Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 AM

Default Forks

Anyone know if the campground is open at the forks?
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 AM

its open. some spots left but it will be packed tonight

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-16-2014, 09:39 AM

Thanks Wayne, see you there
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 PM

ya i agree with wayne last year the week before may long i wanted to hit the forks before the crowds got there and to my surprise when i got there to the shore line camp area on the island there was one camper and one couple. they had their camping gear spread out on ALL campsites along the entire bank. i pulled up to one and started setting up and then a lady came over and said the site i was on was reserved. so i look at the other sites and asked why because i was under the impression it was a first come first serve basis and apparently they were trying to reserve all the sites on the bank for all of their friends coming down NEXT WEEK of all things. so i moved to one where none of their stuff was and setup and started to fish. then some of the their groups that were coming early showed up along with other campers. then all hell breaks loose and the argue about who's campsite it was and that they couldn't reserve and hold the site for their friends so to annoy each other they parked their truck and campers on the same sites a few inches apart. as others were also ****ed off about this they grab the gear that was so called holding the site was thrown into the bushes and as things started to escalate i left to avoid being in the middle of this huge brawl between the various groups quarreling.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Banned

and thats when you call the authorities.. thats BS.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:54 PM

ya i didn't think of that cause i was more frustrated with a weekend i planned out falling through, haven't been there since
Old 05-16-2014, 02:26 PM

sounds like a normal weekend at the forks. worse since half the beach got washed away. might want to bring a book this weekend fishing is pretty slow

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 PM

really its like that every weekend? was out last nite on spot X and no biters but saw a few small sturgeon rising and such.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:21 AM

Default excitement

anyone hear what was happening yesterday afternoon? all sorts of emergency vehicles and a helicopter at the random sites on the Oldman.
Oldman came up at least 8 inches overnight so hopefully the fishing will pick up. the river rose too

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 PM

So when i do decide to come down to the forks finally to break my sturgeon virginity because im invited by someone and i'am their "guest".....i would think that its their obligation to protect me from all the unruly mean fisherman that would want to kick my butt.......start doing pushups WC.....ive got a really big mouth!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

Thumbs down lol a bunch of jokes

i hate going to the forks on may long or around may long ... ppl and their poop attitudes .. you go there a ppls egos are all over the place ... its a joke ...there is a group of em on the beach 35-60 yrs of age thats always there on the that beach .. you fish by em they get so mad ...lol and when you go find ur own spot .... catch 11 in 2 hrs they come to where your catching em and get even madder.... bring their 3 friends sit by you try and fish and then you say just like he said be for ... thats a little close u should find ur own spot .. and then freaks out cause you said the same thing he says to you not 3 hrs before .... all and all ppl there are a joke !!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
anyone hear what was happening yesterday afternoon? all sorts of emergency vehicles and a helicopter at the random sites on the Oldman.
Oldman came up at least 8 inches overnight so hopefully the fishing will pick up. the river rose too
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/collision-...-old-1.1828755

Quote:
Collision between dirt bike and ATV, east of Taber, claims 17-year-old

Ryan White, CTV Calgary
Published Monday, May 19, 2014 6:10PM MDT

A teenager has died in hospital following a Saturday collision at a park near Grassy Lake.
Taber-Vauxhall RCMP responded to an area known as ‘The Forks’ on Saturday afternoon after an ATV and a dirt bike collided.
Three young men, two riding on an ATV and the operator of the dirt bike, were injured in the crash.
A 17-year-old man, who had been on the ATV, was transported to hospital by STARS Air Ambulance but his injuries proved fatal and he passed away in hospital.
The other two men, who are believed to be in their late teens or early twenties, were transported to hospital. Their conditions have not been released.
RCMP continue their investigation into the crash. It is not known if alcohol was a factor in the collision.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact the Taber-Vauxhall RCMP detachment, 403-223-4447, or Crime Stoppers.
Thoughts and prayers to those affected.