Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM

Default Anyone use this type of knife

Been using this knife at work the past couple days, and the thing had stayed sharp as hell, yet to have had to switch the blade.
Thinking about getting another one to throw in the hunting pack. Box of new blades takes up next to no space, each blade has two sides, takes about 3 seconds to switch blades. And if it hold up as well on animals as it does on copper cable should keep and edge pretty good to.

Maybe a little less flimsy then the skalpal knives? Never used one
paid 15$

Also the one I have has a different locking device for switching blades( a little wheel switch on top the blade holder) and has a locking mechanism for hold the blade in 3-4 different angles can't remember.
http://m.canadiantire.ca/mt/www.cana..._jtt_v_image=1
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM

I have those type of blades in all my hunting packs, glove boxes, quad boxes. You name it, I have them stashed everywhere.

There are a great utility knife to have around. Great for skinning, caping animals. When it goes dull, just flip the blade over and when that one gets dull, put in a new blade.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
I have those type of blades in all my hunting packs, glove boxes, quad boxes. You name it, I have them stashed everywhere.

There are a great utility knife to have around. Great for skinning, caping animals. When it goes dull, just flip the blade over and when that one gets dull, put in a new blade.
Not sure how a small perfectly straight utility blade would be much good for skinning. You would be only cuttng with the very tip, versus a nice curving drop point. I use a knife like the one shown to cut plastic or carpet.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Not sure how a small perfectly straight utility blade would be much good for skinning. You would be only cuttng with the very tip, versus a nice curving drop point. I use a knife like the one shown to cut plastic or carpet.
All I can tell you is try it, I have no reason to blow smoke up yer or anyone else's keester.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Not great for skinning,but works well for caping. For me anyway.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM

Bought a 3 pack at Costco 2 years ago for about the same $ as the CT one. Not sure if they still have them or not, haven't looked lately.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM

Have an older version from 6-9 years ago, liked it so good I went out and bought another one to have when it died, years later the original is still going strong. Great knife for around the garage, cutting drywall, etc.