Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Quad theft, what is up with people???

Is it just in my area or is there a surge of quad theft in the whole Province. I live in Cold Lake and for the past 2 years, there has been a ring of quad thieves which they cannot dismantel so far. My block alone has seen 9 quads taken. Lucky for me I keep my stuff in my garage and it's always locked. Some are not so lucky. One of my neighbors bought a brand new quad last summer(Honda 500), he had it one day.

I went out for a poker game last night and my wife went out with the kids to walmart. When she came back, she let the dog out and there was 2 bicycles in my backyard. After close inspection, my wife noticed that one of the bikes had a leather carrier on it. She found some close in it and a brand new PSP($269). The bikes were stolen a few blocks from us according to the RCMP. My wife noticed our neighbor's fence gate open, she went in to have a look and to her amazement, the 2 tarps that housed their quads from the elements were laying askew on the ground with fresh quad tracks leading out of the yard. As I write this, our neighbors still don't know this happenend as they're in Edmonton for the weekend...I guess. The sad part is that when they moved in this past summer, I had mentioned to the lady that she should put her quads away in the garage so that they don't get stolen. She told me that they would do this as soon as they were all moved in. When I came back from moose hunting in October, I talked to him about his quads as they were still in the backyard. I told him the story about quads being stolen in the area and he shrugged me off as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Although I feel for them, I still see him shrugging me off and what comes to mind is "I TOLD YOU SO".

Anyways, that's 9 quads in a small block, there's lots more throughout the city. The RCMP's told us that there's in excess of 5 quads stolen a night in Cold Lake, that's sick!

How about you guys? Quads are thieves hot item in your parts?

Cabot.