Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Now that's good online forum detective work right there...keep it up...might get a promotion.
Bat119 is now head forum detective!!!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-03-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Court documents obtained by Postmedia show Bilodeau has been ordered to stay away from two males who have the same last name as him. Police say they aren’t pursuing any other suspects at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.

The shooter had some other issues going
Could be for sure, well that's almost a given considering that it's very likely he shot two men dead over who knows what at this point.

But my thoughts are that the order has more to do with with the investigation. The authorities probably want to hear the story from both the accused and those involved in the initial altercation without the opportunity to get "the story straight" so to speak. Considering this wasn't reported right away it may be of no use.

In the end we won't know what happened for a while if ever but I'm sure a lot of people will be curious.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Banned

Uh if you look on the map you will see other people with the last name bilodeau
My guess is a father and brother or uncle
Old 04-03-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Bat119 is now head forum detective!!!
You made me spit out my meerschaum pipe

The plot thickens:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b63e06281b7e8d
Old 04-03-2020, 05:33 PM

That Huffington Post article is based on zero evidence. The argument being that it was definitely racial based because other people have experienced racism?

Last edited by sns2; 04-03-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
You made me spit out my meerschaum pipe

The plot thickens:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b63e06281b7e8d
I thought it was kind of biased
Then I read the name of the “journalist”
Old 04-03-2020, 05:44 PM

I also noted the name of the author.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:44 PM

i also noticed the name Katish on the land map, relative/partner to murdered victim, uncle cardinal, near the name of accused property.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:51 PM

These two were not hunting in the area where this took place. They had hunted earlier in the day by Seibert Lake and now apparently the Métis Nation is using a twisted story to further their cause?
Old 04-03-2020, 05:58 PM

Unless something credible comes up to support that article I am going to remain skeptical of claims and pulling the race card

It would be interesting to hear what locals to the area have to say about the article
Old 04-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Banned

Hate to say it but I think what happened here is probably pretty simple, the rural crime watch got out of control.

I have a really deep sympathy for what is happening to people in our rural communities lately crime wise. Nobody should have to put up with being a victim and have their livelihoods damaged without recourse. However when you decide to posse up with the boys and go handle it this type of thing is almost inevitable and now we’ve lost two innocent lives.

I hope I’m wrong about this but it doesn’t look good.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:05 PM

A little late but I just heard about this unfortunate incident today. I haven’t had much recent contact with Anthony(in custody)and his family but I know him and his immediate family from hunting trips we had in the past. Here’s a bit of general info to hopefully stifle the rumour mill a bit.
-the Huffington article above leans towards the altercation took place by Seibert Lake on Crown land. It didn’t, it happened on a rural range road surrounded by private and some grazing lease land.
-he’s a rural born/raised Caucasian hard working Albertan doing Oilfield/farming work for a living.
-as said already, rural crime in that area is rampant and RCMP response times(if they respond to a rural break in at all) are often extremely long. A lot of the rural residents look out for each other and keep an eye on each other’s properties and equipment.
-he comes from a close large family who were great people to hunt with, I always had a great time with them and they’d go above and beyond to lend a hand where needed.
- he has a young family himself, 3 families will never be the same from this incident.

As has been said already, let the future facts come as they are released out of respect for all the families and friends involved. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends involved in this tragic incident.....
Old 04-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkaren View Post
i also noticed the name Katish on the land map, relative/partner to murdered victim, uncle cardinal, near the name of accused property.
By the corner indicated on the map where the incident happened. Corrine Katish is Cardinal's partner could be where they were going to stay?
Old 04-03-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
By the corner indicated on the map where the incident happened. Corrine Katish is Cardinal's partner could be where they were going to stay?
For the record according to what I could find the wording is that the bodies were found near there not necessarily right there. My apologies if I worded the the subtext of that picture to give the impression that that is absolutely where it happened.

What you say might very well be valid but like most I have more questions than answers. I just don't think the media portraying this as two guys out fighting the good fight for their families is the whole story.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Unless something credible comes up to support that article I am going to remain skeptical of claims and pulling the race card

It would be interesting to hear what locals to the area have to say about the article
The Media loves to stir the pot whenever it can.

Grizz
Old 04-03-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram94 View Post
That Huffington Post article is based on zero evidence. The argument being that it was definitely racial based because other people have experienced racism?
Absolute click bait article, trying to stir it up because, victim of racism. Always got to play the card hard. There is so much race baiting in there it is sickening.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 04-03-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Banned

A smart journalist would know that Métis is not a race.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
There is a lot of people that are very strongly opposed to the ndp giving harvesting rights to Métis
Merely in the interest of not perpetuating misinformation, it should be pointed out that Metis harvesting rights were established long before NDP tenure in Alberta government.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Merely in the interest of not perpetuating misinformation, it should be pointed out that Metis harvesting rights were established long before NDP tenure in Alberta government.
Werent they taken away? And then the NDP gave them back?
Old 04-03-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
As far as I know, Métis rights stem from the Constitution Act of 1982 as applied by the Supreme Court of Canada.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
A smart journalist would know that Métis is not a race.
For sure, race is a confusing term.

Definitions I found include:

A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution.

A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of supposed physical or genetic traits shared by the group. Most biologists and anthropologists do not recognize race as a biologically valid classification, in part because there is more genetic variation within groups than between them.

A family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock.

A class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
if the land map means anything, i would think all involved probably knew each other.
i would guess, there is more to the story.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Read her other articles and the narrative she puts forward.

She is employed by Al Jazeera........anyone seeing the connection?
Old 04-03-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Werent they taken away? And then the NDP gave them back?
Negative. The policy about how their rights are recognized was updated, that’s all.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:46 PM

If I had to toss in a theory for a bet, I think its a Hatfield and McCoy scenario.

Men that hate each other and have hated each other for years, facing off, holding guns. Last man shows up half cocked, victims holding rifles twitch or move funny, shooter gets the feeling while already in fight or flight mode, hes about to get a gun pointed at him and fires first.

Everyone has a holy crap we messed up moment and bails.

I bet race, hunting rights or any of that sort of stuff is irrelevant in this case.

Old feud plus doing stupid things at stupid times with stupid people leads to tragedy. Thats my guess.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Yes, unfortunately, the media is trying to put their own spin on this incident, and we may never know the real motive for what actually happened, because unless the facts support the agenda of certain people, they won't tell us those facts.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Negative. The policy about how their rights are recognized was updated, that’s all.

But, were they not limited in their hunting areas, and by who exactly qualified to be Metis?

I don't know myself, but it sure seemed like they were handed more territory they could hunt 365 days per year, and there were lots applying for their newfound status that didn't qualify prior.

We're they not largely limited to land around settlements prior?

Whatever was then, and whatever is now, NOW is a joke and should be revoked.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The Media loves to stir the pot whenever it can.

Grizz
Stopped trusting what the media puts out long ago. It seems these days your trying to find a fact or two hidden in the BS pot stirring and agendas in the article

It’s sad really
Old 04-04-2020, 07:33 AM

The Huffington Post’s best example of racism was a local guy who was upset about his horses being shot threatening a licensed public land hunter during an open season. it’s a long stretch from that to shooting moose in March.

Gerry Burnie
Old 04-04-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
The Huffington Post’s best example of racism was a local guy who was upset about his horses being shot threatening a licensed public land hunter during an open season. it’s a long stretch from that to shooting moose in March.

I thought that was a stretch as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread