Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Banned

Nerves don't just pinch themselves, what is the cause of it? Do you have a herniated disc? Stenosis? Other? If you're not sure, I would definitely find a good chiropractor to at least look at the X-rays and find out for sure - doesn't mean you're going to get an adjustment.

I haven't found a med yet that really helps with serious sciatic pain - other than morphine or demoral induced coma. If the nerve really is pinched - and it's not inflammation, then anti-inflammatory likely isn't going to help.

If you've never tried marijuana before, I'd suggest trying a very small amount to see what the reaction is. Vast majority of people are ok, but the smallest amount will screw me up royally, puking etc.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Nerves don't just pinch themselves, what is the cause of it? Do you have a herniated disc? Stenosis? Other? If you're not sure, I would definitely find a good chiropractor to at least look at the X-rays and find out for sure - doesn't mean you're going to get an adjustment.

I haven't found a med yet that really helps with serious sciatic pain - other than morphine or demoral induced coma. If the nerve really is pinched - and it's not inflammation, then anti-inflammatory likely isn't going to help.

If you've never tried marijuana before, I'd suggest trying a very small amount to see what the reaction is. Vast majority of people are ok, but the smallest amount will screw me up royally, puking etc.
And different strains of marijuana work better on different ailments. Get a doc note. A buddy got one from a doc on kijiji and has no problem with getting the stuff delivered to his door.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have no qualms at all about seeing a physical therapist or a chiropractor. Problem is that at this point in time I cannot even shave, shower or get dressed. Hell, I can't even sit at my laptop to write a post and am using Tapatalk on my phone. I can only hope things improve soon.
Clear your PM box...
Old 01-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Banned

Can it be stressed related?

You had a rough past couple of months.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:37 AM

If you do get clearance for medical use, DON'T EVER MENION IT WHEN YOU CROSS THE BORDER. Legal here doesn't mean legal there. Legal in certain States doesn't mean legal Federally.