Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Maybe you should listen to your wife
That's a terrible precedent to set.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The bottom line, is that this will never end, no matter how much the government gives, they will spend what they are given, and then will come back asking for more. And if they are given actual land, they will sell it and spend the money, and then come back for more. It's a never ending cycle.

And perhaps historians should research every piece of land in the world, and look at how much has been conquered, or sold, or that changed hands as the result of a treaty. The UN countries should start by compensating everyone that their people took land from throughout history, before concerning themselves with Canada.
The difference between Canada and the rest of the world is that Canadians will bend over and allow the opinions of bleeding heart social justice warriors all over the country and the rest of the world to dictate what happens to them, with the help of our distinguished leader. I'm not talking about our immediate neighbors, but that majority that elects our government.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
The difference between Canada and the rest of the world is that Canadians will bend over and allow the opinions of bleeding heart social justice warriors all over the country and the rest of the world to dictate what happens to them, with the help of our distinguished leader. I'm not talking about our immediate neighbors, but that majority that elects our government.
Pretty much. Go and ask the leaders from other countries about land they have annexed or conquered, and they will tell you to mind your own business.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Maybe you should listen to your wife
Lol, in all fairness, if I wouldn’t listen to her,,,,,, cheers lol
Old 11-23-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted canuck View Post
that's a terrible precedent to set.
i know, right !!!
Old 11-23-2020, 06:08 PM

Wonder how people would feel if we were conquered by China or Russia? Or lost WW2 and had Japan or Germany as rulers.

Most other places have been conquered many times with few if any original inhabitants remaining.

I wonder if it would matter depending on what side of the fence you were on?

Easy to try and justify our being here though.

Just sayin.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Wonder how people would feel if we were conquered by China or Russia? Or lost WW2 and had Japan or Germany as rulers.

Most other places have been conquered many times with few if any original inhabitants remaining.

Just sayin.
Absolutely.

I don't envy (and can relate) to the position of being powerless in a situation as a "subject" when you are under the governance of a foreign power on your native land with power over you.

It still is, fair or not, the way the world, nations, cultures and people have been assimilated.

The best position you (as a subject) can hope for is a equitable position within that new governance - it may never be "fair" but it should be equitable.

Is it that way today here in Canada? I'm not sure ........ it's a very complicated and sometimes ugly story ........ but I have to believe our indigenous nations have fared far better than most subjects.

It's a very tough discussion. I was born in, and lived under a regime and had to fight for my independence. Many of my friends and family were killed in our war of independence - it turned out good for us and we won our independence. We could not imagine living under those conditions any longer and we were willing to sacrifice everything to get out of that situation - so I am not speaking simply from a principled and opinionated position - I put my life on the line for this. I truly understand it.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
The Colonist "Invaders" are planning on bringing in 1.2 Million new people to these Traditional Lands over the next three years.

And yet FN Leaders won't say a thing publicly regarding Canada's Immigration plans....

If FNs want to play hardball negotiations, demand answers to hard questions.

Where do FNs stand on new Immigration to Canada?

Well said. We were just talking about this at work. Shouldn’t Canada consult with the Nations on immigration?
Same- why allow immigration to a cold climate from a hot climate. How dare you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 11-24-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post

Just sayin.
I know this much, we wouldn’t be talking about it on a public chat forum, “peacefully” protesting, or trying to challenge things in a court of law.

BECAUSE

Our conquerers simply wouldn’t have allowed it, then or now, and they sure as hell wouldn’t be throwing billions of dollars at it, wringing their hands wondering how to undo their wrongs, or offering tearful apologies.

In short, while I understand the point you’re trying to make, you’re comparing apples and orangoutangs in my opinion.