Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2018, 05:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Of course there were some bad stuff going on back in the day..but this...this world right now...it isn't right!
Zip!
Wasn't right then and isn't right now....peoplekind

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-25-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Ink me in for both, no need to go either or with two stellar options that aren't mutually exclusive.

The only reason the death penalty isn't quick and cheap comes down to lawyers. Get the verdict and pass the sentence within the week, or even the same day.
So the “solution” is to remove the appeal process.

In your mind, what percentage of wrongful convictions/executions is acceptable?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post

2 out of 3. (Sarcasm off)

Its arguments such as this why we have such a recidivism issue and why Vince Li is walking the streets these days. Its also why gang leader Nick Chan was just released to walk among us. I ask you how innocent you think Vince Li is (literally a busload of people witnessed him committing the decapitation and cannibalism), and then we have this Toronto wanker who was arrested on video, obviously guilty and he's still called a "suspect". I submit that when evidence is so iron clad such as in these cases and others that there is no such thing as an appeal, and really not even much of a trial. The offender should just attend court to get their punishment for the acts they committed on video handed down to them. It would be pretty easy for police to establish an uninterrupted video of Minassian throughout his vehicular rampage by splicing together security cam footage from all the way along his route. His arrest is obviously recorded too. Where would your objection lie with that in his specific case? And no invoking "but if they did that here they could do that there" because that rabbit hole is bottomless. THIS SPECIFIC CASE.

The 'but what if's' from criminal apologists are simply ruining society and quite frankly I'm sick of the deviant thought processes behind it.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
2 out of 3. (Sarcasm off)

The 'but what if's' from criminal apologists are simply ruining society and quite frankly I'm sick of the deviant thought processes behind it.
No thanks.

"All presumptive evidence of felony should be admitted cautiously; for the law holds it better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent party suffer."

- William Blackstone

Our government, legal system and police have not demonstrated a level of trust required to hand out summary convictions on criminal offences.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
No thanks.

"All presumptive evidence of felony should be admitted cautiously; for the law holds it better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent party suffer."

- William Blackstone

Our government, legal system and police have not demonstrated a level of trust required to hand out summary convictions on criminal offences.
Some of Blackstones quotes are wise, that one is utter garbage. He never saw evidence of a crime committed on video.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:58 AM

Default Wow

So I found this last night.

I warn it's profoundly disturbing.

But you want to see what and how these guys actually think?

https://incels.me/threads/to-normies...s-wrong.38685/

Terrorists indeed.

VS the entire human race.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 04-25-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post

Terrorists indeed.

Wtf. I never knew such thing existed until this morning.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Terrorists indeed.

Wow, those people are all mental train-wrecks. Funny how often they use the word 'cuck' when it applies to all of them in the manner that they're all subservient to the very people whose attention they so crave. Maybe if they read How to Make Friends and Influence People and applied its principles they might at least get some heavy petting? Hitting the gym and some dance lessons might even get them to home base, but they'd have to do something about their personalities to make it to long-term relationship land.

Look at the 'People of Wal Mart' and imagine that many of them manage to reproduce, then stop to consider that these Incel weirdo's would actually look up to them....... Gives me shivers!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 PM

I read some of that -cel stuff on their forums too.

It really rocked me how much pain, loneliness, and anger and hate exists in these people.

I'm in no way condoning what this guy did, but you can see where it comes from. All that hate simmering in the pot for so long.

Mental health is obviously an issue in many cases, but a lot of it is also fermented by a lifetime of abuse, frustration, isolation.
It must suck to be that lonely.

Half of them want to kill, the other half want to die. What an awful mess.
Depression must be a factor in every case, whether it led to their situation, or resulted from it.

Forums like that shouldn't be banned though.
I imagine it is cathartic and therapeutic for them to vent and talk with others who are living like they are, and in most cases the venting PREVENTS people from acting out, rather that encourages it.

I can only see more people like this in the future. Society is getting to be an increasingly isolated place for a lot of people.

So much anger and hate though. What an awful way to go through this short life.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Its arguments such as this why ... because that rabbit hole is bottomless. THIS SPECIFIC CASE.

Well said, Caber! There should be a "like" button on this forum.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
No thanks.

- William Blackstone

No context there, so you may well be greatly misquoting him. Also, I don't care how much of a God he's considered in the world of law. We're intelligent enough to look at how the system has been working and draw our own conclusions.

Also, our slow and considered legal system has shown that it can miscarry justice just as bad as the summary convictions you mention.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Terrorists indeed.

Wow... Thats just plain sad. Some of those guys are ticking time bombs and its not about getting laid...
Old 04-25-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Well said, Caber! There should be a "like" button on this forum.

Some people would champion Minassian being released if he got his wrist excessively twisted by the police, or any minute procedural error, or waiting too long for a drink of water while in custody. These are people I have a huge problem with. Its these people who make me wish that cop blew Minassian the heck away, kaput, game over. It would have been a good shoot too, what a lost opportunity . Its these people who make it possible for sociopaths to be among us when they could be locked up for the publics safety as well as their own.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Terrorists indeed.

Profoundly disturbing barely covers it. Maybe they need to start getting Costco size doses of Prozac...Zanax....or whatever Happy Pill can make them cope with their lives. Very sad, but the simmering cauldron of hatred there makes it hard to sympathize.

I bet Jordan Peterson could help most of them.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

I wasn't aware that there was a group made up of unf*&kables. Are there female members of this incel weirdo organization? If there is why aren't these people getting together and hitting it.

It's sad that there are people who are that socially inept that they can't even drag the drunken flotsam and jetsam left on the dance floor at the end of the last song of the night at the local dive bar home with them.

I hope this POS doesn't get off with an NCR defence.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:49 PM

The whole thing makes my brain boggle.

I am an ugly ass guy.

.... and yet I have never had any problem picking up.

Be funny enough and it doesn’t matter what you look like.

I wonder how many were normal people that just got sucked into the hate tank and drank the kool aid.

It’s disheartening to see to say the least.

Complete and utter wastes of oxygen.

These guys upset me more than the ISIS guys do. They are all insane but I find it easier to understand radicals thought processes than these bunch of misfiring synapses

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC

Last edited by sns2; 04-26-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
More like mentally deranged terrorist...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Isn't that an oxymoron? 😀
I meant to say redundant. Lol
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-26-2018, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

I bet Jordan Peterson could help most of them.
Yes he could.

There are a lot of people who could benefit from an hour long sitdown with him.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post

Forums like that shouldn't be banned though.
I imagine it is cathartic and therapeutic for them to vent and talk with others who are living like they are, and in most cases the venting PREVENTS people from acting out, rather that encourages it.
Couldn't more disagree.

Unless these people are seeking professional help and hearing the truth they will not only continue to live in this world of loathing and hatred but they will eventually act out because they are being enabled and reinforced and supported in their extremely sad beliefs.

It is very similar to living in the online world of conspiracy theories. Your whole world starts to cycle in a tighter and tighter false sense of reality.

Deeply disturbing individuals.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post

You could greatly reduce wrongful convictions if the law was changed to sentence anyone that gave false testimony, or coerced false testimony, or planted or withheld evidence, to the same sentence as the accused. That would apply to everyone, including prosecutors and police. A big part of the Donald Marshall conviction was the false testimony that the police coerced another prisoner to give. Would they have been so anxious to coerce the other prisoner to give that testimony if it meant that getting caught would result in them facing the death sentence? The sad fact, is that those responsible were never held accountable.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM

Default Breaking news attack in Toronto

Hmmm...

*Straps on tinfoil hat*

Anyone else uncomfortable with how easily the Incel, woman hating portrayal of the perpetrator plays into the narrative of a feminist Prime Minister who’s been oddly absent throughout this tragic event?

Maybe it’s just me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Hmmm...

*Straps on tinfoil hat*

Anyone else uncomfortable with how easily the Incel, woman hating portrayal of the perpetrator plays into the narrative of a feminist Prime Minister who’s been oddly absent throughout this tragic event?

Maybe it’s just me....

It's not just you, the situation is being used to pursue an agenda.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Hmmm...

*Straps on tinfoil hat*

Maybe it’s just me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It's not just you, the situation is being used to pursue an agenda.
Ha.

The first conspiracy theory I am not buying into.

I don't think there is an agenda here that includes the attack. However I do believe the media is going to give the story some good spins that make it seem so.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Ha.

The first conspiracy theory I am not buying into.

I don't think there is an agenda here that includes the attack. However I do believe the media is going to give the story some good spins that make it seem so.
I am not saying that the incident was part of an agenda, rather that classifying this as mental illness, to avoid admitting that it was an act of terrorism is pursuing an agenda. A person does not have to be part of a recognized terrorist group, to commit an act of terrorism.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Couldn't more disagree.

Unless these people are seeking professional help and hearing the truth they will not only continue to live in this world of loathing and hatred but they will eventually act out because they are being enabled and reinforced and supported in their extremely sad beliefs.

It is very similar to living in the online world of conspiracy theories. Your whole world starts to cycle in a tighter and tighter false sense of reality.

Deeply disturbing individuals.
X2

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am not saying that the incident was part of an agenda, rather that classifying this as mental illness, to avoid admitting that it was an act of terrorism is pursuing an agenda. A person does not have to be part of a recognized terrorist group, to commit an act of terrorism.
Ahh. Good point, and I now agree. If the link to incel is established then yes it would definitely be terrorism.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Terrorists indeed.

Took a look around there. Wow. I had no idea this was a thing. Threads talking about taking what femoids try to deprive them of by force and other members condoning this. I read your warning but feel sick now.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:43 AM

There are a lot of sick people around us... some of them are “quiet”, some of them are not. Some of them are behaving well until triggered. The trigger could be just about anything. In Nazi Germany, they were rounded up and sent to the special camps. In the former Soviet Union they were kept at a locked up facilities called” phsyco house”. In civilized world like Canada, they are walking the street among us.
There is no a simple solution to the mental problem. These people, on this incel forum, are sick in a head. They have to be monitored by authorities or specialist doctors. The triggers could be seen. The attacks could been prevented. It does take resources. And money. But it can save lives. Unfortunately our libtards would rather pay millions of dollars to terrorists and give money to anyone else in the world than look after their own citizens.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned

Seeing the manner in which the policeman Lam brought the situation under control and never had to fire a shot , is commendable , BUT it makes a person question what Forcilos reasons were to fire nine times into the crazy kid on the bus surrounded by armed officers and at a distance where HE wasn't in danger! All they had to do is shut the darned door on him and he was no danger to anyone ! That IMO was murder ! pure and simple , Had that cop shot a dog in the same circumstances he would have been burned alive !
Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Seeing the manner in which the policeman Lam brought the situation under control and never had to fire a shot , is commendable , BUT it makes a person question what Forcilos reasons were to fire nine times into the crazy kid on the bus surrounded by armed officers and at a distance where HE wasn't in danger! All they had to do is shut the darned door on him and he was no danger to anyone ! That IMO was murder ! pure and simple , Had that cop shot a dog in the same circumstances he would have been burned alive !
Are you high? Yatim had already stabbed one passenger, was acting in a threatening manner, was high as a kite and after being ordered by James Forcillo to stop and drop the knife proceeded to advance on him and that is why he had the air let out of him. And deservedly so.

Forcillo's charge,trial and conviction was purely politically motivated because a white cop shot a muslim.

His only mistake was firing the second round of shots, the jury clearly said that. He was not convicted of murder but of attempted murder because of that second salvo which is insane because the coroner said that Yatim was killed instantly with the first 3.

Forcillo should not have been convicted, the whole thing was a travesty of justice.