Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Banned

Default Marijuana Question

Basically I would like to know if marijuana use is still illegal? I have been pretty well flat on my back for 7 days with a pinched nerve that makes standing or sitting extremely painful. After an ambulance trip from hell I got x-rays that tell me it's my lower spine and not a displayed hip. The doctor gave me some exercises to help loosen things up, but it is too painful to do more then some simple leg raises while lying in bed.
I am at my wits end. None of the muscle relaxants are helping with the pain. Then I thought how about smoking a joint? Not sure if it would help anyways, but if it lessens the agony so I could do some stretches or even let me dress myself I would gladly pay a ticket if I got caught. What I don't want is a criminal record. Right now I'm desperate enough to try anything that would help with this pain. Thanks for any input. I suppose I could apply for a doctors note but that might take months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Basically I would like to know if marijuana use is still illegal? I have been pretty well flat on my back for 7 days with a pinched nerve that makes standing or sitting extremely painful. After an ambulance trip from hell I got x-rays that tell me it's my lower spine and not a displayed hip. The doctor gave me some exercises to help loosen things up, but it is too painful to do more then some simple leg raises while lying in bed.
I am at my wits end. None of the muscle relaxants are helping with the pain. Then I thought how about smoking a joint? Not sure if it would help anyways, but if it lessens the agony so I could do some stretches or even let me dress myself I would gladly pay a ticket if I got caught. What I don't want is a criminal record. Right now I'm desperate enough to try anything that would help with this pain. Thanks for any input. I suppose I could apply for a doctors note but that might take months.

Why don't you ask your Dr.?
Old 01-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Banned

try this,hope it helps

http://www.livestrong.com/article/30...-affects-body/
Old 01-21-2017, 07:20 PM

Really?

Go see your MD, get the card, and get the elixer of relief.

Got a buddies FIL who uses extracts of some sort,,, he's a new man after years of low back agony.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-21-2017, 07:22 PM

I believe anything under an ounce is considered minor and you could get a ticket. If you are hurting that bad I would use it and see if it helps. My brother keeps some around for when he gets migraines and it's the only thing that helps him.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:25 PM

Try a chiropractor.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:26 PM

Google CBD Oil. Some people that have had to depend on morphine, percocets, or Oxycodone have weaned themselves off these highly addictive painkillers that come with a lot of side effects by using cbd oil...
Old 01-21-2017, 07:36 PM

x2 on chiropractor stumbled upon the best i'v been to in my life here in edmonton. my wife thought we were not going camping when the lower back went out .phoned who ever would take me. came back in 1/2 hr upright and ready to go wife's word were " holy crap" when i walked in the door.She is starting to go to him for the whiplash she got in a car accident, and would refer him too.PM me if you want his info damn miracle worker he is.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

At this time it is illegal regardless of the quantity.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/m...a/law-loi.html
Old 01-21-2017, 07:48 PM

Ask your Dr. for a "reefer"al to http://www.cannabisclinics.ca in Edmonton.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:51 PM

I used to have some pretty rude back pains and yeah, it does work. It enables you to get out and walk around much easier which i think is the main thing that heals the body, moving around, walking etc. Old people love pot I know some senoirs and they use it for arthritus, chronic pains, digestive problems, glaucoma and all sorts of stuff... gets them out moving around then they are happy
Old 01-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Banned

RELEAFED.COM order today have by Tuesday, keep the receipt and write it off. (Mail order ) very discreet
Old 01-21-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
At this time it is illegal regardless of the quantity.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/m...a/law-loi.html
Not exactly. It can be used medically
Cat
Old 01-21-2017, 07:59 PM

Waterninja I also followed your other thread and considered commenting then but I didn't.

A registered massage therapist who does deep tissue massage may be able to help you. I always considered massage therapy to be a waste of time. Ironically I ended up marrying a therapist. I've found it's extremely helpful for myself, with some work she's managed to mostly fix me up. Before massage there were days I could hardly get a shirt on because my shoulder hurt so bad. It still flares up sometimes but she can get it moving again. This type of massage does not feel good, there's nothing relaxing about it. Family members refer to it as "wife's house of pain".

She also turned me onto going to a chiropractor, they kind of go hand in hand. Your adjustments will move better if the muscles have been loosened up through massage.

I'm certainly no expert but that has been my experience.

As far as marijuana if it's something you think might help and would like to try talk to your doctor. I know it has helped one of my co-workers. I don't think you'd get a prescription all that quick so it may be worth the risk of using the black market.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon. I might as well pass on the advice she always gives me and I never listen to. Drink more water! Apparently coffee doesn't count either.

Last edited by Tfng; 01-21-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:15 PM

China Town always comes to mind for me when thinking alternative.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Banned

Default Marijuana Question

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have no qualms at all about seeing a physical therapist or a chiropractor. Problem is that at this point in time I cannot even shave, shower or get dressed. Hell, I can't even sit at my laptop to write a post and am using Tapatalk on my phone.
I can only hope things improve soon.

Last edited by waterninja; 01-21-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Banned

Hopefully you'll feel better soon. I'm certain that help has been offered to you through PMs...
Old 01-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Not exactly. It can be used medically
Cat
Yep, just ask the RCMP

https://news.vice.com/article/more-c...ical-marijuana
Old 01-21-2017, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post

Go see Dr Zimmerman in fort sask. the man works miracles.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Try a chiropractor.
X2, only thing that fixed my bad back. Physio sucked. 20 yrs later all good. Havent gone for a tune up in years.

Feel better soon Ninja, back pain sucks. Everything you do involves it. Been there.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Try a chiropractor.
Lol no. Even as a teenager it was widely known chiropractors were retarded. My wife is a high end lawyer with lots and lots ofgood friends in her firm that specialize medical malpractice and ive heard many many many times "whatever you do, do not go to chiropractor". Apparently an inordinate amount of work comes their way from chiropractors.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2017, 06:33 AM

I will also throw this out, though you may not be able to try it if you are in that bad of shape....but I got myself an inversion table about 15 years ago, and have basically dealt with all my (previous) chronic back pain with that. I rarely have back pain now, even after some hard days working (drywall finishing). Hanging upside down puts your back in a natural traction state, and you can slowly rotate and work the kinks out of your back without having a chiro 'adjust' it for you. I spent a lot of time with chiropractors (some good, some horrible!) between the age of 16 and 35, until a friend who is a chiropractor, told me to get an inversion table and use it. Haven't been to a chiro since. They really work, I've had a number of friends use mine, and go out and buy there own. For a few hundred bucks, it has saved me a world of pain and a lot of money.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-22-2017, 06:45 AM

If you have the means to get something without having to see a doc to get a prescription, do so. Just don't get on the internet talking about it. The law isn't going to suddenly come sweeping through your place looking for a few joints. They're more concerned about hard drugs, especially right now with the fentanyl crisis. They've got bigger fish to fry than an occasional user.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Broke my back many years ago, herniated discs, bulging disc, sciatic nerve etc so been there done it, up, down, all around even had a staff infection settle into my spine, discitis I believe they call it well in a nut shell all the meds etc just mask the pain, I found once I got to a state of mobility, last bout was a two year long process, learn to walk, nerve damage, numb right calf and big toe has not recovered but I stayed the course with proper training, working out, stretching to increase core strength, range of motion etc.
I will take the odd time a muscle relaxant if the muscles go into spasms because I pushed it but I also adjusted my lifestyle to not aggravate that area too bad.
Manage your back will be a life long process, there is no quick fix, frustrating you bet. I run 5km with no issues, if I push a 10km my lower back hurts, I do cross fit but eliminate some exercises because it will agrevate my back, my lifestyle is enjoyable by staying in shape, frustrating sometimes but manageable.
Good luck with this battle.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-22-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
Lol no. Even as a teenager it was widely known chiropractors were retarded. My wife is a high end lawyer with lots and lots ofgood friends in her firm that specialize medical malpractice and ive heard many many many times "whatever you do, do not go to chiropractor". Apparently an inordinate amount of work comes their way from chiropractors.

if it wasn't for a chiropractor I would still be in pain today
There are good ones and bad ones , same as doctors and lawyers for that matter
Old 01-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
I used to have some pretty rude back pains and yeah, it does work. It enables you to get out and walk around much easier which i think is the main thing that heals the body, moving around, walking etc. Old people love pot I know some senoirs and they use it for arthritus, chronic pains, digestive problems, glaucoma and all sorts of stuff... gets them out moving around then they are happy
One thing though, I have had a puff or two for agonizing lower back pain but that` ONLY when I`m not working(and ,yes, it really helps). I run loader and I can`t do my job stoned. I hate driving or even being driven when I`m stoned. Only 2 things I can do after a puff is watch T.V. or fish. Oh, wait, 3 things....I can COOK like a master. Chicken Cordon Blue, stuffed pork loin, venison roast with Yorkshire pudding and dark gravy, ...... Think I`ll go smoke a joint Sunday dinner coming up............
Old 01-22-2017, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
if it wasn't for a chiropractor I would still be in pain today
There are good ones and bad ones , same as doctors and lawyers for that matter
Same here Cat, I was working at fort sask and discovered Dr Zimmerman, the man is amazing, still looking for his equal in Calgary
Old 01-22-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post

That's a perspective that only ever hears about the negatives though, not the positives. I'd say it's pretty skewed. Perhaps they might keep seeing the same few bad chiropractors showing up, but never the good ones. Another factor is that many of the people who either have chronically bad backs or those who are hypochondriacs might be looking for scapegoats to cover some income for them; keep in mind that not all of the lawsuits against chiropractors would be from people who are actually injured.

I've gone to the hospital for back issues previously and they don't do a bloody thing about actually fixing the issue, "take this prescription and suffer until it's re-aligned itself" is all you'll get there. Go the a good chiropractor and get a few adjustments and you're back in business in a fraction of the time. I've been using the same one for 27 years, but generally only need in once every 2-3 years.

I'll echo the sentiments on the inversion table, I got one from Costco years ago and it speeds recovery. Personally I do some stretches while in it, it's also an interesting thing to learn to truly relax some of your muscles in order to get the benefit.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 01-22-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:06 AM

Without the medical cannibis card it would be still illegal, for now. I have a few friends that received their card reciently and described the process to me. They went to this website, http://naturalhealthservices.ca/, made an appointment online and meet with their doc for a half hour interview about what you need it for. After a few weeks you receive the card in the mail. You register with your local regulated cannibis grower. They send you a list of their strains and thc % for each. You order online or over the phone and a sealed package is shipped to your door. Your even allowed to grow a limited amount if that's your thing, 6 plants I think. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with the plant. Much better than popping pain pills IMO. Hope this helps and you find the relief you are looking for.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Same here Cat, I was working at fort sask and discovered Dr Zimmerman, the man is amazing, still looking for his equal in Calgary
Dr. Smith in Red Deer is phenominal!!