would kill for a ride on that thing!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 PM

welcome to the forum Brian
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Talking

Welcome to the fray, Willy; keep your head down, cover your jewels & you should be OK!
After reading through your list of fave posters, I have a warning for ya: Be careful; even Jesus Himself was judged by the company he kept...
Kidding, of course; a couple of those guys are on my list, as well...
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 PM

Welcome to the Forum Brian

Thanks for the props. You'll have to hit up Spray lakes for some lakers and upper and lower Kananaskis for some Bulls.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Welcome.....some of us are just here to be the brunt of others jokes....like most of the guys you already mentioned

LC
Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Banned

Thanks Bob, WOW I can't believe you didn't make the list?!? Your up there too bud, please don't punish the entire AO ARMY because of me, you are a magician with that camera and apparently your not too bad with your stiks either !! Would love a private lesson or two from such a fine sportsman such as yourself.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

Thanks Walleyechaser, Willow and lefty, i like your vigilance in regard to protecting our resources Lefty bust them poachers (safely of course)
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 PM

Welcome to the AO forum.
Hey, I'm a laker Virgin too, I'm also a walleye through the ice virgin. I still can't figure that one out, maybe I was to busy catching trout
Dac

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 PM

Thumbs up

Welcome back ReconWilly .. see you have been taking notes as i have .. got to love this internet tool .. wow these young guys/gals will have a short learning curve and we should see more young Master Anglers than ever before.. would love to see your BC adventures when you have time to post some old pic,s

David
Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Thanks Bob, WOW I can't believe you didn't make the list?!? Your up there too bud, please don't punish the entire AO ARMY because of me, you are a magician with that camera and apparently your not too bad with your stiks either !! Would love a private lesson or two from such a fine sportsman such as yourself.
I really don't consider myself that good with my "stiks", Willy; but, by golly, I sure know how to fish for a compliment on the Interwebs...
Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 AM

you definitely want to get out fishing with old BobLoblaw, hes a nice guy, lets you catch 98% of the fish!
BTW Whiterock pier is one of my favourite places

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Hi Brian:

Welcome

As you can see we are all in different stages of recovery. Falling off the wagon is pretty standard here.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 AM

Welcome to the forum Brian. I've Fished with a few of the guys you mentioned they are great people and always willing to help.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

Default Thanks Beeguy!!

Beeguy was nice enough to pm me last night and we arranged to rendezvous at WaterBody X this morning, we arrived at 1st light and got into a bunch of Rockies right away!! Landed my 1st EVER fish through the ice!! A small Rocky but awesome none the less, i iced 4 in total including the biggest of the day!! 16inchs 1.25 pounds, decent! Between me, Beeguy and our buddy Tony 9 keepers were iced!! 8 Rockies and a nice 12 inch rainbow, a few misses and a few little guys released and a great Monday morning spent on the water errrr ICE was had by all. gotta love this place
Old 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned

Anytime RW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(109).jpg (97.1 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Welcome aboard brian.
And yes, i am also a avid fish-a-holic. lol. Id also love to see some of those BC pics when you get them up. Iv only caugh 2 chinook salmon in my life, my bro and i are planning a trip to terrance this year, were rookies at the whole river salmon thing so tips would be great. And same goes for you. im always willing to send a tip your way when you need. Im sure were gonna here alot of your adventures in the years to come. Cant wait.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Beeguy was nice enough to pm me last night and we arranged to rendezvous at WaterBody X this morning, we arrived at 1st light and got into a bunch of Rockies right away!! Landed my 1st EVER fish through the ice!! A small Rocky but awesome none the less, i iced 4 in total including the biggest of the day!! 16inchs 1.25 pounds, decent! Between me, Beeguy and our buddy Tony 9 keepers were iced!! 8 Rockies and a nice 12 inch rainbow, a few misses and a few little guys released and a great Monday morning spent on the water errrr ICE was had by all. gotta love this place
Welcome ReconWilly, great to meet another person here who also shares a passion for fishing! Your catch was the biggest of the day, there will be many more days like this.

Last edited by isoseeker; 03-20-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Banned

I'm jealous of that wild rainbow you nailed iso, however BIGGEST of the day always suits me fine...the few times i can actually boast that statistic....WOMP...womp.....wommmmp:sHa_sarcastic lol: It was awesome fishing with ya iso and we'll definitely get at it again.