Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=CanuckShooter;1768828]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post

I've been here in PG since 1965...never saw one cross burned ever...:-)

This town was way wilder in the 60s and 70s than it is now....a least in those days men were men and women wore panty hose. :-)
That town, before the city was even worse after the war and into the fifties.

CS: I was born in Pouce Coupe. before 1965.

I grew up enjoying hunting and fishing on the mighty peace and the mighty fraser rivers when I was a kid.

Hey CS remember that black Jamacian member of parliment called Hedy Fry from Vancouver. Remember how she denigrated the city of Prince George as some sort of slime pit, with red necks burning crosses. A city that now has one of the most respected universities in Canada.

A filthy stinking liberal lie.

No wonder the folks in the North West Peace want to join Alberta.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
So much for Free Trade.....you try to sell them cheap wood and they whine....they (California) refuses to pay for hydro the use ...and they are good partners? We could do without good partners like that, why do you think there is such a push to open Asian markets?
I got ur point when u first said it.....Yes it's true....Big Brother USA could treat their Lil Bro Canada a little better. Seems the more we have and the more we let them have....the more they want and the more they take. Another thread altogether though.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
So much for Free Trade.....you try to sell them cheap wood and they whine....they (California) refuses to pay for hydro the use ...and they are good partners? We could do without good partners like that, why do you think there is such a push to open Asian markets?

That's exactly my sentiment, I would rather do business with China and India who pay fair market value for our resources then to sell it to the states heavily discounted, then buy back the finished product at fair market value. They double dip from us that way, and it is not a fair partnership. One of my favorite occurrences was when the united states said they weren't interested in our dirty oil because it was too expensive and too dirty. Our rebuke was that its fine we'll sell it to China, a few days later our oil wasn't too dirty for them. For a long time the United States has been resting on its laurels as a fair trader with Canada when the truth is the relationship between our countries has been very parasitic in the past 30 years. I wont go into the military aspect of it because people will argue that they protect us when the simple truth is that Canada really doesn't need to be protected from anyone other then the United States. Further we wouldn't even be registering as a target for terrorist groups if we weren't considered so close to the people to our south.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=greylynx;1768889]
Quote:

That town, before the city was even worse after the war and into the fifties.

CS: I was born in Pouce Coupe. before 1965.

I grew up enjoying hunting and fishing on the mighty peace and the mighty fraser rivers when I was a kid.

Hey CS remember that black Jamacian member of parliment called Hedy Fry from Vancouver. Remember how she denigrated the city of Prince George as some sort of slime pit, with red necks burning crosses. A city that now has one of the most respected universities in Canada.

A filthy stinking liberal lie.

No wonder the folks in the North West Peace want to join Alberta.
Yes I remember that dope....for the life of me I could never figure out why anyone ever voted for her.

IMHO the Peace would like to join alta to escape our tax happy governments....
Old 12-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Black on Black crime. A significant number in the USA and not very in Canada.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-black-cr...190404331.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...048197464.html

This likely doesn't get talked about very much, because let's face it, people are generally averse to talking about racial differences. Already, I can see hundreds of liberal eyes lighting up in AO computer land, as they stretch their fingers and get ready to type up a post about the evil racist rugatika.

Now, you can go on forever about WHY this is such a problem, but for whatever reason, it is. And we don't have it in Canada. Nor any other countries for that matter. It's pretty much a unique situation in the USA and it DOES make up a very significant amount of their violent crimes.

Generally, I gotta agree with you Rug, but that part I highlighted....no. It isn't unique to the USA. All you need to do is look at the endless massacres in the various African countries....Hutus and Tutsi issues in Rwanda comes to mind right off the bat, but Somalia, Ethiopia, Mali, Congo etc etc have all had their share of 'black on black violence'. Not unique to the USA at all. Anyway, does this make me a rascist as well? I could go on about white on white violence during a couple of crippling world wars last century, if it would help.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swforge View Post
In closing here, I always thought that Americans and Canadians were so close in our beliefs and thoughts we were like brothers. Starting to think otherwise.....
First off swforge, I'm sorry that you found some of the comments on this thread offensive.......that's funny because apologizing is stereotypical of being Canadian, eh? IMO our two cultures are similar yet very different.

I think that we're more like good neighbours and allies than brothers, although I'm not offended by being thought of as a brother.....honoured actually. IMO Canadians are much more insecure about our identity than Americans are about theirs and most people are proud of their Canadian culture. Most Canadians find being lumped in with American culture offensive. We have our own that we are proud of but it has nothing to do with being anti-American......yours is good to......just not Canadian is all.

Awhile back I visited the Heineken factory in Amsterdam and a hostess asked us if we were Canadian. I said yes and I asked her how she knew we weren't American. She explained that she found that Canadians tended to take being called American as an insult but Americans were not insulted by being called Canadians. It was safer for her to ask everyone that spoke the english language in a non-Brit/Aussie style if they were Canadian. Not anti-American attitudes, just proud Canadian attitudes.

Here's how I think the vast majority of Canadians like to be perceived and for Americans to perceive us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmhouKfdxo
Old 12-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Type13X2 View Post
That's exactly my sentiment, I would rather do business with China and India who pay fair market value for our resources then to sell it to the states heavily discounted, then buy back the finished product at fair market value. They double dip from us that way, and it is not a fair partnership. One of my favorite occurrences was when the united states said they weren't interested in our dirty oil because it was too expensive and too dirty. Our rebuke was that its fine we'll sell it to China, a few days later our oil wasn't too dirty for them. For a long time the United States has been resting on its laurels as a fair trader with Canada when the truth is the relationship between our countries has been very parasitic in the past 30 years. I wont go into the military aspect of it because people will argue that they protect us when the simple truth is that Canada really doesn't need to be protected from anyone other then the United States. Further we wouldn't even be registering as a target for terrorist groups if we weren't considered so close to the people to our south.
I too think Canada does not need the US militaries protection. Canada is not on anyone's hit list. In fact....when travelling....It's better to support the Canadian flag and not be confused as an American. How many places have banned Americans from entering their country compared to Canadians? Zero for Canadians as far as I know. I know we are tightly wound and woven into the USA's fabric...but I wish someone could find a way to cut lose of them. We can support ourselves just fine and then we could overcharge the US if they wanted something. And our Army is no slouch either. I have been told by American soldiers that they would not want any other army to help fight with them other than Canada and England because of their quality training.
I wonder if we'll ever be free from the US stranglehold??????????
Old 12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
First off swforge, I'm sorry that you found some of the comments on this thread offensive.......that's funny because apologizing is stereotypical of being Canadian, eh? IMO our two cultures are similar yet very different.

I think that we're more like good neighbours and allies than brothers, although I'm not offended by being thought of as a brother.....honoured actually. IMO Canadians are much more insecure about our identity than Americans are about theirs and most people are proud of their Canadian culture. Most Canadians find being lumped in with American culture offensive. We have our own that we are proud of but it has nothing to do with being anti-American......yours is good to......just not Canadian is all.

Awhile back I visited the Heineken factory in Amsterdam and a hostess asked us if we were Canadian. I said yes and I asked her how she knew we weren't American. She explained that she found that Canadians tended to take being called American as an insult but Americans were not insulted by being called Canadians. It was safer for her to ask everyone that spoke the english language in a non-Brit/Aussie style if they were Canadian. Not anti-American attitudes, just proud Canadian attitudes.

Here's how I think the vast majority of Canadians like to be perceived and for Americans to perceive us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmhouKfdxo

Thank's for the video ... HD !!!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
Thank's for the video ... HD !!!
I liked and remembered it from the olympics.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:17 PM

Hey... I love your Gordon Sinclair !!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
I'm going to disagree , our histories and culture are totally different. We were never a terrorist state , our past was not glamorized as a rootn tootn shootn gunfight at the ok corral. Canada has always joined the fray at the onset of global hostilities wwl, wwll never the isolation, as to the south. Canadian society has always had a mind for our less fortunate , not an I'm all right jack attitude like our southern neighbors . Firearms in Canada are tools for the pursuit of food, clothing and self dependence , the folks to the south blatantly consider them as protection "god made man , Sam colt made them equal" . Most firearms owner in Canada own guns as a sport , hobby type of thing with the use of as a weapon against another person as a last resort not a first response as is common in the US. We do not tell the world we are the best ,we let our works speak for there self. The worlds militaries welcome working with the salt of the earth Canadians , not a roll your eyes , " those cowboys again" all the differences are in our histories and shout down any pop culture similarities . IMHO for what it's worth.

I laugh at your statement that you do not tell the world you are the best. Why? Because I've seen numerous posts on this forum from you specifically that indicate you think your better anyone down south. You are no different than the nation you continually criticize because of the generalizations you make.. Your track record on anything that even remotely begins to compare Canada to the US shows that.

Having lived in both countries I can honestly say, Americans don't give a rip about compairing themselves to Canadians. Yet whenever I talk to Canadians they are always saying how arrogant the US and how good Canada is? But when someone down south says they are proud of their country you call it being arrogant? Congrats for being proud of your country but why don't you compare yourself to a different country for a change?

anyways I've wasted enough of my time in this reponse.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I too think Canada does not need the US militaries protection. Canada is not on anyone's hit list. In fact....when travelling....It's better to support the Canadian flag and not be confused as an American. How many places have banned Americans from entering their country compared to Canadians? Zero for Canadians as far as I know. I know we are tightly wound and woven into the USA's fabric...but I wish someone could find a way to cut lose of them. We can support ourselves just fine and then we could overcharge the US if they wanted something. And our Army is no slouch either. I have been told by American soldiers that they would not want any other army to help fight with them other than Canada and England because of their quality training. I wonder if we'll ever be free from the US stranglehold??????????
Funny I preferred to be next to IDF or ROK....Aussies weren't bad. Only problem with the Canadian soldiers were there were never enough around when needed.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Default Please close this down

This is one of the stupidest threads I've seen on here in years, can we just all get along! This thing has run its course. Shut 'er down!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I laugh at your statement that you do not tell the world you are the best. Why? Because I've seen numerous posts on this forum from you specifically that indicate you think your better anyone down south. You are no different than the nation you continually criticize because of the generalizations you make.. Your track record on anything that even remotely begins to compare Canada to the US shows that.

Having lived in both countries I can honestly say, Americans don't give a rip about compairing themselves to Canadians. Yet whenever I talk to Canadians they are always saying how arrogant the US and how good Canada is? But when someone down south says they are proud of their country you call it being arrogant? Congrats for being proud of your country but why don't you compare yourself to a different country for a change?

You know Mister Ford Trucking. You are correct.

I do not care what the United States does. There are too many school teachers and administers who live by CNN and People magaizine in Alberta who think what happens in the US is going to happen to them.

Yet these teachers get 95 thousand a year and no one could really care with the exception of overtaxed Albertans.

Good point Ford Truckin.

Chasin the rabbit when the over fed hog is the one to go after.

It takes one of our kind living outside to tell us what the real problem is.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swforge View Post
Hey... I love your Gordon Sinclair !!!
Yup. Gordon Sinclair was a true Canadian. I remember how much my Grandpa liked him.

Gordon Sinclair's take on America bashers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3UgVJav-o
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

Americans don't give a rip about Canada because most of them don't even know where we are hahahaha (I have met plenty of people like this when in the US)
And this thread is about Canada vs USA....that's why all ur reading is the 2 countries......
Are you back and forth btwn countries cause u can't decide which place is better. Just an observation friendo
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Agreed !! Well stated. (I have met a lot of excellent people on both sides of the 49th parallel that I would be proud to stand beside).
Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
You know Mister Ford Trucking. You are correct.

I do not care what the United States does. There are too many school teachers and administers who live by CNN and People magaizine in Alberta.

They get 95 thousand a year and who could really care with the exception of overtaxed Albertans.

Good point Ford Truckin.

Chasin the rabbit when the over fed hog is the one to go after.

It takes one of our kind living outside to tell us what the real problem is.
Yup,
For how simliar the two countries are they are still unique with their own pro's and con's. One should be proud of their nationality yet not continually criticize the next group for doing something and then in turn doing it themselves. Its just a weebit hypocritical.

I just don't understand why Canadians always compare themselves to Americans. Having lived in both countries I always hear Canadians making coments about Americans do this or say that, when in reality, very rarely do you hear that sentiment down here. A personal example my ex wife had never really spent much time in the States until we moved south. She always made coments about how Americans always said Canadians were stupid... When my friends down here found out she was from Canada all they said was, thats Cool. We went to the stampeed and loved it. No negative comments were made towards Canadians or Canada in general.

Sadly I hear more of Group A sucks and Group B is the best attitude when I go to my parents house in Lloyd. Accept that you are similar yet different and quit this rediculous D@@@ measuring contest.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
IMO our two cultures are similar yet very different.
Quote:
Accept that you are similar yet different and quit this rediculous........
Already done.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Americans don't give a rip about Canada because most of them don't even know where we are hahahaha (I have met plenty of people like this when in the US)
And this thread is about Canada vs USA....that's why all ur reading is the 2 countries......
Are you back and forth btwn countries cause u can't decide which place is better. Just an observation friendo
Its attitudes like yours that prove what I'm saying. I have never heard anyone in the US make such a negative statement that Canadians don't know where such and such a place is in the US. If you wanna play that game I've met enough Canadians that think Arkansas and Arkansaw are 2 different States. There is plenty of ingorance on both sides of the border, unfortunately one side tends to admit their shortcomings while the other attempts to ignore theirs while making the other side appear more ignorant. Oh and thats just an obeservation of living on both sides Friendo!

As far as where I live, I'm down here because I find there is less negative attitudes toward my friends up north, then the negative attitudes those friends up north have to their southern neighbor.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:24 PM

It would hate to see what a map of the world would look like if it were not for America. All the haters who whine about America are simply ignorant. You kick America when it's down and whine when it's high. If the sh*t ever hits the fan you dicks will be running to hide behind the American flag. Sure I'm a proud Canadian, but remember this, Canada wouldn't be what it is without the United States of America.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 12-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Its attitudes like yours that prove what I'm saying. I have never heard anyone in the US make such a negative statement that Canadians don't know where such and such a place is in the US. If you wanna play that game I've met enough Canadians that think Arkansas and Arkansaw are 2 different States. There is plenty of ingorance on both sides of the border, unfortunately one side tends to admit their shortcomings while the other attempts to ignore theirs while making the other side appear more ignorant. Oh and thats just an obeservation of living on both sides Friendo!

As far as where I live, I'm down here because I find there is less negative attitudes toward my friends up north, then the negative attitudes those friends up north have to their southern neighbor.
Some friendly words for ya....
Have you seen the reports when a Canadian journalist goes to the US and asks varied people on the street to answer simple questions about Canada?
Their answers are astoundingly misinformed and even border on no information at all. I believe this as well because I know this thru experience.
And just because someone lives somewhere....doesn't mean they know what is really goin on around them.
I don't profess to know all either.
AND...I quite enjoy the USA and many of it's people.
I like Hawaii the best hahahaha
I also luv the NFL and think the CFL sucks and so on and so on......
But there are generalities and specifics on both sides of this thread's argument. And to ignore them is silliness.
And if u read my post earlier....I stated that N America is THE BEST place to live on Earth. But that doesn't mean I have to like all of it. And no-one does.
Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth to you and your family
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
It would hate to see what a map of the world would look like if it were not for America. All the haters who whine about America are simply ignorant. You kick America when it's down and whine when it's high. If the sh*t ever hits the fan you dicks will be running to hide behind the American flag. Sure I'm a proud Canadian, but remember this, Canada wouldn't be what it is without the United States of America.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Hide behind their flag??? hahahaha
I don't even have a comment to such silliness.
And without USA....maybe we Canadians would not have been in as many modern wars....to help the USA in their conflicts.
And yes I believe in the fight for freedom, but some of the American wars were just based on greed.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Some friendly words for ya....
Have you seen the reports when a Canadian journalist goes to the US and asks varied people on the street to answer simple questions about Canada?
Their answers are astoundingly misinformed and even border on no information at all
. I believe this as well because I know this thru experience.
And just because someone lives somewhere....doesn't mean they know what is really goin on around them.
I don't profess to know all either.
AND...I quite enjoy the USA and many of it's people.
I like Hawaii the best hahahaha
I also luv the NFL and think the CFL sucks and so on and so on......
But there are generalities and specifics on both sides of this thread's argument. And to ignore them is silliness.
And if u read my post earlier....I stated that N America is THE BEST place to live on Earth. But that doesn't mean I have to like all of it. And no-one does.
Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth to you and your family

What is this program you talk of?? Oh you mean Rick Mercer Talking to American's?? I've only ever seen people in Canada care about making the States look stupid. You don't see an American Journalist going up to Canada and asking simple questions about the USA to make Canadians look stupid. Why is that? They don't care cause they aren't obcessed with outshining their neighbor..

Unfortunately arguing this point is usless because its like arguing with a Liberal. THey are always right no matter what and you will always be wrong regardless of what fact you prove/disprove.

So the same to you, Merry Christmas. We can agree to disagree because I ain't ever going to change your opinion and you definately won't change mine because I know better.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Hide behind their flag??? hahahaha
I don't even have a comment to such silliness.
And without USA....maybe we Canadians would not have been in as many modern wars....to help the USA in their conflicts.
And yes I believe in the fight for freedom, but some of the American wars were just based on greed.
Just what wars are you talking about when you claim they were based on greed. Go ahead, name all of them you refer to... if you can. Was it WW1 or WW11. How about the Korean war? Vietnam ?
I can pretty much guess you never served your country or you wouldnt make such ignorant statements.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Yup. Gordon Sinclair was a true Canadian. I remember how much my Grandpa liked him.

Gordon Sinclair's take on America bashers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3UgVJav-o
Thanks for that clip! And it's still happening today. Always has.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Banned

WOW mtngiant! You just joined AO and you've really hit your stride pretty fast haven't you? It makes me wonder what your AO name was before......hmmmmm.

How about you give it a rest already?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post

GOD BLESS AMERICA
x10!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
What is this program you talk of?? Oh you mean Rick Mercer Talking to American's?? I've only ever seen people in Canada care about making the States look stupid. You don't see an American Journalist going up to Canada and asking simple questions about the USA to make Canadians look stupid. Why is that? They don't care cause they aren't obcessed with outshining their neighbor..

Unfortunately arguing this point is usless because its like arguing with a Liberal. THey are always right no matter what and you will always be wrong regardless of what fact you prove/disprove.

So the same to you, Merry Christmas. We can agree to disagree because I ain't ever going to change your opinion and you definately won't change mine because I know better.
Oh my oh my....you think you know better haha
Agree to disagree is a good way to end this lil tete-a-tete.
Some conversations are better left to sittin down with a bottle in front of each other.
Cheers friendo
Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
WOW mtngiant! You just joined AO and you've really hit your stride pretty fast haven't you? It makes me wonder what your AO name was before......hmmmmm.

How about you give it a rest already?
No A.K.A ma man.
Give it a rest? Funny I was just thinkin the same thing. We obviously don't travel in the same circles. I'll just sit back n read for awhile.....maybe I'll learn something.