Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2015, 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=Redfrog;2919047
Reminds me of when my mom came home and caught me with the twin sisters.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you had twin sisters?
Old 08-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Default Relevance

Where is the relavance in the OP's post to APOS or outtfitters. Other than the guy having previously been a guide, this situation has nothing to do with outfitters. There is no reference to it being an outfitted hunt and APOS has no involvment in it.

I would agree with most that stiffer penalties are needed for guides / outfitters that break the law as well as the regular hunters that do the same. However I don't see any corelation to this story and the regular outfitter bashing by the soapbox group on this website. It's getting old fast.

It's one thing when using specific examples of offenses directly related to an outfitter or guide that happened while guiding. In that case bash away. Twisting every situation into a chance to complain some more about the way outfitters get their licenses is pathetic.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingnut View Post
Where is the relavance in the OP's post to APOS or outtfitters. Other than the guy having previously been a guide, this situation has nothing to do with outfitters. There is no reference to it being an outfitted hunt and APOS has no involvment in it.

I would agree with most that stiffer penalties are needed for guides / outfitters that break the law as well as the regular hunters that do the same. However I don't see any corelation to this story and the regular outfitter bashing by the soapbox group on this website. It's getting old fast.

It's one thing when using specific examples of offenses directly related to an outfitter or guide that happened while guiding. In that case bash away. Twisting every situation into a chance to complain some more about the way outfitters get their licenses is pathetic.
Is he not a guide? I don't really care if he was guiding at the time or not. Any guide that is convicted of a wildlife infraction should loose there ability to guide, just like many other professions.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Is he not a guide? I don't really care if he was guiding at the time or not. Any guide that is convicted of a wildlife infraction should loose there ability to guide, just like many other professions.
I don't disagree with you here.

My point is just that the origional post has nothing to do with APOS or Oufitters.

This situation was with an individual, not an Outfitter or APOS. I also believe the penalty should have been much stiffer in this case as the act was a blatant disregard to the laws by someone who clearly knew them and knew about the mine boundaries.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=Redfrog;2919289]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45/70/500 View Post
APOS Likely needs an assessment as any organization like a teacher's union or association would when questions about their operation are raised.
Here you go again. We all know you are an outfitter. The difference between my organization and yours is that not a single person who has been convicted of any type of inappropriate behaviour, either sexually or physically, toward a student is teaching in this province. Not one.

However, public perception is that your organization seemingly coddles members who are convicted with wildlife offences. They pay their fine assessed by the gov't and carry on, often to repeat the same offence.

APOS needs more than a re-assessment. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
I didn't know you had twin sisters?
I suppose you didn't know my brother has twin sisters as well.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Gone Hunting

[QUOTE=sns2;2919929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

Here you go again. We all know you are an outfitter. The difference between my organization and yours is that not a single person who has been convicted of any type of inappropriate behaviour, either sexually or physically, toward a student is teaching in this province. Not one.

However, public perception is that your organization seemingly coddles members who are convicted with wildlife offences. They pay their fine assessed by the gov't and carry on, often to repeat the same offence.

APOS needs more than a re-assessment. Correct me if I am wrong.
Glad to. You're wrong.
I'm an outfitter. That's the only thing in your post that is 100% correct.

As so often happens with those who can't, you have twisted innuendo with B/S.

I never mentioned sexual or physical or inappropriate behaviour toward students. That is your bailiwick. Outfitters have never been charged or investigated for any of those offences against children. Not one.

Now if no teacher or education administrator has never been investigated, charged or convicted of these offences, how would they be painted as pedophiles. That's the perception.

Now I simply said that from time to time any organization should be scrutinized, audited etc. Now I'm fine with it if you think every other organization except the ones you belong to should be looked at. I understand why you would want to take that position.

I suggested APOS needs a review. But we don't usually hang folks in Canada until the facts have been presented. You understand that right? Like no teacher has been CONVICTED of molesting kids.

I also said from the get go that the penalties should be much more severe than they are now.

So don't come at me like I'm condoning illegal activity by guides or outfitters, and don't insult me with your condescending faux outrage.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-07-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingnut View Post
I don't disagree with you here.

My point is just that the origional post has nothing to do with APOS or Oufitters.

This situation was with an individual, not an Outfitter or APOS. I also believe the penalty should have been much stiffer in this case as the act was a blatant disregard to the laws by someone who clearly knew them and knew about the mine boundaries.
The illegal killing of the ram by a licenced APOS guide is relevant the original question.

The discussion encompasses the question of whether or not outfitters and guides should face consequences to their eligibility to offer these services if they are found guilty of Wildlife Act/regulations offences.

Clients of outfitters and guides face being convicted of crimes when following the advice or just being in the company of these professionals, even when the client is unaware of the illegal actions/directions of the outfitter/guide.

Trust and 100% accountability imposed on the outfitter/guide should be a priority of APOS and F&W.

The actions giving full trust and accountability of these individuals cannot be limited to when they are acting under contract, but must be applied throughout their activities associated with wildlife.

For example, would you give Kristopher Brophy a pass on guiding sanctions because his mountainous list of poaching infractions were done on his personal time?

A reminder of what Kris the APOS licenced guide did on his free time....
Poachers Receive $100,000 Fine.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=155265

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/07...in-boat-police

Not Alberta but related.