Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makin tracks View Post
bingo!
One can't help but believe there is a hate campaign against churches based on sexual abuse and the residential school experience, we shouldn't be surprised.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-01-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
One can't help but believe there is a hate campaign against churches based on sexual abuse and the residential school experience, we shouldn't be surprised.
That would make the fires hate crimes, even though most politicians wouldn't dare use that terminology, unless it was mosques being burned.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:17 AM

If anyone figured out who burnt the little red church at Codessa the cops wouldn’t be called and maybe this has been settled already. That church was there since settlers went to the saddle hills.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:34 AM

Anyone who damages or sets any house of worship on fire, regardless of religion, needs to be publicly beaten with extreme prejudice. When a society winks at such crimes, it is circling the drain. See signature line.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Anyone who damages or sets any house of worship on fire, regardless of religion, needs to be publicly beaten with extreme prejudice. When a society winks at such crimes, it is circling the drain. See signature line.
I concur with the opinion expressed by sns2. If our places of worship would have been respected instead of destroyed we wouldn't have the despair we see in our communities across this country. The destruction of our sweat lodges our sun dances contributed to the irreparable harm that continues today. I think it is safe to say all races of people believe in a higher power and worship differently. We were told our practices were devil worshipping.....

A place of worship regardless of religion should be respected because it is fabric of ones society.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
I concur with the opinion expressed by sns2. If our places of worship would have been respected instead of destroyed we wouldn't have the despair we see in our communities across this country. The destruction of our sweat lodges our sun dances contributed to the irreparable harm that continues today. I think it is safe to say all races of people believe in a higher power and worship differently. We were told our practices were devil worshipping.....

A place of worship regardless of religion should be respected because it is fabric of ones society.

This stuff was all long before my time so I Google why was Sundance outlawed and this is what I got

The Canadian government outlawed "any celebration or dance of which the wounding or mutilation of the dead or living body of any human being or animal forms a part or is a feature" in an 1895 amendment to the Indian Act.
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Su...

The ritual continued to be observed in secret by the Sioux and other nations until the bans were lifted in the 1950s. Today, the Sun Dance is still observed by the people of the Plains Nations as it was in the past, though without the element of self-torture.Sep 5, 2023
Old 01-01-2024, 08:37 PM

Quote:
what? Your government is attempting to rid it's citizens of their faith, one way is to dig up past history, the tribes new of grave sites, they were not kept up, by the band, church or government! once people lose their faith they have nothing left to believe in, other than the government and what it tells them, Ex China

sad !

Last edited by makin tracks; 01-01-2024 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That would make the fires hate crimes, even though most politicians wouldn't dare use that terminology, unless it was mosques being burned.
i agree, may never find out?
Old 01-01-2024, 08:43 PM

Quote:
yes, very true! interesting the RCMP are just standing by! more than a few of these churches were still being used, and once gone the people drift away, likely to be replaced by loose moral code, violence and degredation. mainly because they have nothing to believe in. very sad.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post

well said!
Old 01-02-2024, 06:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
It is a crime regardless of building type etc and those who commit the crime do the time....like a day or two in holding and out to show up for court date

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-02-2024, 07:32 AM

The unfortunate thing is that most churches are not only places of worship but also conduct fundraising for the poor, feed those in need, serve as a social catalyst for seniors, and have kindergartens and youth groups. They are the body and soul of many communities. serving much more than worship. To burn a church is a despicable crime.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 01-02-2024, 01:37 PM

So ….. if our Prime Minister says that “it’s fully understandable” for people to burn down churches, is it not fully understandable to lynch people that do?
Old 01-02-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
So ….. if our Prime Minister says that “it’s fully understandable” for people to burn down churches, is it not fully understandable to lynch people that do?
Try not to get angry at the ones who do hurtful things. Just makes it worse and spreads the anger. Normal happy person does not burn down a Church.
People who are doing this have big problems going on inside of them . I feel sorry for them.
I know it can be frustrating
Old 01-02-2024, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Try not to get angry at the ones who do hurtful things. Just makes it worse and spreads the anger. Normal happy person does not burn down a Church.
People who are doing this have big problems going on inside of them . I feel sorry for them.
Getting angry may not help, but forgiving doesn't help either.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I agree. There is much more involved than the residential school disaster. Abuse in the church has been rampant, globally.

I’m not saying that it is the right approach because obviously it isn’t but but like grizzly states, one can’t help but wonder if there is a hate campaign based on historical wrong doings.

Last edited by Rvsask; 01-02-2024 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makin tracks View Post
what? Your government is attempting to rid it's citizens of their faith, one way is to dig up past history, the tribes new of grave sites, they were not kept up, by the band, church or government! once people lose their faith they have nothing left to believe in, other than the government and what it tells them, Ex China

sad !
BS, there are countless good people without “faith” , who have a lot to believe in. If that statement isn’t a product of religion and indoctrination itself I don’t know what it is. Lol

You should search a broader world view in terms of people and places lacking in “faith”.
Old 01-02-2024, 03:05 PM

"Forgiving doesn't help either"

That could be applied to all parties.
In many instances, criminal convictions are not the result when allegations of misconduct or forms of abuse have been identified. in some cases, defrocking was not considered either, but a transfer instead.
In many, if not all cases the church would prioritize avoidance of scandals and blemish on the cloth versus finding justice to the survivors of abuse by those who held positions of authority either as priests or teachers representing the church.

Unfortunately for many, a few hail Mary's, and a twenty in the plate on Sunday doesn't cut it.

Archival documents prove that the Church was aware of the abuse, and not just in the last century, convictions should come to all who are found guilty via court process. Instead of being hidden within the system rather than facing justice, including the abusers and those burning any buildings, not limited to those attached to religion or any form of worship no matter what walk of life.

Last edited by outofbounds; 01-02-2024 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Getting angry may not help, but forgiving doesn't help either.
Think of forgiveness as helping you and it takes away their power to hurt you.
Think of love as how you choose to treat someone.
At work you don't really learn much or get really good at whatever your occupation is when everything is going good. Its the hard times or when things go wrong that teaches you.
Its the same thing with our lives. We can grow or become better when we go through trials in life but we overcome evil with good.

(Smile)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Think of forgiveness as helping you and it takes away their power to hurt you.
Think of love as how you choose to treat someone.
At work you don't really learn much or get really good at whatever your occupation is when everything is going good. Its the hard times or when things go wrong that teaches you.
Its the same thing with our lives. We can grow or become better when we go through trials in life but we overcome evil with good.

(Smile)
Believe what you want, but forgiving someone does nothing to prevent them from burning more buildings or hurting people in the future. Locking them up, or making them disappear does prevent them from continuing to burn buildings and hurt people.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
what about forest fires!
Old 01-02-2024, 06:55 PM

Quote:
These deranged people are literally burning things and putting lives at risk. It’s less a matter of anger and more a matter of law & order. I can guarantee you wouldn’t feel sorry for someone if they intentionally burned your house down. I feel sorry for the victims of these crimes, not the perpetrators.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:56 PM

We love our children and set rules for their own good. At some point if our children don't learn and keep choosing to do evil ,break rules ,become a danger to us then we have to send their teenage butts out the door.
Same thing with criminals. Living among us is not a right. Have a place where they who choose to be evil can live with their own kind.