Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
That was alot of fun actually.

2 hours of white knuckling.

Good Game Tonight
Great. Awesome you enjoyed it and had a great time. Hoping we can get another 15 participants and we will likely always have enough for a game each evening.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-29-2020, 08:02 PM

Out early

However can post directions how to get into the games one you have the log in details

First log in to pokerstars
Then Maximize screen
Click on Bottom right home game icon
Click on join poker club
Fill in boxes with info provided earlier.

Simple...fast. Any problems let me know.

Looking forward to seeing more players. A few more every week.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-30-2020, 06:49 AM

I have to click the More..... icon on bottom right to see the Home Game option.
Was a good game last night,that dam river card!!
Old 03-30-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
I have to click the More..... icon on bottom right to see the Home Game option.
Was a good game last night,that dam river card!!
Awesome. Going to tweak the tourney tonight and add a rebut option.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:08 PM

Tonight’s game
20,000 chips
5 min blinds
2 re-buys

All set up and ready for registrations.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-30-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:16 PM

We have a new member. Play tonight and take his chips if you can.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:19 PM

I think I've got it sorted out now. Took me hours to get there, probably due to my laptop being dormant for a year. Not sure if you can verify if I'm in or not. Hope to see you at 7:00!
Old 03-30-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
We have a new member. Play tonight and take his chips if you can.
Me? Come get em' haha!
Old 03-30-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
I think I've got it sorted out now. Took me hours to get there, probably due to my laptop being dormant for a year. Not sure if you can verify if I'm in or not. Hope to see you at 7:00!
I accepted your request to join. Now you can see the play money tournaments and join.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:59 PM

Default Reminder about free chips

There are two buy ins allowed tonight. Remember to claim your free 15,000 chips every 4 hours if you are short chips.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:54 PM

Default crazy crazy

Man oh man was it ever nuts tonight. I got super lucky at the end with some lucky breaks.

Great time. Thanks all. New game listed.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:19 AM

FYI. We have 19 players now and growing. Good games. 10 players last night. Bloop...you did good on your first foray in to F&W Poker!

Thanks all for participating and helping us all pass some time fixated on cards...

Old 03-31-2020, 11:50 AM

I like the idea of an afternoon game as well,
Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
I like the idea of an afternoon game as well,
Any day of the week works best?
Old 03-31-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
FYI. We have 19 players now and growing. Good games. 10 players last night. Bloop...you did good on your first foray in to F&W Poker!

Thanks all for participating and helping us all pass some time fixated on cards...

Thanks. Got a little restless once the tables combined. Fake money sure makes it easier to make questionable decisions with. Sitting on 1.4million in fake money. Any way to shorten up the blinds or give out less to start with? The first half hour or so was nearly meaningless, unless a couple big hands clash. 15/30 blinds don't mean too much when you have 20,000. I'd be up for afternoon games as well. My 14 day isolation has just been extended.... I'd also be up for cash games, or games outside of this one for any interested. Same handle. bloopbloob
Old 03-31-2020, 01:04 PM

Props to Sundance for getting this going, I tried to get interest last year or the year before not sure which. But Sundance went out and set it all up before going for players, obviously a better strategy as his is up and running. Thank you for doing this.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-31-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Any day of the week works best?
right now … every day
Old 03-31-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Got a little restless once the tables combined. Fake money sure makes it easier to make questionable decisions with. Sitting on 1.4million in fake money. Any way to shorten up the blinds or give out less to start with? The first half hour or so was nearly meaningless, unless a couple big hands clash. 15/30 blinds don't mean too much when you have 20,000. I'd be up for afternoon games as well. My 14 day isolation has just been extended.... I'd also be up for cash games, or games outside of this one for any interested. Same handle. bloopbloob
I could set up a fake money ring game for folks to just play with no tourney structure. However tourney structures are fixed. I can shorten blinds however right now the games take about 2 hours. Shortening the blinds too much makes more rushes play but I can try. We did 10 min blinds. Last one was 5 min. Could try 3 min blinds. Doesn’t seem to make much difference to the play whether starting with 5000 or 10,000 or 20,000. Blinds start low for all. I like to spend the lower blinds to test how people are playing and challenge some all ins.

Cheers

Sun
Old 03-31-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Props to Sundance for getting this going, I tried to get interest last year or the year before not sure which. But Sundance went out and set it all up before going for players, obviously a better strategy as his is up and running. Thank you for doing this.
Thanks but the really cudos to players who make it fun
Old 03-31-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I could set up a fake money ring game for folks to just play with no tourney structure. However tourney structures are fixed. I can shorten blinds however right now the games take about 2 hours. Shortening the blinds too much makes more rushes play but I can try. We did 10 min blinds. Last one was 5 min. Could try 3 min blinds. Doesn’t seem to make much difference to the play whether starting with 5000 or 10,000 or 20,000. Blinds start low for all. I like to spend the lower blinds to test how people are playing and challenge some all ins.

Cheers

Sun
The real money tourney's I play start you at 1500, blinds start at 20 and go up every 10 min, there are ante's as well. Six player runs 50 to 90 minutes usually ends right around an hour. Playing a good player the final two can go 20 min. I find this is about equal to a full night of poker dealt at home, hand wise that is.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-31-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
The real money tourney's I play start you at 1500, blinds start at 20 and go up every 10 min, there are ante's as well. Six player runs 50 to 90 minutes usually ends right around an hour. Playing a good player the final two can go 20 min. I find this is about equal to a full night of poker dealt at home, hand wise that is.
I tried 5000 chips and some wanted more so it didn’t feel rushed. If people prefer one hour of play versus 2 hours I can tweak accordingly. If others want to reply that would be great. Again...not a problem to tweak or even change it up once and a while.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I tried 5000 chips and some wanted more so it didn’t feel rushed. If people prefer one hour of play versus 2 hours I can tweak accordingly. If others want to reply that would be great. Again...not a problem to tweak or even change it up once and a while.
Signed up again. Honestly, 2+ hrs is too long in my books. Start to lose the interest.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:

For me 2 hrs is fine, when it starts getting longer people fade. I cannot imagine the big tourny's days on end of 12 hrs, yikes.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-31-2020, 09:01 PM

I like it right around 2 hours - seems about right.

I also prefer no re-buy (but that's no big deal really)

Enjoyed it again tonight

BTW - Jerry gave me back the wrong tooth !!!!
Old 03-31-2020, 09:30 PM

Ok. Tweak the starting chips to 10k
No rebuys
3 min blinds.

See how fast the game goes.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Signed up again. Honestly, 2+ hrs is too long in my books. Start to lose the interest.
A friendly real money tourney is usually about 5 hours.

Competitive play money tourney about 2 hours is pretty common. The tweaks tomorrow may speed it up a bit.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:37 PM

Two hours is good Break - then another two hr game lol
Old 04-01-2020, 07:35 AM

Not a bad hand, 104k.

TBark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 147E2D88-A6D5-44F3-BAAD-E7E8634B8F45.jpg (20.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-01-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Not a bad hand, 104k.

TBark
Access info pm’d

directions how to get into the games one you have the log in details

First log in to pokerstars
Then Maximize screen
Click more on Bottom right then home game icon
Click on join poker club
Fill in boxes with info provided earlier.
I get notified then accept and you can then sign up

Simple...fast. Any problems let me know.

Looking forward to seeing more players. A few more every week.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
This seems to be my problem too. I start great and then pooof haha