Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
This will eliminate a lot of jobs in a lot of the car market manufacturing, maybe Trudope & Trump can bail out Ford!
When we start paying big money for fuel in the coming years will these Eco cars come back, not sure?
I may be wrong, but I thought Ford was one of the few that did not need the bail out last time?
Old 04-29-2018, 07:43 PM

Ford has to be up to something. You just don't drop your car line especially when they are popular.
I think they may be looking at alternative fueled cars. Might launch something that works soon.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Ford has to be up to something. You just don't drop your car line especially when they are popular.
I think they may be looking at alternative fueled cars. Might launch something that works soon.
Same reason they dropped the Windstar. The market has changed and a lot of people refuse to drive cars any more. Cars always used to be the cheaper option but the CUVs have come down in price to where you can drive an AWD Escape with chairs instead of bucket seats for the same price as a Focus.

Personally I hate CUVs and most SUVs and my choice was car or truck when I shopped. Those CUVs all ride like tanks, no refinement in the ride quality. I second-guessed my decision to buy a Jetta but the more I read about gas prices the better I feel about it.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought Ford was one of the few that did not need the bail out last time?
Not “Taking”. Does not equate to Not “Needing” if you need you can only hold on so long without.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:38 AM

They all took money, Yes Ford too.

https://www.thebalance.com/auto-indu...rysler-3305670
Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 AM

Not just Ford but all "domestic" manufacturers will always have the 3/4 ton and 1 ton Trucks - this is a segment where only in North America this works ..... at that volume. At least we have that left.

The quality of the smaller and mid sized platforms, and the competition makes it tough for anyone to be profitable unless you are at the top of your game.