Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 AM

Default EPS officer shot at

Quote:
Cops are on the hunt for a man they say unleashed gunfire on an officer during a traffic stop Sunday night.

Police say around 9 p.m. two officers were conducting a routine traffic stop in the area of 100 Avenue and 158 Street.

When one of the officers exited the patrol car, he was allegedly shot at by the male driver inside of the vehicle, said police in a release.

The officer discharged his firearm at the vehicle as it sped away from the scene.

Both officers are uninjured, but police are unsure if the male suspect, or the female passenger were struck by any bullets.

The gunfire shook the quiet neighbourhood, and one man said it sounded like "rapid fire."

The neighbour, who wanted to only be known as Garrett, was working on his computer when he heard the shots.

"It sounded like one right after the other, rap, rap rap," he said. "It's really surprising."

Police are searching for an older model light blue Toyota 4-Runner with licence plate BHJ 7486.

The vehicle will have a shattered back window.

The male suspect is described as a Caucasian, about 25 years old, with spiky hair.
Anyone with information is urged to call Edmonton Police or CrimeStoppers.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/12/2...-west-end-road

How stupid/desperate/drug addled do you have to be to shoot at a cop? Especially after they have you stopped and have called your info in?

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

Last edited by Rod1960; 12-24-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 AM

Could have been a stolen car or plate... Info on plate and car might be less helpful than one might think.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:33 AM

Odd license number. What's with the four numerals? Should be only three. Hmmm, Strange.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Odd license number. What's with the four numerals? Should be only three. Hmmm, Strange.
New issue plates in Alberta have 4 numbers.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 12-24-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof5 View Post
Could have been a stolen car or plate... Info on plate and car might be less helpful than one might think.
True....but still.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 AM

ok, didn't know that
Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof5 View Post
Could have been a stolen car or plate...
You'd think so if you're gonna shoot at a cop.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Gone Hunting

Good thing the cops could shoot back. Glad they are ok.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 AM

If guns were banned, this could have never happened......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Would have been unfortunate if the cops had nothing to shoot back with alright.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 AM

I really really hate to hear stories like this one...but happy that a cop that was shot at will still be able to go home to his family,the bad guys just don't play fair and this could have turned out very bad for that officer in a hurry..i hope they catch the scumbags and all officers involved get to go home for Christmas...everytime i hear of things like this happening in the city makes me a happy fella that i live out in the bush.
The Police seem to have to put their lives on the line more and more with each passing year...I for one am thankful that i don't have a job where stupid people could be shooting at me during my shift...I am giving a big shout out to all those people who put their lives at risk for the rest of us during the course of their work...Thank-You for being Brave enough to have our backs...Merry Christmas,and please be careful out there.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-24-2012, 08:03 AM

Thankfully the offender (I'll not bother using the term 'suspect ') in this incident was a pizz poor shot and we didn't wind up with a dead or wounded cop for Christmas. I hope he was ventilated by the return fire and bleeds out in whatever crappy basement apartment he calls home.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
My thoughts as well, the guy on the computer would have never heard themif they were throwing knives, or sword fighting. That would be awesome to see.
PG
Old 12-24-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabertosser View Post
thankfully the offender (i'll not bother using the term 'suspect ') in this incident was a pizz poor shot and we didn't wind up with a dead or wounded cop for christmas. I hope he was ventilated by the return fire and bleeds out in whatever crappy basement apartment he calls home.
x5 ct, x 5
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM

CTV just reported the vehicle was found a short distance from the crime scene but the suspects are still at large.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1960 View Post
CTV just reported the vehicle was found a short distance from the crime scene but the suspects are still at large.
Now there's a surprise.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1960 View Post
I'm shocked. Some criminal who shot at police was smart enough to ditch a stolen vehicle after he evaded them? What next? He wiped it down for fingerprints?? CSI is gonna be so screwed.

Now, a law abiding gun owner would have turned himself in, right after stealing the vehicle and shooting at a cop. Wait a minute.......nevermind.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Probably a good idea HS.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM

"routine" traffic stop?? There isn't such a thing....
Old 12-24-2012, 06:44 PM

They said the vehicle was not stolen. I don't get it. If it wasn't stolen, then wouldn't the registered owner be able to provide a clue as to the identity of the driver. The blue Toyota 4Runner was recovered near the scene several hours later. The police say they still don't know the identity of the driver/shooter. The 4 police officers at the scene didn't pursue the SUV. Strange story.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Strange story.

Yep.

At least we now have a pretty good idea of how far 'Landslide Annie' as fallen to........
Old 12-26-2012, 12:34 PM

Default Caught the Dirtbag

The RCMP and EPS caught this piece of scum out in Redwater. It sounded like more shots were fired.

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/News/Me...nRedwater.aspx

22 year old male in custody. Sure glad this piece of shyte is off the street. Good job officers!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
The RCMP and EPS caught this piece of scum out in Redwater. It sounded like more shots were fired.

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/News/Me...nRedwater.aspx

22 year old male in custody. Sure glad this piece of shyte is off the street. Good job officers!
Should have done the same to him as the bank robber a couple weeks ago.

I am sure this kid's family will be on the news saying their son was a good kid too. He never meant to hurt anyone just like the armed bank robber.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Banned

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/man-accused...004204405.html

EDMONTON - A man accused of shooting at Edmonton police and holding RCMP at bay in a rural motel faces 31 criminal charges, with more pending.

Police say things went wrong Sunday night during a routine traffic stop in Edmonton when the driver of an SUV fired a shot at officers before speeding off.

Edmonton police say they found a suspect on Christmas Day at a motel in Redwater, a rural community north of the capital.

Police say when more shots were fired an RCMP tactical team surrounded the motel and arrested a man after a seven-hour standoff.

Patrick Young, 22, faces aggravated assault on a police officer and 30 other charges, including firearms offences.

Police say RCMP are to lay additional charges.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

Well, the police had a good place to prepare their assault on this waste of skin who holed up in Redwater. The Motel was almost right across the street from the Redwater RCMP police station. Honest.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM

Default Scum

Im sure if they would have checked his gun would have been registered lol