Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-06-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherbyFan65 View Post
Hopefully once things simmer down the mods will let us have a Custom Rifle Recovery Raffle to repay the affected members.
WeatherbyFan65, when I saw a price for New Sako trg42 I said to myself "too good to be true".
So don't be very upset -most folks here who paid money to Mr Barry were to fool to even think-
Everybody should have phone conversation with seller before paying money or ask your buddy who lives in that area to go and check-that what I always offer and ask others when I buy or sell to have good net if I need !
Other words-if I bought or sold somebody smth I offer them to ask me to inspect and proof seller in my area and to do the same for me,
So far everybody was happy with this , and lost no money!
Of course don't blame me if threaded holes for scope are not in perfect line if you didn't tell me to- and how to check it

Last edited by sailor; 08-06-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:47 PM

Could all affected member from the DB scam, please PM moderator sns2 or myself with the date and amount lost, your real name and email address please

Thanks
WF
Old 08-10-2018, 10:46 AM

I have been contacted regarding this, and because of the nature of the Criminal activity there is not a lot I can do, sorry.
I would say though, now that he is banned and has moved on there is less chance that anyone will be able to track him.
The best way to handle something of this matter is to call the RCMP first if you suspect suspicious activity, then notify the Mods but do not suspend or ban until the Criminal Investigation has been initiated.
He will just start under another name with an IP spoof and nobody will be the wiser.
These are very serious cases of Fraud, and Theft and the RCMP should be the first notified.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-10-2018, 01:14 PM

And so we come back to the age old imperative: buyer beware.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 06:25 PM

Took your advice Ken and the horsemen had been contacted and evidence presented. Hopefully they've reached out to the other members that indicated to me that they'll talk and give evidence.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
Took your advice Ken and the horsemen had been contacted and evidence presented. Hopefully they've reached out to the other members that indicated to me that they'll talk and give evidence.
Excellent. Best of luck, Sir.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-13-2018, 05:18 PM

Sorry to see the way this went together and so many to have been scammed out of substantial dollars. That said, i got a couple of pretty nasty pms for my earlier comments about not trusting first time sellers with no track record after the scammer came on and gave his heart felt plee about being a good guy and not wanting to hurt anyomne, JUST DIDn't like low ballers. World has way Too many scum. Hope you guys get some justice.