Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-21-2015, 12:27 PM

I agree with ROA about the windshield onthe lund boats. I owned a tyee for a while and experienced the same problem. It had lots of room up front where i did not always need it and the back was always crowded. You also have a very good point about the different metals causing corrosion. I took my tyee out to the coast and could not believe what effect one week in the salt had.any place where there was contact between the aluminum and a dissimilar metal the paint started to blister.
I traded up to a welded boat with the forward located windshield and realize that after owning at least half a dozen boats, that i now have what is for me exactly what i need.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA View Post
Here's my take. If you are going to be worried about things like the 2 holes for a transducer why buy a light duty riveted boat with glue between the seams and a bunch of live well fittings through the hull? Seriously with my Lund the only thing that didn't leak was the transducer mounting screws. I had rivets, bulk heads, seams and hoses leak. Don't even think about pulling it up on a rocky shore or bumping the dock with the side it will dent up so easy you will be amazed. To thin and to soft of a grade of aluminum. Lund? Never again. They are light duty and not built to take the abuse of years of fishing, and this goes for pretty much all the other popular "consumer" level brands as well. Nothing but heavy gauge welded for me now days.

As for the 1650 Rebel specifically, the windshield is to far back, this gives to much room up front not enough behind. Also with the 60 it doesn't plane out worth a **** with 3 guys due to everyone sitting way to far back.

Probably lots of Lund fans on here, I was too until I owned one for quite a few years.
I agree....see countless 30+ year old lunds still fishing tournaments each season that just werent built to last