Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnluvr View Post
I have a bunch of see through cylinders from lite cylinder. Never have to wonder how much gas u got left again. I tried being a distributor for them. Never worked out great tho.More often than not they arernt filled to capacity and this takes the guess work out. Still got 30 or 40 of em if anyone is interested. I would sell em at my cost to get em out of my shed. Pretty cool units. Check em out @ www.litecylinder.com.
These are only rated to -40 celsius.

Given wind chill can dip us below that and farther north maybe even straight temperature...this may not be the best and safest product in Canada over the winter.

I got this off your link. Looks like a unique and nice looking summer patio addition.

Are these rated for use in Canada? If not you can not ever get them filled.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 AM

I was always told that wind chill does not affect inanimate objects it only affects how fast it will cool. eg. If it is -20 with a -10 wind chill the object will still only reach -20 but will cool much faster to that temperatue. So I think they tanks might work. How much is cost on one of these?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound2Fish View Post
I was always told that wind chill does not affect inanimate objects it only affects how fast it will cool. eg. If it is -20 with a -10 wind chill the object will still only reach -20 but will cool much faster to that temperatue. So I think they tanks might work. How much is cost on one of these?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ures_in_Canada

I just did a quick search of lowest base temperatures. I would not of guessed a reading of -63.

Saskatchewan looks worse than Alberta for temps. Makes sense.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 AM

The tanks meet ALL canadian standards, I have never had any issue with the tanks due to weather. All the necessary info for filling is stamped on them with a placard. I have the required paperwork if needed to accompany them. They undergo all the same testing as a steel tank. Basically the only difference is these tanks have a 15 year life span as opposed to the 10 year of a steel tank. I sold about 50 of these and have never gotten any negative feed back on them and they are being used on everything from BBQ's to welding trucks.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
The tanks meet ALL canadian standards, I have never had any issue with the tanks due to weather. All the necessary info for filling is stamped on them with a placard. I have the required paperwork if needed to accompany them. They undergo all the same testing as a steel tank. Basically the only difference is these tanks have a 15 year life span as opposed to the 10 year of a steel tank. I sold about 50 of these and have never gotten any negative feed back on them and they are being used on everything from BBQ's to welding trucks.
They look great. I can not see why your yuppies are not all over this. Looks nicer than an aluminum tank.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
These are only rated to -40 celsius.

Given wind chill can dip us below that and farther north maybe even straight temperature...this may not be the best and safest product in Canada over the winter.

I got this off your link. Looks like a unique and nice looking summer patio addition.

Are these rated for use in Canada? If not you can not ever get them filled.
Wind chill means nothing other to to what is felt on skin. Water freezes at 0 and boils at 100, wind chill does not change that (altitude does though). I looked at your link and I was suprised the coldest ever temp in Edmonton was -49.4 in 86..................ouch
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Where r u?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM

I'm with ya ehntr......and at -40 propane in a 20lb's is pretty much useless if it has been sitting for any length of time.

These things are pretty cool

edit> Are they CSA approved??
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM

These are fully, completely CSA and DOT approved, I have all documentation if required. I have em in my shed in Grande Prairie. 10 or 20lb $65 out the door. Retail is about $100, these things work great, just sick of lookin at a pile of em.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM

PM comin' atya