Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 11:46 PM

I would have smashed the window too ........
Old 08-14-2010, 12:07 AM

Imagine if you had smashed the window and that dog came out of it and attacked you. That would suck. Just trying to help the dog and you get bit and charged with break and enter. lmao
Old 08-14-2010, 07:34 AM

Maybe he didn't hear you the first time from the noise of him paying his banjo as you floated on by.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 AM

How did he know you were an Albertan? They can tell by the full set of teeth and your shoes on the correct feet .

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofficer View Post
Because albertans are nosey, that's what I would assume they meant. IMO, I wouldn't have done anything. I would have got his plate and called it in asap. Confronting ppl about retarded **** seems to be an albertan's way of life. Granted this is a life and death situation for a helpless animal, I would have probably also said something to him, admittedly.......maybe......

Honestly, there was no point in what you did though. Sad to say, but a careless dog owner is still a careless dog owner no matter what you tell him. Quite possibly a enraged careless dog owner after you mention his faults to his face. Which is not a good choice in the middle of nowhere when you're with your kids. Just sayin.....

Either you are a troll and are just saying this to get a rise outta people, which admittedly, I bit on. Or you are serious and have no idea WTF is right vs wrong. If I was out on the lake and had forgotten to crack a window for my dog, out of pure absentmindedness and excitement to get fishing, then I would be thrilled that someone made the time to come and find me in order to tell me. But that is just me, 99% of the people that are dog owners and by the sounds of it, almost everyone that has read this thread.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Either you are a troll and are just saying this to get a rise outta people, which admittedly, I bit on. Or you are serious and have no idea WTF is right vs wrong. If I was out on the lake and had forgotten to crack a window for my dog, out of pure absentmindedness and excitement to get fishing, then I would be thrilled that someone made the time to come and find me in order to tell me. But that is just me, 99% of the people that are dog owners and by the sounds of it, almost everyone that has read this thread.
Absolutely agree.I would add that I would feel so foolish for forgetting my dog I would not have had the nerve to leave a note.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:47 PM

good on you linton, people who treat mans best friend wrong deserve to get the sense knocked into them. all to often one hears of people putting cats in microwaves ect, its a little ridiculous and a smack upside the head should be justifiable under any animal mistreatment action.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Default I would have....

asked if that was their truck, and if it was their dog in there? After the reaction you got, I would have said his dog was convulsing in there.

Not all dogs are good in a boat, but if he had a kennel, why not throw the kennel in the boat/canoe for a trip on the lake.

No doubt in my mind he was being a smart ass. If he was trying to be kind, he could have left a note thanking you for your concern. That simply put it would have sent you a positive message. I'd have had a hard time knowing the dog was in there for 40 + min in sun on a 25+ day not breaking the window. He could sue me from that point. Also a good point that you had your kids with you and who knows how much this thing escalates if you do something drastic.

You are the type of person I would want for a neighbour. The whole epsiode kinda stinks.

Al things considered you handled it about as well as you could have.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:27 PM

I can relate to both sides, although leaving your dog in the vehicle while you go fishing seems pretty unkind to me, and leaving him crated with the windows up? Thats negative karma points.

While in BC I left my black lab in the car while I went to buy a loaf of bread. Hatchback Acura, he's free to roam the interior and the windows on both sides are down for him to easily stick his head in and out, but the sun is beating down nonetheless. So I'm directly in and out, and as I come though the doors I see this woman on a mission bustle over to the car and pop the interior lock. Well I'm parked right across from the Thriftys entrance so I'm there in 20 seconds and push the door closed with her arm through the window which scares the crap out of her but when she turns to me she starts in on keeping the dog in a locked car. Needless to say we had an intense discussion, her jumping up and down on me for animal cruelty and me pointing to my loaf of bread before finally getting ****ed that she should let my dog out in a parking lot. I don't think my Alberta plates helped one bit
Old 08-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
You don't get my post at all, actually. A good dog owner wouldn't forget about his dog in the truck regardless of how excited he was. And the fact that (according to the OP), the guy didn't leave till sometime around 40 minutes after he was told about the dog, I would say that proves my point even more. I was telling the OP why he got a note left on his windshield, and not bother with stupid people who leave their dogs in the car. Just call em in next time instead of playing games. If the reason you're angry with my post is because I told him to just call it in and leave the stupid dog owners to their own faults, I'm just going to assume you fall into this category.

Last edited by BrownBear416; 08-15-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Removed quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Default Note was dismissive.

The note was completely dismissive of the good Albertan’s concern. There was no gracious “thanks for the heads-up… thanks for your concern”. Nothing. Instead, the subtext is a big “F$%* You”! I would have smashed the window 99% for the poor dog & 1% for spite.

Last edited by Need More Fish'n time; 08-16-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Just because one guy in saskatchewan is an idiot doesnt mean they all are. Funny how fast this thread filled up with "YA BREAK HIS WINDOWS AND HIS FACE" and "ALBERTANS ARE THE ONLY DECENT PEOPLE LOL".
Old 08-16-2010, 12:04 PM

Default !!!

dude.
there are tonnes of a-holes.
worst thing you can do is involve yourself with them or listen to anything they have to say.
you did the right thing.
forget them.
karma comes.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM

Albertans are true canadians. Think about it, this province is just one big melting pot. Take a look around when you are working the next time and you'l realize that theres probably someone from every province there. Its the province where almost everyone has to interact together.

Just cause some ass wrote that doesnt mean he doesnt envy your constituton.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
I'm glad you tried to do something about it. People like that shouldn't have pets in the first place. I don't think being Albertan has anything to do with it, every person in the universe knows the difference between right and wrong. The note was excessive, and obviously provoking. You did the right thing, just as anyone should have done. Good job reporting him, Hopefully that dog gets a proper home.
x2!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 PM

Heh. Guys, there are two types of fools. The first takes offence when it isn't meant.

The second takes offence when it is meant.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You don't get my post at all, actually. A good dog owner wouldn't forget about his dog in the truck regardless of how excited he was. And the fact that (according to the OP), the guy didn't leave till sometime around 40 minutes after he was told about the dog, I would say that proves my point even more. I was telling the OP why he got a note left on his windshield, and not bother with stupid people who leave their dogs in the car. Just call em in next time instead of playing games. If the reason you're angry with my post is because I told him to just call it in and leave the stupid dog owners to their own faults, I'm just going to assume you fall into this category.
So by your logic, we are to assume that all pet owners who leave their animals in the car are stupid and that rather than try to save the dog,by finding the owner, dont waste our time and just call them in and hope that the dog is ok.

Your assumption was flat out wrong BTW.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Wow, you're still not getting it. I'll try to spell it out for you.

It did NOT matter what he said to that dog owner, the fact is, dog ended up being left in that hot truck after OP told him about the dog. So it didn't matter. As I said before, I would have told him about it too......call me a cynic if you will, but I'd rather have the ass charged for brutalizing his dog than deal with his ignorance. It's safe to assume when you see a dog in a hot car on a hot day, the dog yelping and whimpering, the guy obviously is way too ignorant to care what you have to say about it. Point is OP told the dog owner about his dog, the man obviously didn't care, so there was no point in even telling him. And next time to phone him in, rather than just telling him politely about his dog gasping for cool air. The end result was nothing but a bad taste in OP's mouth.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Wow, you're still not getting it. I'll try to spell it out for you.

It did NOT matter what he said to that dog owner, the fact is, dog ended up being left in that hot truck after OP told him about the dog. So it didn't matter. As I said before, I would have told him about it too......call me a cynic if you will, but I'd rather have the ass charged for brutalizing his dog than deal with his ignorance. It's safe to assume when you see a dog in a hot car on a hot day, the dog yelping and whimpering, the guy obviously is way too ignorant to care what you have to say about it. Point is OP told the dog owner about his dog, the man obviously didn't care, so there was no point in even telling him. And next time to phone him in, rather than just telling him politely about his dog gasping for cool air. The end result was nothing but a bad taste in OP's mouth.

Dude your a ing idiot seriously everytime you type something you sounds more and more retarted give it up no one takes your post seriously after your first post anyways. i think buddy did the right thing anyone that ignorant deserves a good f in paddle upside the head dont matter what province your in or you are from...