Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
Their ramily and friends may be on this forum.
How about we show respect to them by not speculating and wait until the story is released?
very good point .
Old 03-31-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
From nobleford to glendon 1 way is roughly 600km. How can someone who is subsistence hunting and “low on cash” justify driving that far for meat. Call me crazy but that fuel money would buy a fair amount of food. Something seems very fishy.
post 41 explains the Nobleford thing.
Cat
Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Their ramily and friends may be on this forum.
How about we show respect to them by not speculating and wait until the story is released?
I agree with this totally. I have been waiting for any kinf of real information too.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-31-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Our farm isnt too far from there and its been broken into at least 10 times
Trucks driven through doors of barns
Trucks ripping doors off of shops
House cleaned out and destroyed

I dont know what I would do if i seen 2 guys in the middle of the night sneaking around where they shouldnt be, with rifles.

To me, this would have never happened if they took the rural crime epidemic seriously and actually punished the ones that were committing the crimes.
Time to get rid of the preferential treatment of certain groups of people. The wrong ones are paying the price for the revolving door judicial system
x2
Old 03-31-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
x2
x3

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-31-2020, 08:11 PM

Hunting Moose at the end of March.....hmmm....
Cows will be birthing in another month or so.

Got another question:

"RCMP are asking anyone with information or with dash-cam footage from the areas listed below between 8:00 p.m. March 27 and 4:00 a.m. March 28"

7:55 p.m.
Saturday, March 28, 2020 (MDT)
Sunset in Glendon, AB

And hopefully this thread doesn't get deleted because of some whining about asking some very valid questions after posting pure facts.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 03-31-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:35 PM

One can only speculate what may have transpired, regardless, sad and unnecessary series of events, compounded by life in general at this moment in time, thoughts and prayers with the loved ones.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 PM

I didn't directly know the younger man, but know several people who knew him and from what has been said he was a good guy. Sad situation all around, hope the RCMP can find those responsible.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Hunting Moose at the end of March.....hmmm....
Cows will be birthing in another month or so.

Got another question:

"RCMP are asking anyone with information or with dash-cam footage from the areas listed below between 8:00 p.m. March 27 and 4:00 a.m. March 28"

7:55 p.m.
Saturday, March 28, 2020 (MDT)
Sunset in Glendon, AB

And hopefully this thread doesn't get deleted because of some whining about asking some very valid questions after posting pure facts.

What if they were done hunting 2 hours before and just back to the truck? Nothing to say they were hunting at night. Have you never come back to your vehicle 30-60 minutes after dark? Could have put a moose down at 4pm and been hauling out meat for 2 hours.

Last edited by 270person; 03-31-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:03 PM

The guys shot the moose in the afternoon on land that they had permission to hunt on. By the time another nephew brought out a couple of quads and a trailer so the animal could be drug/hauled out of the bush and loaded up into one of the vehicles, it was after 8:00 pm. No one, except the person who shot them knows what happened from then on until they were found at 4:00am by a guy who was driving home to his residence after a late night out. I do not know if the moose expired on the property that the guys had permission to hunt on or if it wandered onto another persons property. These two men local people and are known and liked by many. As stated earlier, try having a little respect for the friends and family member that might and are reading your comments.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Their family and friends may be on this forum.

Agree! And Hope the murderers are caught and punished too.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:58 PM

My hope in these cases is always that the families would be comforted and justice would take its course wherever that would lead. We know next to nothing at this point.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
My hope in these cases is always that the families would be comforted and justice would take its course wherever that would lead. We know next to nothing at this point.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
x2 .
Old 04-01-2020, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
What if they were done hunting 2 hours before and just back to the truck? Nothing to say they were hunting at night. Have you never come back to your vehicle 30-60 minutes after dark? Could have put a moose down at 4pm and been hauling out meat for 2 hours.
Yes.....but I'm not generally hunting moose a month from calving time.

Your example shoot at 4;00pm and haul for 2 hours, still puts that at 6pm. Nice!!During a real hunting season.

The RCMP put the time between 8pm and 4am.....that a large window of time.
We got another post about timing, so lets see what they have to say.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleprock View Post
The guys shot the moose in the afternoon on land that they had permission to hunt on. By the time another nephew brought out a couple of quads and a trailer so the animal could be drug/hauled out of the bush and loaded up into one of the vehicles, it was after 8:00 pm. No one, except the person who shot them knows what happened from then on until they were found at 4:00am by a guy who was driving home to his residence after a late night out. I do not know if the moose expired on the property that the guys had permission to hunt on or if it wandered onto another persons property. These two men local people and are known and liked by many. As stated earlier, try having a little respect for the friends and family member that might and are reading your comments.
So now we know how the time lines of 8pm and 4am have been narrowed.

Seems strange that they did not follow the moose out to the hanging.

Every time that I shoot a moose, the moose is on my truck, in my trailer and worse case senario.....its on a buddy's truck and I'm with him. Then its....take moose home time.....hang moose/gut moose....skin moose....halve moose....quarter moose....package moose liver...package moose heart....wash up after long day....drink a beer....go to bed early cause tired with all that exertion. Never known anybody to do anything other than similar actions.

Based on your post that's either a vary narrow window for S to go down before they followed the moose home, or some facts are not disclosed.

I'll wait and see.....BUT hunting a SECOND moose at the end of March, a month before calving time....well there is no pass there Metis or not.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:56 AM

I’m sad for those affected. I hope we find out what happened.

Is it possible the people that drive around doing b&e did this?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:58 AM

Quote:

Every time that I shoot a moose, the moose is on my truck, in my trailer and worse case senario.....its on a buddy's truck and I'm with him. Then its....take moose home time.....hang moose/gut moose....skin moose....halve moose....quarter moose....package moose liver...package moose heart....wash up after long day....drink a beer....go to bed early cause tired with all that exertion. Never known anybody to do anything other than similar actions.

Based on your post that's either a vary narrow window for S to go down before they followed the moose home, or some facts are not disclosed.

I'll wait and see.....BUT hunting a SECOND moose at the end of March, a month before calving time....well there is no pass there Metis or not.
1. How do you know it was a cow moose?

2. If you shoot a pregnant moose in November or pregnant moose in March, same amount of moose die.

3. How many families do you feed when you shoot moose? Already stated the 1st moose was intended for his cousin's family.

4. So exactly what does..... well there is no pass there..... mean? You think they deserved to die for shooting 2 moose? I wouldn't headed to the Calgary area in January if I were you, you might run into someone shooting 2 elk.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Ohhh well.....came here for an update and yup...a squabble....go figure eh!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-01-2020, 07:15 AM

I am not a fan of FN hunting rights but if they were within their legal rights and on land they had permission this should not be a factor in this at all. Like I said I don’t like the laws that allow this but it’s no excuse for murder

Something took place two men died that is all we know
Old 04-01-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:

How about you just leave it alone for now.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:14 AM

Default Closed for now

OK. So I have tried to gently urge us not to take up arms on this, many have in fact, but some want to get into it toot sweet.

Look, I get it. All the mods get it. I will only speak for myself.

Just so you know, because some ignorant people accuse me (and other mods) of shutting down any threads whose topic is First Nations, I am...

1) Incredibly against current FN & Metis hunting legislation. I hate these laws because they are harmful to wildlife populations, and 99.9999% are not using "traditional" methods. But it's law.

2) I am against the Indian Act because it hobbles First Nations people to a subservient life, and perpetuates this broken system. Nothing will change unless this changes. It is a black hole with no oxygen for both First Nations people and for taxpayers.

3) I feel terribly for Canadians who live in rural Canada who literally live on the edge, afraid of what may happen when they go to bed, leave their property, or see a vehicle turn into their yard. Last year, myself and two forum members, literally had a farmer try and run us off the road, and then threaten to shoot us, all because we drove in his yard, and I went to his door to ask permission to hunt geese on his land. After I calmed him down to only a 5 alarm fire, he told us he had recently had a truck stolen. I get it.

Those who know me, know that I am anything but politically correct. I am rough around the edges.

But, I am also human. And, in this setting, I am tasked with keeping posts on AO out of the news, and keeping views that would reflect poorly upon the owner's business and those of the advertisers, off these pages.

If you think AO is a bastion of unfettered free speech, think again. And, if anyone doesn't like that, they are welcome to start their own website.

When we learn more about what happened, we will open this thread back up, but for now it is finished. All we know is that two guys out hunting lost their lives. A number on this forum know them, live near the scene, and I don't want their families to have to read inflammatory, unsensitive remarks.

When more comes out, send me a pm and we will see if we can open the thread back up.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:44 AM

Default Glendon Accused now named

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...s-denied-bail/
Old 04-02-2020, 10:48 AM

Well that is GOOD news!
Motive is what I am wondering about ....
Cat
Old 04-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Banned

What happened to the other thread? Would like to know motive before determine my thoughts on it. Need the full story
Old 04-02-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Well that is GOOD news!
Motive is what I am wondering about ....
Cat
Why is definitely what I am curious about
Old 04-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
What happened to the other thread? Would like to know motive before determine my thoughts on it. Need the full story
The other thread was closed
No one will ever know the full story only one side
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 AM

I could not see the name of the accused, I got a video window that I was unable to open.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
The other thread was closed
No one will ever know the full story only one side
But it was flat out deleted. I don’t like when that happens, you can’t see what information others have provided after your final comment. There is a lot of suspicious acts in this story. Will be nice when everything gets cleared up
Old 04-02-2020, 10:54 AM

Yes, that is good news.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger CS View Post
I could not see the name of the accused, I got a video window that I was unable to open.
Anthony Bilodeau
Closed Thread