Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-11-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Dwight is an important contributor on the website below and published this nasty little bit of anti trapping propaganda too....

http://www.wolfmatters.org/the-truth-about-snares.

Its time for the moderators to give him the boot....
I sure hope to snare a wolf like they have on their mainpage! Its a beauty. This guy needs a kick to the curb asap! Those papers quote nothing, and are just spewing crap made for granola crunchers to read and form an uneducated opinion. Typical Anti BS.

Spruce
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 PM

Has anyone reported him to the mod yet?
Old 02-11-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Has anyone reported him to the mod yet?
Yup!
Cat
Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarksen View Post

I said goodbye in #46 but you asked more questions of me? - Goodbye!
Don't let the door slam ya on the way out.
Didn't bother reading your PM BTW, because I have better things to do than to read sanctimonious drivel which I'm sure it is judging from what you have posted here and on that " other" site- ( unless it's not you which I doubt).
I'm not in the habit of putting people on ignore ,But ....C'YA!
Cat
Old 02-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Don't let the door slam ya on the way out.
Didn't bother reading your PM BTW, because I have better things to do than to read sanctimonious drivel which I'm sure it is judging from what you have posted here and on that " other" site- ( unless it's not you which I doubt).
I'm not in the habit of putting people on ignore ,But ....C'YA!
Cat
Sorry to hear that, from your previous pm to me I thought you would have the decency of replying. I did not contact you!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:30 AM

its extremely disappointing that a full on anti,pushing an anti agenda. has been allowed. and continues to use this forum to get his message out.

if i where a sponsor like nafa,halfords, marty,ATA, ect, all the sponsors. i'ld drop this place so fast!!!
Old 02-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Banned

He's lobbying E&P for 48 hour checks on killing devices (snares etc.) on RFMA's and 24 hour checks for Resident Trapping. Following that he will be lobbying for a total ban on snaring.

As in the past he will be in the Minister's face on this and the top bureaucrats.

All he's doing here is getting ammunition for a presentation. Too bad he didn't get the boot right from the start.

Other than looking at pics I'm done with this Forum.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post
He's lobbying E&P for 48 hour checks on killing devices (snares etc.) on RFMA's and 24 hour checks for Resident Trapping. Following that he will be lobbying for a total ban on snaring.

As in the past he will be in the Minister's face on this and the top bureaucrats.

All he's doing here is getting ammunition for a presentation. Too bad he didn't get the boot right from the start.

Other than looking at pics I'm done with this Forum.
X2....I've been reporting him for a month with out action from forum mods. I'm done with this place to. I encourage all other trappers to do the same. Hopefully the ATA can get a head of this guy
Old 02-12-2016, 08:19 AM

He's a real piece if work.
I'd no sooner help that jerk out of a mud hole than I would the likes of that arsepick Neil Young.
Cat
Old 02-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Default Snares

I read in the "Truth about wolf snares" article that yearling cattle can be leg snared. I guess that after their first birthday they are immune to being snared. See that is something I never knew, never too old to learn.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Banned

I wouldn't be too hard on the Mods about not immediately banning this individual, he has learned to be more subtle from his previous aliases on here and was careful to not break the rules. If not for a series of slip ups on his part he might have been able to hang around a bit longer. He just couldn't help himself from pushing his agenda though.

If anything, by dismissing the input from Alberta trappers on this forum that he asked for and preaching his version of what he wanted to hear, he has proven that he is not open to gathering information about what is actually happening in the trapping world. "Madame Minister, trappers have tried to provide this individual with real life experiences however he dismissed it because it did not fit with his personal agenda." I hope that that arrogance comes back to bite him in the arse.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post
If that was his mission then he failed miserably IMO. My recollection of his posts is that he dismissed any input from knowledgeable trappers whenever it didn't fit with his agenda. When trappers provided input on how to make wolf bounties work.....he argued with it. When someone on this thread stated that he had to manage the coyote numbers in his area.....he argued with it. This all goes to prove that he is incapable of gathering information from knowledgeable, experienced trappers and has no credibility when presenting anything based on input from trappers. Basically, he shot himself in the foot IMO.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If that was his mission then he failed miserably IMO. My recollection of his posts is that he dismissed any input from knowledgeable trappers whenever it didn't fit with his agenda. When trappers provided input on how to make wolf bounties work.....he argued with it. When someone on this thread stated that he had to manage the coyote numbers in his area.....he argued with it. This all goes to prove that he is incapable of gathering information from knowledgeable, experienced trappers and has no credibility when presenting anything based on input from trappers. Basically, he shot himself in the foot IMO.
Interesting, he's also a liar!
I hit the board by mistake without logging in and saw his post about me not having the decency to reply to him after Pm'ing him.
I NEVER DID PM him, he tried to PM me and I simply deleted it without bothering to look.
Cat
Old 02-12-2016, 01:17 PM

Coyotes are one of the only species that you can eliminate 70% of the population in a year an the next year it will be back to carrying capacity. So the experts say anyways.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:05 PM
AO Sponsor

Yup, but they may have missed a few details and jumped to conclusions.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:25 PM

Well Marty you pull a larger amount of coyotes in every year. Do you alternate areas every year to keep a good population. Or do you find you can take the relatively same number of coyotes from an area every year?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:30 PM

I m just guessing that Marilyn keeps teaching the old coyote daily and he, that unlike many of us old fellers, is getting smarter and staying one step ahead of us and the coyotes.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:52 PM
AO Sponsor

You are a coyote

An old one
Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 PM

I wouldn't say he lied, there just wasn't any truth to what he said.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:29 PM

What happened to page 4 ?
Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
What happened to page 4 ?
It was obviously "fixed up"!
I may have called it right, I guess.
Cat
Old 02-13-2016, 01:21 PM

I wonder if it is possible to make it illegal to steal peoples pics off the internet? It was funny to see I had 2 of my wolf pictures taken from here and pasted on their page. Funny part was both of them were good catches and very dead wolves when I got there lol Not sure what the point of him stealing my pics. Hope I catch a few more this year lol
Old 02-13-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I wonder if it is possible to make it illegal to steal peoples pics off the internet? It was funny to see I had 2 of my wolf pictures taken from here and pasted on their page. Funny part was both of them were good catches and very dead wolves when I got there lol Not sure what the point of him stealing my pics. Hope I catch a few more this year lol
Where's the 'like' button???