Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 AM

Default Need HELP

To start off im a fairly novice shooter and new to bow tuning. Early this spring I got my DL corrected at the local pro shop and was feeling pretty comfortable with the bow. I was able to shoot a lot of arrows this spring and was starting to feel comfortable shooting from 60-65yds but I was noticing that the arrows were not comming out of the bow straight so after some online research I tried paper tuning and was able to in a few adjustments consistently shoot bullet holes in my paper. In paper tuning the bow I had moved my nocking point up the string so when I went outside to sight in again my peep sight was low as well as my kisser so I removed the kisser feeling as confident as ever in my form and moved my peep up to where it felt natural again. As I start sighting im having to increase my elevation to a point where I run out of elevation adjustment on the sight and started moving pins around, still to hit at 30yds I have to use my 40yd pin. Ive exhausted what little knowledge I have of bow tuning and in need of some sound advice. The only thing I can think of is maybe my string is finally worked in and may have stretched just enough to throw everything off as my peep did just start sliding up the string last week so I had to try it in.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2014, 09:40 AM

If you move your nock point 1/8...you will have to move Kisser and Peep also that 1/8 or your will be anchoring different and sights as you found out...will also be different...

Neil
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM

I removed my kisser completely then when I got the bow shooting bullet holes in the paper I moved my peep up to where I could comfortably see through it, I dont think the issue is so much my peep sight as it is I cant lower my sight enough to shoot the ranges I was before.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM

But if moved kisser up as far as nock point ...then bring peep to eye...sight should be much the same...you are most likely anchoring differently now with no kisser...peep is moved and so has sights...

Neil
Old 07-29-2014, 04:20 PM

You may be right going to go to the pro shop and have everything reset again as ive made to many changes ive got myself a little lost also might bring my sight in closer to my riser. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:36 PM

Can you adjust the mount for your sight? You may have to move the entire sight up, then start from scratch with your elevation adjustments and pin adjustments.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhunt11 View Post
You may be right going to go to the pro shop and have everything reset again as ive made to many changes ive got myself a little lost also might bring my sight in closer to my riser. Thanks for the input.
Actually the further a sight is from the riser the more clearer we can see the pins in our peripheral vision as we see the pins as we focus on the X of our target whether paper or critter...

as long as the sights dont impair hunting..like so long it gets hung up in the trees or doesnt fit in bow case your good to go...it wont effect your pin height issue...

Neil
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM

Thanks