Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Should we be encouraging a guy who doesnt understand the most basic rights of gun ownership to carry a gun on the long weekend?......The OPs question seems ridiculous to me....discuss. Good luck "deep in the woods" BTW LOL
Why not encourage this? he has a right to carry a long gun and maybe find a place to plink. Besides in my view, there is no such thing as a stupid question! (maybe the one not asked???) Give the guy a break.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Should we be encouraging a guy who doesnt understand the most basic rights of gun ownership to carry a gun on the long weekend?......The OPs question seems ridiculous to me....discuss. Good luck "deep in the woods" BTW LOL
Well Drake. We don't all have John Wayne in our blood like you do. I feel for you though. It must be frustrating for you to be surrounded by people that are so much less intelligent than you are.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep6matt View Post
Billie ......
You really missed my point. The hint is in "last resort".
Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Unless your in a national park the answer is yes.

If anybody asks you are going rabbit hunting.
If anybody ever ask me what I am doing with a firearm I don't have to give them some sort of answer like " I'm rabbit hunting" or some other lie when I'm not.
Let's be perfectly clear here.

Unless the person is a an LEO or a warden, they will be told exactly that it is none of their business but in fact there is nothing illegal about carrying a firearm in Alberta.

If it's an LEO or a warden they will be asked why they want to see it.
If the guy is just some jack wagon he may just get the response that Pincerguy gave!
Cat
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Banned

Thanks for all your answers. We had a great time in the Blue Ridge area this weekend. No animals were shot. We saw lots of deer and some beavers. We had a great time plinking.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM

I normally have a fire extinguisher, trauma bag and a gun in my truck, camping or wherever. I don't feel the need to justify to anyone why because I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Be smart. I will be bringing bear spray next weekend when I go fishing. It is lead based and comes in 140 grain doses.

I suggest you do the same
Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
Nothing they can do unless you misuse it. You may run into someone that will give you hard time but nothing they can do about it.

We were camping and fishing at Beaver Mines lake one year. I still had my rifle boot on my Rhino. Some guy approached me and said, "there are no guns allowed in the campground" I told him I knew this. So he says he had one of the campers tell him about the rifle boot and they were concerned. I told him no reason for concern, and got in the Rhino to go back to camp. He says let me see your rifle. Now the guy is starting to get under my skin, his tone and demeanor are like super cop. So I said why, never seen one before? OK, game on. He says can't let you run around here with a gun. You can't stop me from doing anything Captain America. Where are you camped smart azz? Follow me and you will see dumb azz. So he follows me back to camp and starts writing stuff down. You haven't heard the last of this he says as he leaves. One hour later here comes the calvary, RCMP sneaks into camp like he is looking for an ambush. He gets everyone out of the trailer, and starts asking questions. Can I see your firearm? Don't have one here, they are all at home. I opened the gun boot, no rifle, I told him he could look in the trailer if he was interested in doing so. He did, no rifle, he turns to my grandson and says where is his gun. Kid says I don't know, home I guess. The cop says we got a report that your were running around the campground with a gun. I just laughed, not surprised I say. Why didn't you just show the guy you had no gun, could have saved a lot of trouble. None of his business I said and if he wasn't playing his super dude roll I may have. Besides this is no trouble to me, kind of fun actually. So he says OK show me your id and I will be on my way. You know who I am after running my plates don't you? He just left, went to the camp guardian then left. This is how you have fun when the fish aren't biting. Sorry didn't mean to derail your thread.

Great story, I can picture it ....
Old 07-22-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
Nothing they can do unless you misuse it. You may run into someone that will give you hard time but nothing they can do about it.

We were camping and fishing at Beaver Mines lake one year. I still had my rifle boot on my Rhino. Some guy approached me and said, "there are no guns allowed in the campground" I told him I knew this. So he says he had one of the campers tell him about the rifle boot and they were concerned. I told him no reason for concern, and got in the Rhino to go back to camp. He says let me see your rifle. Now the guy is starting to get under my skin, his tone and demeanor are like super cop. So I said why, never seen one before? OK, game on. He says can't let you run around here with a gun. You can't stop me from doing anything Captain America. Where are you camped smart azz? Follow me and you will see dumb azz. So he follows me back to camp and starts writing stuff down. You haven't heard the last of this he says as he leaves. One hour later here comes the calvary, RCMP sneaks into camp like he is looking for an ambush. He gets everyone out of the trailer, and starts asking questions. Can I see your firearm? Don't have one here, they are all at home. I opened the gun boot, no rifle, I told him he could look in the trailer if he was interested in doing so. He did, no rifle, he turns to my grandson and says where is his gun. Kid says I don't know, home I guess. The cop says we got a report that your were running around the campground with a gun. I just laughed, not surprised I say. Why didn't you just show the guy you had no gun, could have saved a lot of trouble. None of his business I said and if he wasn't playing his super dude roll I may have. Besides this is no trouble to me, kind of fun actually. So he says OK show me your id and I will be on my way. You know who I am after running my plates don't you? He just left, went to the camp guardian then left. This is how you have fun when the fish aren't biting. Sorry didn't mean to derail your thread.
that's awesome !!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Yeah, I'm more or less bringin it for if a bear shows up to where I'm camping I can scare it away. I will only shoot at it if it charges me.
10-4...i'm doing the same. Family and i are getting deeper and deeper into the sticks lately. Wife has asked if we're "prepared". I said nope. Been trying to get her to see the added security of having a rifle. Signed up for the PAL coarse in Sept. Piece of mind. Cheers.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Yeah, I'm more or less bringin it for if a bear shows up to where I'm camping I can scare it away. I will only shoot at it if it charges me.
10-4...i'm doing the same. Family and i are getting deeper and deeper into the sticks lately. Wife has asked if we're "prepared". I said nope. Been trying to get her to see the added security of having a rifle. Signed up for the PAL coarse in Sept. Piece of mind. Cheers.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:59 AM

nah Canada is pretty good, I wouldn't worry. I know a peace officer, she said carrying guns is pretty common. Generally more concerned about the combo of guns and liquor than just guns.