Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swforge View Post
Just what wars are you talking about when you claim they were based on greed. Go ahead, name all of them you refer to... if you can. Was it WW1 or WW11. How about the Korean war? Vietnam ?
I can pretty much guess you never served your country or you wouldnt make such ignorant statements.
Last words for awhile....
Your right, I haven't served my country but know plenty who have. Both Canadian and American. From WWII to Vietnam to the Gulf War.
Some killed, some orphaned, one commited suicide, one ran away to Alaska, one was brought up on murder charges (he was a Canadian sniper) etc....
I won't get into their personal experiences or beliefs.....but it sure left an impact on me.
Peace on Earth bro's

Last edited by MtnGiant; 12-26-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I laugh at your statement that you do not tell the world you are the best. Why? Because I've seen numerous posts on this forum from you specifically that indicate you think your better anyone down south. You are no different than the nation you continually criticize because of the generalizations you make.. Your track record on anything that even remotely begins to compare Canada to the US shows that.

Having lived in both countries I can honestly say, Americans don't give a rip about compairing themselves to Canadians. Yet whenever I talk to Canadians they are always saying how arrogant the US and how good Canada is? But when someone down south says they are proud of their country you call it being arrogant? Congrats for being proud of your country but why don't you compare yourself to a different country for a change?

anyways I've wasted enough of my time in this reponse.
How is New Orleans coming , cold lakes fine thanks almost back to normal. Oh see how we are different . And please point out the errors in my prior post I am more then willing to retract any falsehoods , one man's opinion is no attack or anti anything just the observations of a guy with two passports, three landed emigration certificates and a life time US visa. Imhe.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM

IMHO, CanuckShooter's post #19 is still best!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Paging Keg, Huntinstuff, Kannon, Bigbore.......Time to put all the kiddies to bed!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
Saskatoon, Edmonton, and Winnipeg come to mind. Each city has a problem with crime. Each city has a high rate of violent crime per capita then most other places. Both Saskatoon and Regina consistently have violent crime rates that would place them among the 10 most violent cities in the US, and often individually exceed larger US centres in terms of total numbers for Aggravated Assaults and Robbery.
Based on my simple research over the years, you're probably quite correct there.

A few years ago I did some digging and Nova Scotia had the highest crime rate of any Province and any State in the U.S. Only DC was higher and it's not a State so didn't really count. Seemed like word got around because the last couple yrs., it looks like the definition of what is and is not "violent" changed for Nova Scotia. Maybe for all of us....wouldn't surprise me.

We don't like to hang out any dirty laundry up here in the Great White North.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
How is New Orleans coming , cold lakes fine thanks almost back to normal. Oh see how we are different . And please point out the errors in my prior post I am more then willing to retract any falsehoods , one man's opinion is no attack or anti anything just the observations of a guy with two passports, three landed emigration certificates and a life time US visa. Imhe.
Why do you need two passports? Are you confused about which country yourloyalties lie with? I don't think this should be permitted by law...if your Canadian be Canadian quit carrying two passports so you can have the benefits of dual citizenship.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Why do you need two passports? Are you confused about which country yourloyalties lie with? I don't think this should be permitted by law...if your Canadian be Canadian quit carrying two passports so you can have the benefits of dual citizenship.
I wish I had two passports. But then I travel lots, and having another passports would make travel to some locations easier, depending on the passport of course.

I don't think there is an issue with loyalties because one has two passports. The loyalty issue comes from how do you use those rights due to those passports.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I wish I had two passports. But then I travel lots, and having another passports would make travel to some locations easier, depending on the passport of course.

I don't think there is an issue with loyalties because one has two passports. The loyalty issue comes from how do you use those rights due to those passports.
There was a big controversy a couple of years ago about these people getting Canadian passports so they could access Canadian benefits while actually living in other countries....most noteable were those fake Canadians that our government is expected to save when their homes are being bombed in Libya Egypt Israel et al. Dual or multi citizenship is bogus and should not be allowed IMHO
Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Oh my I wish I could have the peace of mind that some people must have. To think that we are in a different situation up here would alleviate any need to change the status quo. We are no different. We are becoming less engaged,aware and erect. Slumping in front of computers,TVs and smartphones engaging even our own families less and less. Someone on here has a sig line that says all that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. I think that it may be that simple. Even I get it.