Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-27-2008, 05:41 PM

Default Crestliner vs Lund

who has one and why????
Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

For me personally it was a no brainer, I was raised in a Lund. My father bought his first Lund back in about 1975, just a little 14' fishing tub. We fished that boat for years.. Now we were not exactly your typical family, my father loved fishing and hunting he lived for it, and he being a logger had most of his summers off. We fished that boat from Babine lake in northern B.C. rite through to the coast and every pot hole in between. We lived in north east A.B. and spent every non working weekend wich was most out on lakes like Beaver, Touchwood, Heart and many others I would honestly hate to guess the hrs on that boat. And that boat still remains in the family, one of my brothers own it and it is used as a quad in boat on a small trailer. That boat is still solid as the day she was new, no kidding...
Next when my father retired in 1984 he bought a 16' Lund Pike, you know the style with the side console and pedistall seats, Lund was actually one of the first to come out with the style, well like I said he bought it when he retired. That man basically lived in that boat till he past away in 95. My parents spent half their time out on the west coast and half back home in A.B. that boat lived through 4 engines and still has a 30 HP Yammy on the back this I know because I own the boat now, father wanted me to have it when he past. Let me be the first to tell you that boat is as solid today as the day she was bought not a leak or a loose rivet in her. That boat seen more fish hit the bottom of it than most 20 boats in the country. My sons still use that boat its now been past on to them to use. I am quite picky with my new one so thay use the old Lund for their outings with freinds.

So you see for me it was a no brainer Lund boats have served my family for over 30 years and like I said we still have the first one and it is solid. When I went and invested in a new boat there was no doubt in what to buy, oh I looked at the rest but came coming back to the best... If you noticed I said "invest" because thats what you do when you buy a Lund, you invest in the future...

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 PM

Got a Crestliner this year, had a Lund before that. Lund and Crestliner are made by the same company. Crestliner is welded, Lund is riveted. Crestliner was far and away the better deal with a better layout than the comparable Lund. Lifetime warranty on the Crestliner plus 3 years on everything else in the boat that came in the package from Crestliner (ie. fishfinder, trolling motor). Cannot argue with that. Which one is better, that could be argued till the cows come home.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM

Default Crestliner for me

Well, it's like this. I do agree a boat is an investment and I love the lund. Price was a big factor for me as well as a welded hull and motor type. After that you can go into all the "fun Stuff" like depth sounder/GPS, dual live wells, etc.
After searching the market and seeing what was in my price range as well as what I needed (and what I wanted) the Crestliner fit all my needs.
I think you just have to do the research and see where your taste will fall. They are both good boats that will last you the majority of a lifetime but in the end getting what you want within your means will give oyu plenty of years of satisfaction.
For the record...I sit in it every night and hope to god the ice melts soon!

Happy Hunting!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Default Lund

I worked for Lund out of Steinbach Man for a number of years .

I bought a Crestliner last year , better finish inside , more HP.

per lineal foot , quieter . I just dont think those Lunds are the quality they used to be . Crestliner was about 5K cheaper for comparable product .
Also if you compare Free Spirit marine in Edmonton and Alberta Marine
in Nanton Apparently there is no comparison . I havent met an unhappy free spirit customer but there is no shortage Ab. Marine ones ...

They have spent a fortune advertising Lund and if you believe the hype
step up and pay your bucks ... W101
Old 04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
stubblejumper

Quote:
Also if you compare Free Spirit marine in Edmonton and Alberta Marine
in Nanton Apparently there is no comparison . I havent met an unhappy free spirit customer but there is no shortage Ab. Marine ones ...
Alberta Marine in Nanton and Broker Marine in Camrose quoted me by far the highest Lund prices.LacLaBiche Sporting goods and Rainbow Marine quoted me the lowest prices on Lund.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM

We just bought a Lund though Rainbow Marine and choose it because of the layout. Between the two boats it probably ends up to which layout you like better. Just a couple designs in the Lund that we liked better so we went with Lund.