Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Is there even such thing as death rate based on frequency? I’ve honestly never heard of such a thing??? The death rate is your chance of death if you contract it as far as I knew? Anyway, you’re posting all these numbers but what do they pertain to? Alberta? Canada? North America?

To be totally honest with you, the death rate whether it’s based on frequency or not doesn’t really matter much to me right now with all the other stuff that’s going on but it’s fun to check into.
Kurt,

In statistics rate of frequency and rate per "X" (defined as sample group) are common and basic ways to statistically measure "rates".

Frequency Rate is probably the first thing you learn. Doesn't matter really anyways because all I was saying is, there isn't a way I can think of, in any way you can slice it, that even comes close to making the flu worse compared to Covid. It's just not.

Covid is pretty darn dangerous if you get it and you have underlying health conditions or you are one of those rare cases, as a healthy person, it latches onto you and kills you.

When anyone compares it to the flu in severity, they aren't really accepting the reality of it (or may not really understand or know) maybe - either way - it's nothing like the flu that way - it's way worse.

I was using US numbers - for my examples there. Canada is proportionate as is most of the world really .... in terms of death rates/infections

The frequency, of course, in the US is horrific - although they are no longer the worst - I think they are second worst in the world as they cowboy around, crowding each other in defiance with no masks yelling about what a hoax this is ........ I just shake my head when I see that stuff.

Last edited by EZM; 10-23-2020 at 10:15 PM.