Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Another nice thing is if you have AAA/CAA you don't have to use it on your own car. If your with a friend or other family and their car goes down you can use your membership to get out of a jam. I look at it as cheap insurance.
This. My nephew ruined his trailer axle by Valleyview. His dad and I were hunting in the area and my brother had the RV package. Guy with a fancy trailer where the deck slides back hauled it to Grand prairie for repair. AMA picked up the bill, Dunno what the trailer is called but when the deck slides back and down it forms a ramp. Some slick. Owner/operator said about a 100k
or better.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Except you could have called AMA and signed up then and they would have towed you, even though you were not a member. You can sign up when you are broken down and still covered.
There is still a caveat on that one. That is true if you need a short tow that is covered by the basic membership, but if you want the benefits associated with the higher level of membership, you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before you can access them. So if you need a long tow, it will still cost you out of pocket.

My son found this out when his car broke down north of Sylvan Lake, it was going to end up costing $1,500 + the AMA membership to have it towed back to Calgary. We ended up going to u-haul and renting a car dolly.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
This. My nephew ruined his trailer axle by Valleyview. His dad and I were hunting in the area and my brother had the RV package. Guy with a fancy trailer where the deck slides back hauled it to Grand prairie for repair. AMA picked up the bill, Dunno what the trailer is called but when the deck slides back and down it forms a ramp. Some slick. Owner/operator said about a 100k
or better.
That might of been a Landoll trailer and they cost closer to $150k+. Thus the high rates of getting something hauled. I’m curious how much the RV package from AMA costs?

I had to have a heavy wrecker haul one of my tandem trucks to a repair shop once. Bill was north of $600 and they hauled it 15 miles. I was thankful of the service tho.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
That might of been a Landoll trailer and they cost closer to $150k+. Thus the high rates of getting something hauled. I’m curious how much the RV package from AMA costs?
Yes, landoll. See the picture in my post #23.

RV plus is $162/yr
RV premium is $203/yr
It's all on AMA website.....