Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-20-2016, 04:48 PM

Question Lethbridge area Burbot/Ling COD?

Any concensus on what lake in the general Lethbridge area has the better Burbot population/fishing?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Naming lake's on a busy public forum results in hundreds of extra anglers, it is a very bad idea if someone values the fishery. If you want to catch burbs, get out to the different reservoirs, fish at night in 5 - 30 feet of water, and you will eventually find a spot. Burbot are way too popular now, look what happened to Pine Coulee... When you find a spot, I recommend you keep it to yourself. It took me a very long time to figure them out down here, but they are around. Be safe out on the ice!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCutthroat View Post
Naming lake's on a busy public forum results in hundreds of extra anglers, it is a very bad idea if someone values the fishery. If you want to catch burbs, get out to the different reservoirs, fish at night in 5 - 30 feet of water, and you will eventually find a spot. Burbot are way too popular now, look what happened to Pine Coulee... When you find a spot, I recommend you keep it to yourself. It took me a very long time to figure them out down here, but they are around. Be safe out on the ice!
Like!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Being new to the Lethbridge area I'm trying to figure out which lake is best for burbs....I tried Keho and ridge this year with no burb luck....might try st marys next.If I still lived in Medicine hat id be at 40 mile or crawling valley ripping lips,but id prefer something closer to lethbridge.

I did however grow up in the crows nest pass and know all the best cutthroat holes through generations of family fishing all the local rivers and streams....but then again they aint much of a secret anymore like most fishing spots around here....
Old 01-20-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Good advise, and agree.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:27 PM

may be a bit early on the burbs.

Always had better luck in the second half of February and into march.