Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-27-2020, 11:02 PM

Default Henry 30-30 value?

Hey guys I've been debating about selling my Henry 30-30 with octogon barrel. Just wondering if someone would be able to give me a ball park value on what it may be worth? Or what a decent asking price would be?

I was really excited to get the gun but unfortunately due to life changes I've had it over a year now and I've never been able to use it. Its brand new never fired except for factory testing. Has the original box and all original papers and hammer lock that came with it. Also has a black cabelas soft case, cable lock, small ammo box, and a full (20) box of Federal Non Typical White Tail 170 Grain soft point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201026_195823.jpg (54.7 KB, 113 views)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:57 AM

Default value

Lately with Covid USA manufacturers of center fire lever rifles are now very hard to come by, you quite likely can get a $100 more than you paid for your rifle.....FS
Old 10-29-2020, 04:24 AM

Default difficult

To sell anything in this market.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Lately with Covid USA manufacturers of center fire lever rifles are now very hard to come by, you quite likely can get a $100 more than you paid for your rifle.....FS
All 5 local stores that sell guns are well stocked on Henry rifles....don't think they are in short supply just yet to command an above retail price....generally list for 60-80% if new cost. Personally most guys I know would not go above 80% on a used gun due to certain unknowns. Figure a price you would be happy to get and list it, the market will tell you if your too high
Old 10-29-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
All 5 local stores that sell guns are well stocked on Henry rifles....don't think they are in short supply just yet to command an above retail price....generally list for 60-80% if new cost. Personally most guys I know would not go above 80% on a used gun due to certain unknowns. Figure a price you would be happy to get and list it, the market will tell you if your too high
Shops in Edmonton are not well stocked with much product in Lever guns, fellow says his gun is new and unfired, I think. guys will pay what giuys want to pay, just cause your friends won't, don't mean every one will not
Old 10-29-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Shops in Edmonton are not well stocked with much product in Lever guns, fellow says his gun is new and unfired, I think. guys will pay what giuys want to pay, just cause your friends won't, don't mean every one will not
Easy pal. OP asked what to sell his gun for, I gave advice from personal experience. Would you pay full pop or over full pop for a used gun? Just asking
As I said in my post OP should start with what he would like to get out of it and make changes based on interest and what actual buyers are willing to pay. Unless your going to make him an offer.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Easy pal. OP asked what to sell his gun for, I gave advice from personal experience. Would you pay full pop or over full pop for a used gun? Just asking
As I said in my post OP should start with what he would like to get out of it and make changes based on interest and what actual buyers are willing to pay. Unless your going to make him an offer.
Edmonton stores are not well stocked with the Henry with octagonal barrel.
When I bought mine a year or so ago Cabela’s, P&D and others were all quoting a month for it.
If I was the OP I’d start high and if need be willing to come down...no need to start out lo-balling yourself.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:44 AM

Doesn't matter what you are selling, you can always come down, list it and put OBO or open to offers, then sell if you get what makes you happy

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
you and me have a difference of opinion