Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 AM

Default First Bow

I am buying my first bow tomorrow of another forum member. To be honest with you I have never shot one before so will be a lot of trial and error as I dont know anyone who shoots bow. If you all would be so kind I would love to know where I can get solid information on starting out. Is there a class somewhere a guy can take ? Maybe a good range with helpful people ? Even a member who wouldn't mind a tag along on some targets ? I would be more than happy to fill there belly with cold beer and a T Bone after.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 AM

A couple of ideas come to mind. Head into Calgary and hit either Jimbow's archery in the NorthEast, not too far from you. They have a range and Jimbow knows his stuff to get you off and started there will probably be some guys shooting in there that will be willing to help you as well. OR head to the Calgary Archery Center in the southeast, a bit more of a drive but worth it in my opinion. Great staff, they do get busy so you may have to wait in line and a great range. Always someone shooting in there that will help you out. Maybe even call ahead and ask them if you can line up a range session with one of the staff members to get some pointers on form etc...

There are alot of guys that shoot at either of these places that are also on here so maybe someone can line something up with you. I am not too sure when I will be shooting next but will let you know when I will be at the CAC and we could hook-up. Wont be until next week sometime. are you available to shoot at lunch times?

Good luck and welcome to your new addiction!!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM

Hi jts1 - yes, what FallAir said is correct. I think you will get the help and direction you need to get started at either place. Once you get set up just keep practicing! Quite a few of the archery guys on here really know their stuff too, questions are always welcome.

Addiction is right Fall Air...yup