Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 AM

This was entertaining
Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnlh View Post
One more thought. If a biologist, or some one affiliated with them reads this, perhaps they could be kind enough to explain why, here in this thread. That way we all would be in the know.

Again, sorry for the venting/name calling. Unfortunately I'm unable edit the original post.
I garantee the people your directing this to , have read it.

You in fact arent likely to get a public reply....................might have something to do with starting a discussion with acussing them of being stupid
Old 07-28-2012, 12:27 PM

You in fact arent likely to get a public reply....................might have something to do with starting a discussion with acussing them of being stupid[/QUOTE]

Ah ha ha ha ha... I don't usually respond well when people accuse me of that either... This was an entertaining thread indeed.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM

interested in knowing if SRD has replied to any email inquiries about the netting?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnlh View Post
I ran my sonar over the entire lake twice as well. Fish population is way, way down from where it was before the netting.
I can understand your frustration not catching fish but your opinion is not based upon scientific fact. Not saying biologist don't ever make mistakes...but a sonar survey means squat.

You need to find out how many fish were caught, species composition and size before you belittle a professional group out to help us. Yes we can all disagree from time to time but based upon telling everyone carp are spreading like crazy and getting almost zero concern...netting a lake gets you negative responses...or so it seems.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronk View Post
A few years ago a couple of friends and I were starting to field dress an bull elk, when this CO rides up on a quad. The first thing out of her mouth "That's a nice moose you have there". My buddy responded by saying Oh Sh*t I put my elk tag on it. It was funny as hell, but pretty sad when the can't even tell the difference between and elk and a moose.
Was it a CO or someone over in the Solicitor General's department who now has the CO's doing highway work and lord knows some former prisoner transportation jockey in the woods?

The CO's a pretty good and know their stuff. Those other guys? Well, let's just say the jury is out o that.