Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 07:19 AM

Default Varadaro Cuba

Anyone going to Varadaro Cuba in the very near future?

Have a friend down there who is having a baby and needs a stroller and crib. Very expensive to buy there.

If anyone would be willing to take this with them (id pay you for any extra charges incurred).

Send me a pm if youd like to help out. Blessings.

O
Old 06-14-2018, 08:06 AM

bump
Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 AM

Or if someone is willing to take some cash down to Varadero he would be able to source a stroller locally. Pm me for details.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:15 PM

I will donate $25 to help your friend

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-15-2018, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the generous offer Ken. I wasnt looking for donations, just a a mode of transportation getting it to him... but we figured out a way.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:01 PM

Good Morning. Anyone planning to visit Varadero Cuba anytime soon? My buddy and his family are having a tough time with the sanctions. Recently the government advised them that basics will not be available to buy (toothpaste, soap, TP, etc...). If your going and would be willing to take some stuff with you (i will pay for it) please pm me. Thanks. Oliver
Old 02-21-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster_777 View Post
Good Morning. Anyone planning to visit Varadero Cuba anytime soon? My buddy and his family are having a tough time with the sanctions. Recently the government advised them that basics will not be available to buy (toothpaste, soap, TP, etc...). If your going and would be willing to take some stuff with you (i will pay for it) please pm me. Thanks. Oliver
Your best bet would be to call Fish Tales in Calgary. They go down all the time and fly through Varadero.

If I was anyone taking you up on it I would need to go with you to a store to purchase new. In this day and age, taking a chance of moving a stroller hiding something illegal would be a huge mistake. No offence as I don’t know you. Just saying best to earn prudently on caution.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Banned

If someone is willing to help you and they booked with sunwing, they can bring 1 full size bag and declare it as donation, sunwing will not charge any extra fees.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprli View Post
If someone is willing to help you and they booked with sunwing, they can bring 1 full size bag and declare it as donation, sunwing will not charge any extra fees.
Westjet has checked two big bags of baseball gear I have taken down to Cuba in the past.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-21-2020, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the replies. Stroller was delivered back in 2018. Just looking for the basics to send down (toothpaste, soap, etc...) I have sent money through western union but the exchange rate and local prices are not feasible anymore. Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:19 PM

The recent sanctions have pushed prices up, a bottle of suntan lotion was 35 CUC ($50 CAN) at the bodega in Varadero in December.

I gave all my spices, toothpaste, shampoo and sun tan lotion to our maid when we left she was very appreciative.