Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 PM

Arrow Alberta GPS Backroad Maps

Anyone know of anywhere to buy the backroad maps for GPS for less than $100? I found one for $150 at the fishin hole, just can't see myself paying that much when the paper copy is only $25.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFinch View Post
Anyone know of anywhere to buy the backroad maps for GPS for less than $100? I found one for $150 at the fishin hole, just can't see myself paying that much when the paper copy is only $25.
The Backroad GPS Maps are locked, so finding one less expensive is going to be difficult.

Bruce.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFinch View Post
The digital version (GPS) is much better then the paper back, you get more "roads" and information from it and you are never guessing where you are.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 PM

Ibycus topo is free but only available via torrent if your looking for a cheap solution, although I don't believe it has the level of detail Backroads has, but for the price i can't complain.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 PM

ya I feel you pain, bought agps with the backroads map last summer used it for hunting in bc and loved it,Moved to alberta and found out its only for bc backroads.....doh!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:41 AM

Thumbs down

I replaced my topo canada with back roads maps and was very disappointed. I'm going to reload the topo maps. The geo lines are way to coarse and the creek and drainages are not very accurate. If you just want to know what trail or road you are on I guess it's fine but if you want to know if you can get out of a box canyon or if a mountain side is to steep to climb before you actually get there it sucks.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:10 AM

Default ..

True it seems expensive, however, each paper version is $25 but with the digital copy you get all paper copies on one sd card. I have it for my Magellan and would pay twice what they charge for it after using it the last couple years. I'd recommend just paying the $150 or whatever it is, you won't be disappointed